Author Topic: So long F.P. - Who's next?  (Read 3267 times)

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Re: So long F.P. - Who's next?
« Reply #75: November 08, 2021, 01:42:25 AM »
Color job even for someone like Maxwell has gotta pay at least $200K, no? An experienced guy, much more I'd guess.
$100K is an insult, especially with the cost of living in the DMV.

Michael Morse -- not just awful as a color commentator -- he has the ability to actually make people physically ill.

Justin Maxwell -- Initially I said that I'd prefer my OWN dentist over JMax in the booth with Carpenter, or even a random carpenter.  But I think JMax improved significantly within a span of only a month, and has potential to be a decent color guy.  He needs to not be so polite all the time. 

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #76: November 08, 2021, 07:19:51 AM »
$100K is an insult, especially with the cost of living in the DMV.

Michael Morse -- not just awful as a color commentator -- he has the ability to actually make people physically ill.

Justin Maxwell -- Initially I said that I'd prefer my OWN dentist over JMax in the booth with Carpenter, or even a random carpenter.  But I think JMax improved significantly within a span of only a month, and has potential to be a decent color guy.  He needs to not be so polite all the time.
Maxwell seems fine to me.  As you he improved and seems likable to me. Wish they would get a new play by play guy but seems we have another couple of years with Carp.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #77: November 08, 2021, 08:54:48 AM »
Jessica Mendoza? She has a national job. Really hated her criticism of Fiers. But that's unrealistic.

None of the other options sound great, they are just listing bawplayers for some reason. Blevins might be decent.

Offline machpost

« Reply #78: November 08, 2021, 09:57:59 AM »
I love that everyone just acknowledges MASN is insanely cheap and will just hire a former recent Nat despite that list of people having no experience on the job.

I'm resigned to the fact that it's going to be bad, no matter who they hire.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #79: November 08, 2021, 02:04:04 PM »
Maxwell seems fine to me.  As you he improved and seems likable to me. Wish they would get a new play by play guy but seems we have another couple of years with Carp.
Maxwell was freaking awful

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #80: November 08, 2021, 02:31:00 PM »
Color job even for someone like Maxwell has gotta pay at least $200K, no? An experienced guy, much more I'd guess.

MASN is a clown network that is spinning the drain and everyone knows it. It's a complete joke and the moment the lawsuit is over the network is being stripped for parts.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #81: November 08, 2021, 02:48:03 PM »

Depends on how much the Lerners can defer...

With so much deferred money coming due, I don't expect there to be any major signings for the next umpteen years...

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #82: November 08, 2021, 06:14:45 PM »
MASN is a clown network that is spinning the drain and everyone knows it. It's a complete joke and the moment the lawsuit is over the network is being stripped for parts.
And what's understated is the lack of off season content.  The only show they used to have was the shoestring budget Nats Talk show on Saturday morning -- and I don't miss it one bit.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #83: November 08, 2021, 06:21:49 PM »
...Wish they would get a new play by play guy but seems we have another couple of years with Carp.
After Carpenter leaves they'll replace him with Lucky Dan Kolko before the seat gets cold.  For what it's worth, Kolko's clean as a whistle.

Offline machpost

« Reply #84: November 09, 2021, 09:55:56 AM »

MASN is probably the worst of the bunch but all the RSNs as we know them are on their way out.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #85: November 12, 2021, 01:08:34 AM »

With half of it deferred over 30 years.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #86: November 12, 2021, 11:53:49 AM »
 :D
With half of it deferred over 30 years.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #87: November 28, 2021, 06:34:41 PM »
And what's understated is the lack of off season content.  The only show they used to have was the shoestring budget Nats Talk show on Saturday morning -- and I don't miss it one bit.

Wasn't that hosted by Phil Wood, aka the guy who looks like he's in a contest with Raiders owner Mark Davis for worst haircut in western civilization?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #88: November 28, 2021, 06:43:07 PM »
Yep. But he knew stuff.

Wasn't that hosted by Phil Wood, aka the guy who looks like he's in a contest with Raiders owner Mark Davis for worst haircut in western civilization?

Offline Duke of Earl

« Reply #89: November 30, 2021, 12:24:04 PM »
  For what it's worth, Kolko's clean as a whistle.
Not so sure about that.  Wasn't there that incident at the adult theater?

https://www.jdjournal.com/2016/07/27/25-year-anniversary-of-pee-wee-hermans-arrest/

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #90: November 30, 2021, 03:25:50 PM »

Going up against Davis in that game is like playing LeBron 1 on 1.  Sure, Wood might be the Dwyane Wade of bad haircuts, but Davis looks like Boris Johnson's idea of what happens when a coiffure intersects with a plate of poutine.