Author Topic: Bauer accused of assault  (Read 2661 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Bauer accused of assault
« Reply #75: April 29, 2022, 03:49:32 PM »
Bauer suspended 324 games by MLB.
2 more seasons or is that credit for time served?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #76: April 29, 2022, 03:53:26 PM »
2 more seasons. Honestly I think he got screwed by MLB and the PA and is getting a harsh punishment because he's an unlikeable dude.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #77: April 29, 2022, 03:56:39 PM »
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #78: April 29, 2022, 04:02:19 PM »
2 more seasons. Honestly I think he got screwed by MLB and the PA and is getting a harsh punishment because he's an unlikeable dude.
I'd say they are being rough on him while they screw him, but that's been done before ...

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #79: April 29, 2022, 04:07:45 PM »
 :spit:
I'd say they are being rough on him while they screw him, but that's been done before ...

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #80: April 29, 2022, 04:21:15 PM »
Lol, get caught on camera, 20 games

Accuser admits consent and judge tosses case because accuser lied? 2 years.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #81: April 29, 2022, 04:25:11 PM »

Right. I really think MLB decided to be really harsh on him because he's a vocal jerk and the PA doesn't care to make noise about it.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82: April 29, 2022, 04:43:45 PM »

If this isn’t a life lesson in “don’t be an insufferable jerk,” I don’t know what is.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #83: April 29, 2022, 05:34:54 PM »
:spit:
That was funny.

I don’t think she ever admitted falsely accusing Bauer. She did apparently go back a second time after alleging abuse in the first encounter and that is probably the major reason he was not indicted. I also assume MLB interviewed her.  Puts the Union in an interesting position of whether they will appeal to lower the penalty.

Offline blue911

« Reply #84: April 29, 2022, 05:37:47 PM »
That was funny.

I don’t think she ever admitted falsely accusing Bauer. She did apparently go back a second time after alleging abuse in the first encounter and that is probably the major reason he was not indicted. I also assume MLB interviewed her.  Puts the Union in an interesting position of whether they will appeal to lower the penalty.

If they don’t fight it, they should be decertified.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85: April 29, 2022, 05:40:51 PM »

They will definitely fight it. The question is with how much vigor.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #86: April 29, 2022, 05:45:26 PM »
They will definitely fight it. The question is with how much vigor.
The safe word is “dodgerblue”. 

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #87: April 29, 2022, 05:46:33 PM »

They'll put up the token appeal but give Bauer their chief negotiator as his counsel, so he somehow gets a third year tacked on.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #88: April 29, 2022, 07:12:45 PM »

Less likely to be punishment for Bauer's being an unlikeable jerk, and more likely punishment for an accumulation of psychopathic attacks:

As MLB suspends Trevor Bauer, a new accuser speaks out

By Gus Garcia-Roberts
Today at 6:35 p.m. EDT|Updated today at 6:43 p.m. EDT

The first time Trevor Bauer choked her unconscious without her consent, in 2013, a woman in Columbus, Ohio, said, all she remembered afterward was waking up on the floor of his bathroom.

Months later, she said, she was having sex with Bauer, then a minor league pitcher for Cleveland’s Major League Baseball franchise, when she again passed out with his hands around her neck. She said she awoke to a frantic Bauer explaining that she had been convulsing on their hotel room bed.

As their years-long sexual relationship continued, the woman said, they agreed he would stop choking her before she passed out. But he frequently ignored her warnings, she said. He also slapped her without her consent and anally penetrated her while she was unconscious, she said.

In interviews with The Washington Post, the Columbus woman said she decided to share her story after Bauer denied similar allegations made by two other women and accused them of lying for potential financial gain. The Columbus woman asked not to be named, and The Post does not typically name alleged victims of domestic violence unless they ask to be identified.

The Columbus woman shared photos and screenshots of text messages documenting that she had a relationship with Bauer. One screenshot shows a text message bearing Bauer’s name in which he allegedly wrote, “I want to f--- you while you’re completely unconscious.”

