Author Topic: 2021-2022 Offseason Discussion/Signings/Trades/Rumors  (Read 38523 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
How do Henley, Knorr, and Long get the boot, but Hickey stays?

Online Natsinpwc

Compromising pictures?

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace

Because with his dismal performance this year no other team wanted him and he probably took a LAC deal.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline hotshot

https://mobile.twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1448299699828498443

White Sox already bailing in Kimbrel
Kimbrel and Papelbon -- stats may have told a different story but I cringed when we obtained Papelbon and I woulda felt the same this season about Kimbrel if I were a Sox fan.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Kimbrel and Papelbon -- stats may have told a different story but I cringed when we obtained Papelbon and I woulda felt the same this season about Kimbrel if I were a Sox fan.

Kimbrel was dominant with the Cubs but posted a 5+ ERA on the South Side. I looked at his BABIP and it went from .203 to .295. Looking at his last few years, the hot start for the Cubs might be the outlier, I'd take a hard pass unless the White Sox eat a ton of salary.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Kimbrel was dominant with the Cubs but posted a 5+ ERA on the South Side. I looked at his BABIP and it went from .203 to .295. Looking at his last few years, the hot start for the Cubs might be the outlier, I'd take a hard pass unless the White Sox eat a ton of salary.
Agreed-16 million is ridiculous for him at this point.

Online imref

Sean Nolin elects FA after being outrighted to AAA. Alberto Baldonado and Steven Fuentes are also sent to AAA.

Offline Dave in Fairfax

Sean Nolin elects FA after being outrighted to AAA. Alberto Baldonado and Steven Fuentes are also sent to AAA.
Some more detail on Nolin, Baldonado and Fuentes:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/10/nationals-outright-three-players.html

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace

That being said he at numerous points has been an elite trivet I’ve the lad t10 years and if we could get him on the cheap he could be a great guy to flip at the deadline given the premium teams pay for elite bullpen arms midseason

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Some more detail on Nolin, Baldonado and Fuentes:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/10/nationals-outright-three-players.html
the article mentions needing 40 man roster space to activate Kyle McGowin along Stras and Harris.  I like McGowin but there was speculation on him being released.  I thought there might be a chance they would keep Nollin because he's a lefty and could play in long / middle relief or swing to start.  The McGowin / Nollin decision I don't think will lead to much angst.

Online imref

Via Federal Baseball: https://www.federalbaseball.com/2021/10/14/22725687/philadelphia-phillies-introduce-now-former-washington-nationals-hitting-coach-kevin-long

“I had talked to [#Nats’ GM] Mike Rizzo and the #Nationals about a contract and we were just far apart on numbers, so we needed to, or I felt like it was best for me, to seek permission to talk to other teams.” - new #Phillies’ hitting coach Kevin Long:

Offline UMDNats

Mark thrilled to save $50k-75k by letting the best hitting coach in baseball walk. What an jerk.

Online imref

Adrian Sanchez elects free agency

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
he should to see what is out there.  If he took the assignment, I would imagine he'd be exposed in the rule 5 draft.  this way, if there's any interest, he gets to decide where he's going, and, more likely, if there's no interest, he can always come back to Rochester.  His status on the roster as a potential mid-season injury replacement really doesn't change. I think his case is different from Nollin.  Nollin is a LHP, so someone may give him a shot (more likely, minor league contract with a non-roster invite to MLB spring camp and an opt out).

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace

Oh no

Online imref

Darnell Coles set to become the new hitting coach

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darnell_Coles

Offline UMDNats

yikes. lerners going cheap and having davey hire his friend. not a good look.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
yikes. lerners going cheap and having davey hire his friend. not a good look.

I’ll always give someone a chance.  Helix did go from good+ to otherworldly under him.  Then he left and yellich turned to crap.  Definitely not all coles’ work, but certainly doesn’t make him look bad

Offline blue911

I’ll always give someone a chance.  Helix did go from good+ to otherworldly under him.  Then he left and yellich turned to crap.  Definitely not all coles’ work, but certainly doesn’t make him look bad

He was with the Nats for years. Rizzo knows him and he’s cheap.

Online Natsinpwc

He was with the Nats for years. Rizzo knows him and he’s CHEAP.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
So we hire the hitting coach for the mighty D-Backs?...Tankathon for the 1st Pick, next season.... :hysterical:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
The Nats moneyball is going cheap as hell with coaching staff. Jettisoning our one top 3 assistant is insane given our chronic under-development and frequent MLB underachievement. It's such a small amount of money or commitment given their payroll.

It's been a while since I was this frustrated with the Nats.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Offline Five Banners

Jettisoning our one top 3 assistant is insane given our chronic under-development and frequent MLB underachievement. It's such a small amount of money or commitment given their payroll.

It's been a while since I was this frustrated with the Nats.

Without the bigger signings that involve Lerner Senior, welcome to the world of Lerner the Younger