Author Topic: 2021-2022 Offseason Discussion/Signings/Trades/Rumors  (Read 38796 times)

Offline Five Banners

59-103.

And a non-ideal time to be competing for a high pick now that the lottery is coming

Offline ChiliPalmer14

• 2019 was neat
Is Strasburg hurt yet?  I assumed when the CBA was agreed upon he immediately became sore.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Is Strasburg hurt yet?  I assumed when the CBA was agreed upon he immediately became sore.

Its early

Online Natsinpwc

59-103.
So pessimistic. That could get 70 wins. 

Offline Elvir Ovcina

So pessimistic. That could get 70 wins.

If Strasburg stays hurt per usual, that roster is one Juan Soto injury away from being a run-of-the-mill AAA team.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Where we are now. It will be interesting to see how this changes in the next 3 weeks. Obvious holes at 1B, IF

C: Ruiz, Adams
1B: Bell
2B: Garcia, Hernandez, Fox
SS: Escobar
3B: Kieboom
OF: Soto, Casey, Y. Hernandez, Robles, Thomas, Stevenson,

SP: Adon, Corbin, Espino, Fedde, Gray, Strasburg, Ross (TJ)
RP: Carrillo, Clay, Finnegan, Harris, Klobostis, Lee, Machado, Murphy, Perez, Rainey, Romero, Voth, Thompson, Cishek,

Obvious holes at 2B, SS, 3B, LF (or whichever corner position Soto does not play. Thomas is a maybe at CF. Escobar is filling time, Garcia is a less-likely maybe and the other two are hopeless, Robles is last inning defensive replacement (at best). Kieboom and Robles are two of the worst hitters I have ever seen, and Kieboom is a hopeless fielder.

As someone said, this team is down at the 2009 / 2010 level.

But...at least we have baseball again.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Roster bad.

Offline DPMOmaha

Interesting that Robles is a player that got worse under Kevin Long. Maybe a new hitting coach can get him back to where he was a couple years ago. I think we’ll see a rebound from him.

Offline Slateman

https://mobile.twitter.com/danielalvarezee/status/1503046279894548488?s=21

Free-agent IF/OF Ehire Adrianza is in agreement with the Washington Nationals on a one-year MLB deal, sources tell
@ElExtrabase

Offline Slateman

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Can Parra be far behind?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Offline Mattionals

Can Parra be far behind?

He's on a minor league deal with an invite to ST already.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
https://mobile.twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1503075199926902792

Welcome back, Annibal
well, we can hope somebody is good enough to beat him out for a rotation spot.  I hope he can take the ball every 5th day and go more than 5 innings. They need that. A decent 100 innings over 20 starts before the trade deadline, then wheeling him to open a spot for Cavalli or Henry would be ideal.

Online imref

He's on a minor league deal with an invite to ST already.

:thumbs:

Offline Mattionals

So let's get SSS in here. What if, Lane Thomas plays LF and produces at the rate he did for the Nats last year? What if Robles turns a corner and reaches his ceiling? Let's assume Soto puts in a Soto year. That actually could be a formidable outfield. I know if won't happen, but, sunshine squad!

I have no real hope for Kieboom though. Liking the idea of Garcia going to SS and likely playing at AAA to start the season.

Online imref

So let's get SSS in here. What if, Lane Thomas plays LF and produces at the rate he did for the Nats last year? What if Robles turns a corner and reaches his ceiling? Let's assume Soto puts in a Soto year. That actually could be a formidable outfield. I know if won't happen, but, sunshine squad!

I have no real hope for Kieboom though. Liking the idea of Garcia going to SS and likely playing at AAA to start the season.

The only way this team is competitive imho is if Corbin bounces back and strasburg isn’t hurt

Offline Mattionals

The only way this team is competitive imho is if Corbin bounces back and strasburg isn’t hurt

I'm very aware the team as a whole needs lots of pitching. I think the OF is closest but still requires tons of things to break really really well. Not a 100 loss team, but definitely looking at losing 90 right now.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Corbin, Stras, and Sanchez back to 2019 levels.  Then sign Greinke.  He had a better game 7 than Max, so it'd be an upgrade :)

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Corbin, Stras, and Sanchez back to 2019 levels.  Then sign Greinke.  He had a better game 7 than Max, so it'd be an upgrade :)
The main objective for Stras in 2022 is to stay healthy for 2023.
Sanchez is toast.
If Corbin has a good first half maybe some team will pick up his contract.

Offline Slateman

Also, Aaron Sanchez

Online imref

So recapping:

Major league deals:
- Nelson Cruz on some sort of deal
- Ehire Adrianza (INF)
- Steve Cishek (RHP)

Minor league deals
- Erasmo Ramírez (RHP)