Author Topic: Lane Thomas Superstar.  (Read 1811 times)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Re: Lane Thomas Superstar.
« Reply #76: December 04, 2021, 12:46:21 PM »
Nice article.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/12/nationals-under-the-radar-deadline-pickup-off-to-strong-start-in-d-c.html

The Nationals are likely to take a step back in 2022...

Duh...

Martinez stepped in crap and came out smellin' like a rose.  2 games over .500 in 2018; would have had a nightmare of a season in 2019 if it weren't for an error in RF in the WC game and Howie bailin' his ass out big time in 2 other series; followed up with 2 more nightmare seasons.  Now he get's a free pass for 2022...

5 years...4 years of crap performance...and one season that was salvaged by 3 batted balls.  Talk about havin' a horeshoe up your ass...

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #77: December 04, 2021, 01:05:00 PM »
I am a bit of an optimist about the lineup. I think we have a decent shot at league average play in at least one of the non-Soto spots in the outfield. Maybe that's left field with Thomas/ Yadi, or cf if Thomas and Robles are in a survival of the fittest struggle. We should get good play out of catcher and first. That's kind of why I wanted one more lineup piece out of FA while we give Kieboom Garcia Robles just a bit more rope to hang themselves or pull their weight. I just don't see a signing blocking anything

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 2022
« Reply #78: December 04, 2021, 01:31:02 PM »
We had no issues scoring runs last year.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #79: December 04, 2021, 03:13:11 PM »
The Nationals are likely to take a step back in 2022...

Duh...

Martinez stepped in crap and came out smellin' like a rose.  2 games under .500 in 2018; would have had a nightmare of a season in 2019 if it weren't for an error in RF in the WC game and Howie bailin' his ass out big time in 2 other series; followed up with 2 more nightmare seasons.  Now he get's a free pass for 2022...

5 years...4 years of crap performance...and one season that was salvaged by 3 batted balls.  Talk about havin' a horeshoe up your ass...

4 years of poor and injured starting pitching. One year it wasnt.