Author Topic: Does anyone remember the show “The Baseball Bunch”?  (Read 366 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I remember as a young kid I used to love this show and watched it every Saturday morning. It was hosted by a Johnny Bench and Tommy Lasorda. I went back and watched a couple of episodes and I’m amazed at the number of major leaguers they had and how good they were at teaching the fundamentals. I was too young to appreciate it at the time. Here’s one with Ted Williams. Because of this show Johnny Bench was my favorite player even after he retired for a long time.

Was a good trip down memory lane I wanted to share.

Online rileyn

Of course I remember the show!  Saturday lineup as a kid in the 80's was The Baseball Bunch with Johnny Bench, followed by This Week in Baseball with Mel Allen, and then the NBC Game of the Week with Joe Garagiola and Tony Kubek.  My selective recall feels like the game was always from a NL city with a cookie cutter, astro turf stadium, like St. Louis, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, or Pittsburgh.

Monday Night Baseball was great too - Keith Jackson and Al Michaels would do play by play.

Great memories!

Offline Natsinpwc

Of course I remember the show!  Saturday lineup as a kid in the 80's was The Baseball Bunch with Johnny Bench, followed by This Week in Baseball with Mel Allen, and then the NBC Game of the Week with Joe Garagiola and Tony Kubek.  My selective recall feels like the game was always from a NL city with a cookie cutter, astro turf stadium, like St. Louis, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, or Pittsburgh.

Monday Night Baseball was great too - Keith Jackson and Al Michaels would do play by play.

Great memories!
I recall the Saturday game always being the Yankees. LOL.