Author Topic: 2021-2022 Offseason Discussion/Signings/Trades/Rumors  (Read 39410 times)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Read the entire article. Preller, it says, has hired pals, and most of the organization has learned never to disagree. Preller likes yes-men, and has been criticized for hiring a rookie manager, Tingler, who could not hold the clubhouse together when pressure turned up. The team collapsed. Further, Preller traded away good prospects so that they had only one (or two?) left when they came to the Nats trying to deal for Max. Article says the Dodgers did not worry at the trade deadline, knowing that the Padres would not trade their only good prospect to rent Max, even though it was clear that they needed an ace just like Scherzer.

That's mainly what the article discusses. I concluded that I want Rizzo as the Nats GM, rather than Preller. The article might have mentioned Cameron, but that's not what I focused on. Maybe time I re-read it.

https://theathletic.com/2858560/2021/10/01/inside-the-padres-collapse-manager-gm-under-scrutiny-after-club-crumbles-down-the-stretch/