Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Brady House, SS  (Read 14163 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: Follow the Prospects: Brady House, SS
« Reply #175: February 27, 2023, 12:19:07 PM »
All kidding aside, that's a really exciting sign.
And survived that long bus ride with that bad back.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #176: February 27, 2023, 12:41:29 PM »
I don't understand the negativity. He missed like half a season.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #177: February 27, 2023, 12:51:27 PM »
I don't understand the negativity. He missed like half a season.

It's just that he's awful young to be having potentially major back problems.  Hopefully it's a one-off, but back issues tend to flare back up.  If the back holds up, then he could be very good.  His numbers pre-injury list were phenomenal for his age and experience.  After coming back though, the back injury sucked ALL his power and hitting ability.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #178: February 27, 2023, 01:38:41 PM »

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — In the Washington Nationals’ 6-3 loss to the Mets on Sunday, Brady House hustled out to the infield as a defensive replacement for Michael Chavis in the sixth inning. He stopped at the infield grass near shortstop, took one warm-up throw, then walked toward his new home on the field as if he suddenly realized he was in the wrong spot.

As expected, House — drafted as a high school shortstop in 2021 — has officially been moved to third base. House said last year that he wanted to stick at shortstop but because of his build — he’s listed at 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds already — the Nationals envisioned him playing at the hot corner. House said Sunday morning that he hasn’t played third base consistently in 10 years.

“The biggest adjustment for me has just been knowing that I have time,” House said. “At shortstop, obviously, (you can) work through the ball and all that stuff. At third base, it’s more of like … the ball tends to get on you quicker. So just figuring that out and working on that.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/02/27/brady-house-third-base-spring-training/

Offline DCsOwn

• Another New Hope
« Reply #179: February 27, 2023, 02:46:24 PM »
“House was back to full health by the fall, he insists. He participated in the Nationals’ fall instructional league, enjoyed a normal offseason and reported at the start of this month for the early minor league camp the organization has held for its top prospects.”

https://www.masnsports.com/nationals-rss/healthy-house-ready-to-make-up-for-lost-time

The entire article is exactly what you want to read:

“…I’ve used this offseason to really mentally and physically prepare myself for this season,” House said. “I’m feeling better than ever this year and ready to show it.”

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #180: February 27, 2023, 04:27:53 PM »
Cal Ripken and I think other guys who made the SS to 3B switch have said that 3B beats you up more physically because there is more diving routinely.  I suppose they would not have made the switch to 3B rather 2nd if they thought he could not take the punishment.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #181: February 27, 2023, 06:15:34 PM »
Cal Ripken and I think other guys who made the SS to 3B switch have said that 3B beats you up more physically because there is more diving routinely.  I suppose they would not have made the switch to 3B rather 2nd if they thought he could not take the punishment.
If his bat develops and he has injury issues from 3B, the corner OF and DH is always there. His bat ceiling plays there.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #184: April 08, 2023, 12:11:33 PM »
https://twitter.com/joeylomonaco/status/1644507824444014595?s=46&t=Q_qc3R_qyMHAAFvlywNqzQ

Video evidence:

https://twitter.com/natsfarm/status/1644671859588300800?s=46&t=Q_qc3R_qyMHAAFvlywNqzQ
I think there's a few guys in this system who were prematurely written off by some or most.  The back for a kid his age is concerning, but there's no question he can mash when he's on the field. I think Henry and Rutledge would be others. To me, the potential for these written down assets to be productive gives the system additional upside should some of the other high potential guys not reach their peak projections.

Offline DCsOwn

• Another New Hope
« Reply #185: April 08, 2023, 12:25:08 PM »
I think there's a few guys in this system who were prematurely written off by some or most.  The back for a kid his age is concerning, but there's no question he can mash when he's on the field. I think Henry and Rutledge would be others. To me, the potential for these written down assets to be productive gives the system additional upside should some of the other high potential guys not reach their peak projections.

Agreed. It’s a different sport obviously but let’s not forget that Rob Gronkowski essentially missed a season in college after having back surgery and then went on to have a HoF career in the NFL. A single back issue doesn’t have to be the death knell in a career for a player that young and I’m really happy to see Brady back producing and looking fully healthy. He’s another really high level physical talent in the system.

Offline DCsOwn

• Another New Hope
« Reply #188: April 08, 2023, 12:36:46 PM »
Looks like easy power

Yep yep. Looks exactly like what you’d expect to see from a prospect that scouts had pegged as a guy with the ceiling of 35+ hr power at 3rd in his prime. Ball jumped off his bat.

Offline welch

« Reply #189: April 08, 2023, 12:43:43 PM »
I saw it. The sort of power the Big Nats don't have. Those times this season when the Nats have two runners on and you think, "If this guy could hit a homer". That was House last night.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #191: April 12, 2023, 05:47:04 PM »
This was a nice piece of hitting down 0-2 in the count and the Golden Sombrero looming.

https://www.milb.com/video/brady-house-s-solo-homer

Offline welch

« Reply #192: April 12, 2023, 06:01:06 PM »
The kid has power. 3B is waiting.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #193: April 12, 2023, 08:12:52 PM »
Two walks tonight in two at bats.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #194: April 14, 2023, 10:15:01 PM »
1 for 2 and 2 walks. OPS up to 1.183. I know Green and Wood are getting the attention but he may just be the best of the bunch. Hope he can stay healthy.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

« Reply #196: April 20, 2023, 09:36:16 PM »
House with another big dong.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #197: April 20, 2023, 09:56:30 PM »
420’!!!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #198: April 20, 2023, 10:31:17 PM »

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #199: April 21, 2023, 10:01:26 AM »
Yea baby. 420 time.
guessing it was a high. 420 and high is better for his long-term prospects than a line. Stay away from that. Just ask Darryl Strawberry.