Author Topic: 2021-2022 Offseason Discussion/Signings/Trades/Rumors  (Read 38484 times)

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
It's funny, but I have a problem getting into the mindset of management at this point.  I still am thinking about improvements in the short term.  I realize that isn't Rizzo's approach or the general approach of ownership.  It's why I get annoyed at not signing a Zach Greinke or a Tyler Anderson (or  Brett Anderson, for that matter) to fill out innings.  I can still have an axe to grind about not putting another long term piece in place this off-season (a SS or Bryant) because such a piece would help down the line and also give us perhaps 2 years of competitiveness during the Soto years of control, but I respect having the discipline to hold onto chips recently acquired and not taking from Garcia's, Robles's, or Kieboom's chances.  trading for 3 years of an average regular probably isn't worth anything.
I'm confused by the Nelson Cruz signing. Unless it was 100% to keep Juan Soto happy and to help keep him from setting a walk record.