Author Topic: 2021-2022 Offseason Discussion/Signings/Trades/Rumors  (Read 38934 times)

Online Natsinpwc

I understand the Nats can't fix everything in one off-season given the state of the farm system, but there were good deals to be made that could have either turned into long term options or be flipped at the deadline for a potential piece. Clint Frazier was literally a perfect fit.

Thing is about tanking in 2022, even a number one draft pick isn't going to be enough. Honestly, even with Bryant AND Taylor, this team might still compete for worst record. Thing is you turn it around a little bit faster if you sign those guys AND get a high draft pick.
A draft pick won’t arrive for a few years. It’s more a matter of seeing what the young guys have over the next couple of years and if they develop look for free agents after next season or later. Bryant seems to be trending in the wrong direction offensively. I’m not convinced Taylor will be as good in a lineup where he is one of the centerpiece guys. He got lots of good pitches to hit in LA due to their lineup. I don’t see why the team would want to sign either of these guys. I assume they will each get at least 4 years. Taylor is already 31.