Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Donovan Casey, OF  (Read 2501 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Follow the Prospects: Donovan Casey, OF
« Topic Start: August 30, 2021, 02:22:09 PM »
Casey, 25, first played for the Class AA Harrisburg Senators and had 17 hits, including three homers, a triple and two doubles, in 49 at-bats. In a limited sample, he shaved down the high strikeout rate he had with the Dodgers’ Class AA affiliate. He was quickly promoted and has been more than solid for the Class AAA Rochester Red Wings, even if his strikeouts have ticked back up a bit. The Nationals like that he could play all three outfield positions.

This year, teams will get only two additional spots for September, meaning space will be tight. Casey could get a test run in a crowded outfield picture, though he needs to leapfrog Andrew Stevenson and get a 40-man roster spot before he’s activated. Ford, who is already on the 40-man, is less likely to get a call in the coming weeks.

“A lot of that had to come from my approach and looking to drive the baseball,” Casey said when asked about his spike in power in 2021. "In college, I was more line drives, hit a groundball and move runners type of hitter. As I kind of developed and learned more about how the approach works, that’s all I do: early in counts, looking for your pitch.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/08/30/nationals-are-carrying-six-their-14-new-players-whos-next/