Author Topic: 2021-2022 Offseason Discussion/Signings/Trades/Rumors  (Read 38504 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
My question would be how many of the stinkers they've made were his input, too.  Right now the Padres have more money committed for 2022 than any other team, and that's on a roster that just finished 4 games below .500.

It's easy to blame Preller for being a slick-haired moron who lucked into Tatis via trade, but someone was responsible for Hosmer and Profar and for using the trade deadline this year to add at the one place they didn't need to add while not fixing the other issues. 

Same question for the bold - but risky - Machado and Tatis contracts.  Tatis will probably work out fine (Machado, maybe too), but that's still a lot of big decisions on which I'd be curious as to who was actually making the calls.

Grisham's offense is more than fine for a guy with his defense and salary.  But ditto the comment on the pitching.  Yes, injuries, but pitchers always get hurt and particularly so after the weirdness of 2020.
Cameron specifically wrote articles warning teams about signing high regression candidates like Hosmer when he was at FG.

And if you view the Machado contract as risky, then I would assume you are against signing Soto long term? Because the Machado contract has been a no-brainer slam dunk from a performance perspective.