Author Topic: 2021-2022 Offseason Discussion/Signings/Trades/Rumors  (Read 37758 times)

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
we got a middle of the order bat at catcher and a guy who looks a #3 starter, a backup catcher with pop, and a 4th outfielder as pieces that have already made the majors.  Some of the arms we received in trade also are pretty good and a few should pay off. 
Last deadline was a pure fire sale. I am very happy with how they approached it. I'm a bit concerned we're in Spring Training and I don't know what they want to do this year, but last deadline was a serious approach.

The farm system was so barren entering last year. They just didn't have the assets to even try if they wanted to make a run. Organization is in a bit of a better place now, but there aren't many assets left to deal and the only way the system advances is actual player development.

But if something weird happens and after 40 or 50 games the Nationals are over .500, last deadline puts the Nats in a lot better place asset and salary wise to make a move. Not a good place, but horrible to not bad is progress.