Author Topic: Completed deadline deals - 2021  (Read 4016 times)

Online zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Re: Completed deadline deals - 2021
« Reply #25: July 29, 2021, 05:35:13 PM »
LOL mlb.com has already updated our prospect list and put Riley adams #9

Offline YadiSTAR aka Smithian

• YadiCHISE
« Reply #26: July 29, 2021, 05:52:59 PM »
LOL mlb.com has already updated our prospect list and put Riley adams #9
Our best power prospect from day one

Offline English Natsie

• Have you spotted it yet?..
« Reply #27: July 29, 2021, 06:16:17 PM »
Hand waves goodbye... :roll:

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #28: July 29, 2021, 09:25:31 PM »
So long, Max and Trea. JimBo says it’s done:

Final deal Ruiz Gray Casey and Carrillo to Nats

Offline nfotiu

• Juan Soto aka Human Wildcat
Where did you see that?
Jesse Dougherty
@dougherty_jesse
·
6m
Can confirm that the full return is Keibert and Josiah Gray — LA's top two prosects — plus RHP Gerardo Carrillo and outfielder Donovan Casey.

• YadiCHISE
Their top two prospects plus two other pieces? Worst trade in MLB history?
Do not feed a troll

Offline welch

• 2019: Won the fight
Who plays 3B? And CF?

Offline Mattionals

Offline SkinsNatFan21RIP

Really bummed because of what Trea and Max meant to the team. I do hope this kick starts a strong rebuild but it’s certainly bittersweet.

Offline Count Walewski

Yeah I've been advocating a teardown and rebuild for a long time but it's bittersweet when it actually happens.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
1. Keibert Ruiz, C

Ruiz remains a plus hitter with elite-strike zone discipline and has grown into the power the Dodgers expected. He improved his swing path and pitch selection, got stronger and needed just 43 games between Triple-A and the majors to set a new career-high in home runs. Ruiz has improved his game-calling defensively and gets strong reviews for the rapport he has built with his pitchers. His receiving has been solid but he still struggles to control the run game.

1. Keibert Ruiz | C
Keibert Ruiz
Born: Jul 20, 1998
Bats: B Throws: R
Ht.: 6'0" Wt.: 225
Drafted/Signed: Venezuela 2014.
Signed By: Francisco Cartaya/Pedro Avila.
Minors: .311/.381/.631 | 16 HR | 0 SB | 206 AB
VIEW PLAYER CARD
Hitting: 60. Power: 45. Running: 30. Fielding: 55. Arm: 50.

TRACK RECORD: Ruiz trained at the academy run by former all-star shortstop Carlos Guillen in Venezuela as an amateur and signed with the Dodgers for $140,000 when he turned 16. He was known for his defense when he signed, but his offense quickly became his calling card. Ruiz hit .300 or better at each of his first four stops and zoomed up the minors to play a full season at Double-A at age 19 in 2018, when he ranked as the Texas League’s No. 3 prospect. He hit his first speed bump in 2019 when an organizational catching logjam forced him back to Double-A, and he struggled to stay motivated. He looked re-energized after a promotion to Triple-A, but suffered a season-ending injury when a foul tip fractured his right pinkie finger. Ruiz rode out the early days of the coronavirus pandemic in 2020 at the Dodgers’ complex in Arizona, where he improved his physique and worked extensively with Dodgers hitting coach Brant Brown. Ruiz contracted Covid-19 and arrived late to summer camp, but he recovered to make his major league debut on Aug. 16 and homered in his first at-bat.

SCOUTING REPORT: The switch-hitting Ruiz has a preternatural ability to put the bat on the ball. He has elite hand-eye coordination, can manipulate the barrel to cover all parts of the strike zone and rarely swings and misses. Those traits have long given Ruiz the potential to be a plus hitter, but his quality of contact was often lacking. The Dodgers made adjustments in 2020 to get him more upright in his stance and keep his hands closer to his body, and the result was a more direct path that helped him stay inside the ball and produce consistently harder contact. Ruiz is much stronger batting lefthanded and shows average power from that side. His righthanded swing is visually similar but lacks strength and largely produces weak contact. Ruiz is an aggressive hitter who is still learning to pick out pitches he can drive rather than swinging at the first pitch near the strike zone. Once he improves his pitch selection, he has a chance to hit .280 or higher with double-digit home runs. Ruiz is a potentially above-average receiver who blocks well and received positive reviews from the big leaguers who threw to him at the alternate training site. His game-planning and game-calling still have room to grow. Ruiz’s arm strength is fringy to average, which was an issue in the majors when opponents went 3-for-3 on stolen bases against him in just 17 innings.

THE FUTURE: With Will Smith entrenched at catcher, the best Ruiz can hope for is a timeshare with the Dodgers. His offensive abilities and improving defensive skills would make him the catcher of the future for many other teams.

