Author Topic: Safety at Nationals Park  (Read 2122 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Re: Safety at Nationals Park
« Reply #50: July 20, 2021, 11:08:09 AM »
If you don’t want to come to the Park, because of perceived risk, that’s your choice. But let’s stop with the “it’s just as bad as it was 20 years ago” and “it’s no longer safe for kids”. We get it. You moved to the suburbs to avoid any and all whiff of life in a city and if Nats Park isn’t exactly like an amusement park, you get anxious. That’s your right. But blanket statements that are for the most part not based in any fact aren’t particularly helpful.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #51: July 20, 2021, 11:18:08 AM »
If you don’t want to come to the Park, because of perceived risk, that’s your choice. But let’s stop with the “it’s just as bad as it was 20 years ago” and “it’s no longer safe for kids”. We get it. You moved to the suburbs to avoid any and all whiff of life in a city and if Nats Park isn’t exactly like an amusement park, you get anxious. That’s your right. But blanket statements that are for the most part not based in any fact aren’t particularly helpful.
Moved out to the burbs is such a stereotype.  Some of us have always lived there.

Offline Chelsea_Phil

« Reply #52: July 20, 2021, 11:21:17 AM »
How old are you, SpiderNat?  Were you around during the Joe Gibbs years (especially the first go round) at RFK?

I was, and so I am awaiting your response.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #53: July 20, 2021, 11:57:42 AM »

Orlando has a higher property crime rate than DC. :)

Online nfotiu

« Reply #54: July 20, 2021, 12:01:26 PM »
I don't trust that all those employees telling me to have a magical day won't eventually snap and start shooting people.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #55: July 20, 2021, 12:05:21 PM »
But not where we live.  ;)

Anyway Disney is not in Orlando is it?

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #56: July 20, 2021, 12:16:02 PM »
I think that one of the major issues that has not been addressed is that all of us viewed Nats Park as a sanctuary from all that divides us. It is a place of peace the minute you gaze upon the green landscape when you enter.

I was pissed Saturday night because my daughter was there with her husband. It was the first time in eons that she has been to the park since a Yankees series years ago. My reaction was one of anger that this happened in my city and placing my daughter in harms way.

I am a city dweller and lived in SW when it was the first urban re-development in the country in the late '60's. I did attend Redskin games at RFK then also. And yes I got jumped in the parking lot at RFK but was not injured, like the guy who got knifed , presumbly by the same gang of punks that jumped me.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57: July 20, 2021, 12:18:00 PM »
How old are you, SpiderNat?  Were you around during the Joe Gibbs years (especially the first go round) at RFK?

I was, and so I am awaiting your response.

I was not here, but I can tell you for certain, there is no objective measure that will demonstrate that SE DC in the 80s is safer than SE DC now. Or even 15 years ago. The statement is patently absurd, your feelings notwithstanding.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #58: July 20, 2021, 12:53:10 PM »
I don't trust that all those employees telling me to have a magical day won't eventually snap and start shooting people.

As an aside, there was one of those Times Square-style Mickey Mouse costumed guys walking half street after the game on Sunday.

Offline Chelsea_Phil

« Reply #59: July 20, 2021, 01:12:59 PM »
Bluestreak, a clear objective measure is crime rate then and now for those two areas.  Duh...

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60: July 20, 2021, 02:37:48 PM »
Bluestreak, a clear objective measure is crime rate then and now for those two areas.  Duh...

Yeah. You actually think the violent crime rate around RFK in the 80s was better than the crime rate around Nats Park now?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #61: July 20, 2021, 02:48:30 PM »
Speaking of then/now, one of the crack runners in my neighbourhood is an old lady on an electric rascal.  Old head like her must've gotten started on Uncle Rayful rock back in the day.   

Offline Chelsea_Phil

« Reply #62: July 20, 2021, 03:32:23 PM »
Yeah. You actually think the violent crime rate around RFK in the 80s was better than the crime rate around Nats Park now?

(Image removed from quote.)

I don’t know, but all I was saying that your inane statement that there is no objective measure is pure Bullcrape.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #63: July 20, 2021, 03:37:35 PM »
Seems like the topic has run its course for now.  If someone wants it moved or split for further discussion in the out-of-sight-out-of-Chief's-mind zone just shoot me a PM.