Author Topic: 2021 MLB playoffs - Watch other teams play  (Read 15773 times)

Offline nfotiu

Re: 2021 MLB playoffs - Watch other teams play
« Reply #100: October 06, 2021, 09:31:16 AM »
I hate the one and done aspect. It’s not how baseball typically is. It’s a gimmick and contrivance. Make it a three game series. Which would still greatly incentivize winning the division.

I also hate the fact that if the Dodgers win, the Giants reward is playing a 106 win team. You could solve that by going back to rule that you can’t play a team from your division in LDS.
Or you could go to what I think would be awesome, letting the top seed pick their opponent in the LDS. Milwaukee had zero incentive to win down the stretch, knowing they were locked into playing the Braves.

The logistics of a 3 game playoff seem tough.   That's a lot of sitting around for the team waiting to play them, while the winner comes in in full playoff mode and I'm not sure it is much more reliable in picking a deserving winner.     I do think the Giants should get the choice of the wild card winner or the division team with the lowest record.   I think the second best div winner should be safe from being picked.