MLB suspended Bauer for two years on Friday, the longest suspension in the history of the league’s domestic abuse and sexual assault policy. Bauer immediately proclaimed his innocence and vowed to appeal. MLB cited an “extensive investigation” but did not disclose its findings because of the policy’s terms of confidentiality, and said “it will not issue any further statements.”

The Columbus woman and her lawyer, Joe Tacopina, said she shared her allegations with the league. She said she is willing to testify in the arbitration hearing that would result from Bauer appealing. MLB declined to comment for this story.

The Post also reported last summer that a different woman in Ohio sought a restraining order against Bauer in 2020, during his Cy Young Award-winning season with the Cincinnati Reds. That woman also accused Bauer of choking and striking her without her consent during sex and sending her threatening messages. She cooperated with MLB investigators, too, her lawyer said.

Read it all here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/04/29/trevor-bauer-abuse-accusations/

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #89: May 02, 2022, 01:16:45 PM »
Less likely to be punishment for Bauer's being an unlikeable jerk, and more likely punishment for an accumulation of psychopathic attacks:

Not really much different.  In order to be an "unlikeable jerk" by MLB standards, you pretty much have to be a half-crazed psychopath.

This is pretty much like how Martin Shkreli managed to be enough of a dickhead in the pharma business that even a New York jury convicted him of being a big enough jerk to be worth sending to federal prison.

Offline machpost

« Reply #90: May 02, 2022, 02:16:42 PM »
If Bauer wants to penetrate unconscious women, maybe he should befriend an employee at the local morgue and stop nearly choking the life out of living women who only halfway consent to it.

Online nfotiu

« Reply #91: May 02, 2022, 02:31:13 PM »
That all seems awfully extreme.  He's lucky he hasn't killed anyone yet.

Offline machpost

« Reply #92: May 02, 2022, 02:56:55 PM »
That all seems awfully extreme.  He's lucky he hasn't killed anyone yet.
That we know of. Seems like the only good thing about this guy is his pitching abilities. I'm not sure he has a single friend.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #93: May 02, 2022, 03:07:57 PM »
That we know of. Seems like the only good thing about this guy is his pitching abilities. I'm not sure he has a single friend.
I bet he is having a hard time finding someone to “date” right about now.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94: May 02, 2022, 03:42:57 PM »
So this extra woman would likely not have come forward if he had just shut up and let the process play out. Instead he vociferously denies the allegations and disparages his accusers which pisses off another victim enough to no longer stay silent. 

Dude is never going to play again basically because he’s an enormous jerk.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #95: May 02, 2022, 04:09:54 PM »
I bet he is having a hard time finding someone to “date” right about now.

with his money? doubtful

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #96: May 02, 2022, 04:14:53 PM »
Sterling bona fides for elected office in a couple of states.  More than a couple.   

Online nfotiu

« Reply #97: May 02, 2022, 04:18:25 PM »
with his money? doubtful
I wonder how much money he has left.   He was suddenly cut off from his big 100 million contract and is probably spending a lot on lawyers, etc.   He seems like a guy we'll hear going bankrupt in a year or two.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #98: May 02, 2022, 04:22:24 PM »
I wonder how much money he has left.   He was suddenly cut off from his big 100 million contract and is probably spending a lot on lawyers, etc.   He seems like a guy we'll hear going bankrupt in a year or two.

he got paid while on administrative leave AFAIK and had two years of 13mm+ in salary, plus a mill a year or more on average. he probably had 50-60 million in earnings at least, take half for taxes and you're at 30 million career earnings, people with a lot less money and a lot more problems have no problem finding dates. he's a 30-something-year old with millions in the bank, maybe enough to retire, and the only supposed "baggage" is something many would hand-wave away for a chance at a luxury life. especially if he sticks around LA where, uh, all those awful movie producers are...married!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #99: May 02, 2022, 04:31:26 PM »
with his money? doubtful
Don’t be so sure of that. No one wants to be strangled to death during sex. Maybe close to it but not actually.