Offline welch

• 2019: Won the fight
Kieboom says hello.

Ha! And we say, "Goodbye"

Offline Kevrock

4. Josiah Gray, RHP

Gray missed nearly two months with a right shoulder impingement but returned July 4. His stuff remains intact with a 93-97 mph fastball and an above-average slider that draws swings and misses. The Dodgers were conservative in bringing him back to make sure he was fully healed and don’t expect any lingering effects. He made his big league debut on July 20 and his first start July 25.

4. Josiah Gray | RHP
Josiah Gray
Born: Dec 21, 1997
Bats: R Throws: R
Ht.: 6'1" Wt.: 190
Drafted/Signed: Le Moyne (N.Y), 2018 (2nd round supplemental).
Signed By: Lee Seras (Reds).
Minors: 1-1 | 2.87 ERA | 22 SO | 2 BB | 16 IP
VIEW PLAYER CARD
Fastball: 60. Slider: 55. Changeup: 45. Control: 55.

TRACK RECORD: Gray began his career at Division II Le Moyne as a shortstop but converted to the mound and became one of the top pitchers in the 2018 draft. The Reds selected him 72nd overall and traded him to the Dodgers in the deal for Yasiel Puig and Matt Kemp. Gray jumped three levels to Double-A in 2019, his first season with the Dodgers, and was named the organization’s minor league pitcher of the year. He spent 2020 at the alternate training site.

SCOUTING REPORT: Gray is a power pitcher with a strong, athletic physique. He overpowers hitters with a plus fastball that sits 93-96 mph with running life and touches 97-98 in short bursts. Other pitchers throw harder, but Gray’s fastball gets more swings and misses with his life and ability to hold his velocity and command deep into games. Gray focused on his secondary pitches at the alternate site and increased the depth and horizontal movement of his mid-80s slider to cement it as an above-average, swing-and-miss pitch. His changeup added tail and drop but remains a fringe-average pitch that’s often too firm in the upper-80s. Gray pounds the strike zone with above-average control. He is highly intelligent and an elite competitor who thrives when the lights are brightest.

THE FUTURE: Gray has the stuff and intangibles of a mid-rotation starter. If his changeup improves, he could be more.

• YadiCHISE
We won a World Series.

The time has come to flip the page.

Today is the exact preview you want for the next chapter.

Hopes are high.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Hate to see Trea go but I think it's a good haul.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 2022
Dodgers taking on all owed money per Dougherty

Online UMDNats

Yeah this is a good haul for us. Quality over quantity. Two superstar potential players who are already major league ready is exactly what our system lacked

Offline tomwvr

A couple are borderline MLB already but I'll post and defer to your moderation.
Perhaps there are issues that people that play here see. The medical team seems to be lost. Look at what they miss diagnose all the time .

Players don’t want to be here who have been here already for a real reason

• YadiCHISE
« Reply #43: July 29, 2021, 09:49:52 PM »
Chelsea Janes reporting Dodgers picked up the Scherzer money  :shock:

If so, my gosh. Rizzo. Wow.

Offline NatsLSU

Carrillo is a little guy with a big arm. Definitely an intriguing prospect for sure.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #45: July 29, 2021, 09:51:57 PM »
What does that even mean though for Scherzer money?   I can't imagine they took all the deferred money?  Although money really probably doesn't matter much to a team with a 300 million/year tv deal

Offline catocony

« Reply #46: July 29, 2021, 09:54:32 PM »
What does that even mean though for Scherzer money?   I can't imagine they took all the deferred money?  Although money really probably doesn't matter much to a team with a 300 million/year tv deal
If the Dodgers picked up $120 million in deferred money and the $9 million for the last 2 months, then this deal is massively lopsided.  Could Trea Turner be in both of the two biggest fleecings that Rizzo has performed?

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #47: July 29, 2021, 09:55:18 PM »
I have to think that just means taking the little owed to Max for the rest of the year and Turner through the end of the year.  I don't think that is a big deal.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #48: July 29, 2021, 09:57:46 PM »
Chelsea Janes reporting Dodgers picked up the Scherzer money  :shock:

If so, my gosh. Rizzo. Wow.

No, that's not what she meant. Just this year's salary.

Offline catocony

« Reply #49: July 29, 2021, 09:58:35 PM »
I have to think that just means taking the little owed to Max for the rest of the year and Turner through the end of the year.  I don't think that is a big deal.
  That's still a good deal for the Nats, and expected on the deferred money.  With their TV deal the Dodgers can pretty much print money though, and the deferred money doesn't cost them a penny against the luxury tax the next 6 years.  Take on $120 million in lieu of sending a guy on the 26-man or another high prospect?  Sounds crazy, but the Dodgers might be that nuts to do it. It's all OPM (Other People's Money) anyways.