Author Topic: 2021-2022 Offseason Discussion/Signings/Trades/Rumors  (Read 37779 times)

Offline Mattionals

I would have rather seen him fall flat on his butt in the playoffs, but I'd still think he's the fit.  There may be others like him out there who for some reason haven't gotten noticed or the playing time, but that type of multipositional defender with a good bat would be a big help for a team with several prospects it is hoping will take on roles but which prospect and which role is uncertainty. 

For example, is Luis Garcia a piece you can count on, and if so, where?  Lane Thomas / Robles more than a 4th OF?  Where does House end up playing, 3rd or SS, and when?  Who covers the non-House left side of the infield position, and when?  You can probably assume House has no impact for the next 2 years, so you need a shorter-term vet to cover the House position, probably.   

Harrison still makes sense for this team for a couple of years, but he can't cover SS.  IF Canha comes cheap, Harrison and Canha might be a better alternative, but Taylor covers all these positions.

I love the optimism, but IMO the biggest need is those who throw on the mound. I do like Harrison and Canha, and greedy me would take Taylor and Canha.