Author Topic: 2021-2022 Offseason Discussion/Signings/Trades/Rumors  (Read 38441 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Nats need to put a claim in on Clint Frazier. If he's healthy and recovered from vertigo you've got a cost controlled slugger from the right side that could fill LF for years to come. If he's not healthy, you cut him loose. A no lose proportion.
does every al team get a shot at him before the nl now or did they change the rule and use a combined list for waivers?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
does every al team get a shot at him before the nl now or did they change the rule and use a combined list for waivers?
the Google and wiki say AL gets priority. But yes, must be claimed. Even offer an guy off the 40 man to the nyy in trade rather than sitting back.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace

He was DFAed so they have 48 hours to trade him before putting him on waivers.  I bet he gets traded to someone for cash considerations

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
the Google and wiki say AL gets priority. But yes, must be claimed. Even offer an guy off the 40 man to the nyy in trade rather than sitting back.
Trade for him and Wade

Offline hotshot

Only teams that could trade for Soto would be Mariners, Padres, dodgers, or Yankees

Mariners: Julio Rodriguez/Kirby/Hancock/ty France gets it STARTED
Padres: Cronenworth/Abrams/Gore/Campusano gets it STARTED
Dodgers:  Cartaya/pepiot/Busch/Miller/bellinger as a bounce back
Yankees: Volpe/Dominguez/Gil/Pereira gets it STARTED
Even discounting what we had to give up in trades, and our success in signing our top of the draft picks, our scouting prowess/results seems very unexceptional, to say the least. Surprising, since that was/is supposedly Rizzo's forte.

Online Slateman

Trade for him and Wade
Frazier and Wade for Barrera or Pineda

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Frazier and Wade for Barrera or Pineda
thinking the nyy released wade and Frazier to make room on the 40 man, so Barrera would be of no interest. As for Pineda, he's rule 5 eligible and would need to be rostered.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Brian Goodwin would be a good get to bat against rightys and give Thomas and Robles time off against said rightys.  Even with his bad year last year, he had an ops of 800 vs them

Offline UMDNats

Brian Goodwin would be a good get to bat against rightys and give Thomas and Robles time off against said rightys.  Even with his bad year last year, he had an ops of 800 vs them

he has beef with our org

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I'll guess Yadi serves that function, or perhaps Stevenson. 

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
I get a lot of you think we should be purely rebuilding with one year deals this year, but how did we or anyone else not beat the giants resigning desclafani for 3 years at $12 million a year?  That seems like a bargain

Online Slateman

I get a lot of you think we should be purely rebuilding with one year deals this year, but how did we or anyone else not beat the giants resigning desclafani for 3 years at $12 million a year?  That seems like a bargain
Because they're in win now mode. And he's a 32 year old, soft tossing righty with a career FIP over 4. And he probably gave them a bit of discount

Now, Alex Wood on a two year deal, thats a different story

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
that's a lot higher than mlbtr/fg estimates for what he'd sign for

Online Slateman

Honestly, I think the Giants are trying to lay the ground work for Posey to unretire and be a part time catcher and most time DH

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Honestly, I think the Giants are trying to lay the ground work for Posey to unretire and be a part time catcher and most time DH

they are reportedly close to resigning Wood too.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Sf is basically in Nats 2020 mode bringing back the old crew that had a great year. Except no World Series

:lol:

:lmao:

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
If Posey was on the fence about retiring he would've waited a few months.  He's toast...
...just speculation on my part -- What were the odds that four old timers (Posey, Belt, Crawford, Longoria) would suddenly all come alive in one season a la Night of the Living Dead?  PEDs.   Look for the other three to turn into pumpkins in 2022.

Online Slateman

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/yankees-release-clint-frazier-rougned-odor-trade-tyler-wade-to-angels-in-roster-shakeup/

Frazier released.

Im assuming at this point his neurological condition is pretty serious. Still, would take a shot. We could get him examined at Hopkins and let Thomas and Robles play LF and CF to start the season, with Frazier rehabing

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/yankees-release-clint-frazier-rougned-odor-trade-tyler-wade-to-angels-in-roster-shakeup/

Frazier released.

Im assuming at this point his neurological condition is pretty
 serious. Still, would take a shot. We could get him examined at Hopkins and let Thomas and Robles play LF and CF to start the season, with Frazier rehabing

Early report.  He’s still on release waivers so teams can claim him.  Someone really wanted to break it I guess

Online Slateman

With Graveman signing with the White Sox, I would think they would be pretty desperate to unload Kimbrel and would be willing to include a prospect to do it.

Offline Natsinpwc

With Graveman signing with the White Sox, I would think they would be pretty desperate to unload Kimbrel and would be willing to include a prospect to do it.
When is his contract up?  Another guy to flip at the deadline. 

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace

They exercised his club option for next year.  They wouldn’t exercise that just to give up a prospect to get rid of him.  Someone will give something up for him.  Probably a dumb team like the Mets

Online Slateman

When is his contract up?  Another guy to flip at the deadline. 
End of next season

Offline Natsinpwc

End of next season
Perfect. Make the trade and he will be well rested at the deadline pitching for the Nats.

Offline Count Walewski

Rumor in Chicago is that the Phillies may be willing to take on Kimbrel.