Author Topic: 2021-2022 Offseason Discussion/Signings/Trades/Rumors  (Read 38535 times)

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
The trade value target for Bell is what the Cubs got for Rizzo.

Differing factor is 1 year of control for bell right now vs. 1/2 a year of rizzo at the deadline.  No way bell gets us a premium guy, but he could get us 2 risky upside guys that would fit in our top 25 with the potential to rise

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Differing factor is 1 year of control for bell right now vs. 1/2 a year of rizzo at the deadline.  No way bell gets us a premium guy, but he could get us 2 risky upside guys that would fit in our top 25 with the potential to rise
The minimum is what Rizzo brought back

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Actually, the article goes through his stats and says he has value.  Not as much as Olson in trade, but more than others.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Actually, the article goes through his stats and says he has value.  Not as much as Olson in trade, but more than others.
Yea, its what I've been saying for a while. Bell has value and Rizzo should hold out for a deal that meets that value. If that means letting him mash for the first half of 2022 and dealing him at the deadline, so be it.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Fangraphs projects the Nats as a 75 win team, and Soto as the best player in the league: https://www.talknats.com/2022/01/05/fangraphs-projects-nats-currently-75-87-team-year/

Offline UMDNats

carter kieboom projecting for 1.5 WAR and patrick corbin at 2.7 WAR :lmao:

also if we pitch erik fedde another 121 innings it's going to be an awful summer

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Fangraphs projects the Nats as a 75 win team, and Soto as the best player in the league: https://www.talknats.com/2022/01/05/fangraphs-projects-nats-currently-75-87-team-year/
funny - I don't see these projections up on Fangraphs yet.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
carter kieboom projecting for 1.5 WAR and patrick corbin at 2.7 WAR :lmao:

also if we pitch erik fedde another 121 innings it's going to be an awful summer
WAR is a cumulative stat, so the assumption must be that Kiebust plays everyday to reach 1.5.  Just when you think his defense has improved, he gets exposed.

75 wins in 2022 sounds about right.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

WAR is a cumulative stat, so the assumption must be that Kiebust plays everyday to reach 1.5.  Just when you think his defense has improved, he gets exposed.

75 wins in 2022 sounds about right.

WAR is also cumulative in a negative direction.

Online imref

Byron Kerr
@ByronKerr
OF/3B Elian Soto, 16, the famous younger brother of #Nats star Juan Soto, is close to signing with the #Nats, not the Mets, source close to situation confirms.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
It would make more sense to me to hold on to Bell and see how the season goes; can always be flipped at the deadline.  You really leave Soto all alone as a power guy if you trade him.  As you say, wth the lockout there is no real news so writers looking for something to write.
I will lose my little bit of remaining hope if we trade Josh Bell.

He is perfect to keep around and help protect Soto. If some things work out around them, a middle of the order with Soto and Bell could build a core you augment at deadline. If the pitching is a disaster again and guys like Kieboom and Garcia are low average, you can move Bell at deadline.

Move Bell and I'm not certain how they make a good faith attempt at trying in 2022. Just nuke everything. Not much left to even move, but try to at the least.

Online Natsinpwc

I will lose my little bit of remaining hope if we trade Josh Bell.

He is perfect to keep around and help protect Soto. If some things work out around them, a middle of the order with Soto and Bell could build a core you augment at deadline. If the pitching is a disaster again and guys like Kieboom and Garcia are low average, you can move Bell at deadline.

Move Bell and I'm not certain how they make a good faith attempt at trying in 2022. Just nuke everything. Not much left to even move, but try to at the least.
Wake up; they are not trying to win in 2022.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Wake up; they are not trying to win in 2022.

As long as we’re not in the middle.  I want playoffs or a top 5 draft pick.  The 2023 draft is supposed to be really good at the top. 

Trade bell.  Trade Finnegan. Trade Ross and Harris at the deadline if healthy.  Play the crap out of Thomas, Robles, Casey, kieboom, Garcia, Ruiz, and adams.  He’ll, get antuna, cavalli, and Henry up here.  Give them all experience so we know which of them we can count on going forward. 

Then we bank another top draft pick and we can sign a FA or two after 2022 (trea?) and go in for 2023

Online Natsinpwc

As long as we’re not in the middle.  I want playoffs or a top 5 draft pick.  The 2023 draft is supposed to be really good at the top. 

Trade bell.  Trade Finnegan. Trade Ross and Harris at the deadline if healthy.  Play the crap out of Thomas, Robles, Casey, kieboom, Garcia, Ruiz, and adams.  He’ll, get antuna, cavalli, and Henry up here.  Give them all experience so we know which of them we can count on going forward. 

Then we bank another top draft pick and we can sign a FA or two after 2022 (trea?) and go in for 2023
I would hang onto Bell and hope he does well and then flip him at the deadline.  Don't think you will get much for him now.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Cavalli maybe, but absolutely not on Antuna or Henry.  Those guys have never played above high-A.  If you want a guide for how to ruin prospects, bringing them straight up from high-A would be near the top of the list.

Offline hotshot

Cavalli maybe, but absolutely not on Antuna or Henry.  Those guys have never played above high-A.  If you want a guide for how to ruin prospects, bringing them straight up from high-A would be near the top of the list.
Of course, there was David Clyde's MLB debut straight out of high school with the Rangers. I also recall being at RFK for a Sunday game in 1971 against Boston when Pete Broberg, straight out of Dartmouth College, started for Washington. He pitched very well that day but ... not too often after that (40-71).

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace

I was more saying later half of 2022 when and if they’ve performed adequately at AA and we have ABs to give young guys

Offline UMDNats

atuna is dogcrap

he's closer to non-prospect than major leaguer

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
atuna is dogcrap

Baseball America has him above Lara, Henry, Rutledge, Carrillo, and Cruz in our system.  Look at his stats from June on this past year.  Factor in that he missed 2 years due to the no minor league season and injuries, and he looks promising to at least be a major league back up type guy

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Of course, there was David Clyde's MLB debut straight out of high school with the Rangers. I also recall being at RFK for a Sunday game in 1971 against Boston when Pete Broberg, straight out of Dartmouth College, started for Washington. He pitched very well that day but ... not too often after that (40-71).
Mike Morgan went to high school with a guy I knew in college. He might have had the best straight to the majors career of anyone from high school 8n the past 50 years.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Baseball America has him above Lara, Henry, Rutledge, Carrillo, and Cruz in our system.  Look at his stats from June on this past year.  Factor in that he missed 2 years due to the no minor league season and injuries, and he looks promising to at least be a major league back up type guy
well, the move to corner of sounds like a pretty desperate salvage job. The bat has to come around now that he's virtually free of defensive duties

Online Natsinpwc

atuna is dogcrap

People are confusing him with acuna.

Offline hotshot

Mike Morgan went to high school with a guy I knew in college. He might have had the best straight to the majors career of anyone from high school 8n the past 50 years.
Yeah, Morgan was the best. Lew Krausse, Jr came right to the KC A's from high school in 1961 and threw a complete game shutout in his first start in the majors. That was easily the best first outing. Hung around for 12 years.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Mlbtr article about andrew Vaughn in Chicago

Bell for kimbrel and Vaughn?

Online imref

Mlbtr article about andrew Vaughn in Chicago

Bell for kimbrel and Vaughn?

can we get Vince Vaughn too?