Author Topic: 2021-2022 Offseason Discussion/Signings/Trades/Rumors  (Read 37770 times)

Offline UMDNats

that's what I mean by the Whitlock comparison.  Basically, a guy who was coming off arm injuries and had not established himself on the major league roster.  Whitlock was well regarded but not like prime Honeywell, and Honeywell at least pitched a whole year in AAA this year.  I saw they tried Honeywell closing in Durham.  K rate down, BB rate up a bit from career best, but he has more of a track record as to what he is than Whitlock had coming into the offseason.  Given his arm history, I'd think the risk / reward is comparable to Whitlock. I'd love to roll the dice on this one.  I think De La Rosa + somebody off the gulf coast instructional league roster would get listened to for KK + Honeywell.  TBH, I'd rather a little more bat than KK, but I think this is an upgrade over even Robles in  CF.

Damn this is some good trade formulating here with you and Slate. I dig this and could 100% see us doing something like this. Low A-ball prospects like JDR are fine but having the chance to add a young pitcher + a veteran OF for next year's team is pretty good for both sides IMO.