Author Topic: Bauer accused of assault  (Read 2641 times)

Offline Mattionals

Re: Bauer accused of assault
« Reply #50: August 20, 2021, 02:00:50 PM »
What I meant about the Schilling comparison is how he is generally disliked, and maybe I underestimated but Bauer sounds to be even more disliked than Schilling.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #51: August 20, 2021, 02:09:55 PM »
What I meant about the Schilling comparison is how he is generally disliked, and maybe I underestimated but Bauer sounds to be even more disliked than Schilling.

sexual predators and rapists tend to not be well liked

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #52: August 20, 2021, 02:27:58 PM »
Plenty of people still disliked Bauer before these allegations were made (and again, he admits he did all this stuff, just says it was consensual). I've always seen him as an attention seeking prima donna, he's posted sexist stuff to Twitter for years, and he's constantly accusing other players on Twitter of cheating - though some of those allegations turned out to be true.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #53: August 20, 2021, 03:13:14 PM »
Plenty of people still disliked Bauer before these allegations were made (and again, he admits he did all this stuff, just says it was consensual). I've always seen him as an attention seeking prima donna, he's posted sexist stuff to Twitter for years, and he's constantly accusing other players on Twitter of cheating - though some of those allegations turned out to be true.

He also cheats though, and was part of the sticky stuff brigade. Yea, somehow I missed how much he is disliked.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54: August 26, 2021, 09:36:31 AM »
This incident is very much on brand for Bauer.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #56: August 28, 2021, 01:09:10 PM »
Latest

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/08/27/mlb-extends-trevor-bauer-leave/
If the DA indicts him it’s an easy decision to suspend him rest of the season.  If no indictment wonder what happens. Is he on a one year contract?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57: August 28, 2021, 01:35:30 PM »
If the DA indicts him it’s an easy decision to suspend him rest of the season.  If no indictment wonder what happens. Is he on a one year contract?

One year contract. One year player option.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #58: August 28, 2021, 01:42:44 PM »
One year contract. One year player option.
Thanks. I am sure their is a way for the Dodgers to void the player option with an indictment. His terrible behavior without an indictment?

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #59: August 28, 2021, 01:53:59 PM »
I’d assume he exercises the option. I doubt many owners would want the headache of signing him right now

Offline Natsinpwc

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #61: September 01, 2021, 03:06:36 PM »
Nice summary of the situation and what might happen.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32119416/will-trevor-bauer-ever-pitch-again-next-los-angeles-dodgers-mlb

The end of the article basically tells the whole story. It's unlikely Bauer ever pitches again. It could happen, but it's unlikely.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #62: February 08, 2022, 05:29:18 PM »
No criminal charges

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #63: February 08, 2022, 06:50:48 PM »
Interesting. Wild think they would need to let him play this year.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #64: February 08, 2022, 06:53:00 PM »

“MLB’s investigation is ongoing and we will comment further at the appropriate time.“

They can still impose disciplinary measures.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #65: February 08, 2022, 07:28:46 PM »
I cant imagine that he would recieve a longer suspension for 80 games. If he did, the MLBPA would file grievance pretty quick.

Bigger question is do the Dodgers keep him. They have no pitching beyond Buehler and Urias. They actually need him if they want to compete.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #66: February 08, 2022, 08:00:16 PM »
I cant imagine that he would recieve a longer suspension for 80 games. If he did, the MLBPA would file grievance pretty quick.

Bigger question is do the Dodgers keep him. They have no pitching beyond Buehler and Urias. They actually need him if they want to compete.
I thought he had a player option so that had to keep him if eligible to play?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #67: February 08, 2022, 08:07:11 PM »
I thought he had a player option so that had to keep him if eligible to play?
I mean they can DFA him. Or trade him.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #68: February 08, 2022, 08:19:55 PM »
I'm guessing mlb and the Dodger both were hoping he'd be charged.   This makes it a lot more complicated.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #69: February 08, 2022, 08:21:13 PM »
I'm guessing mlb and the Dodger both were hoping he'd be charged.   This makes it a lot more complicated.
Having Bauer pitch this year should help heal any wounds from missed games.   :hysterical:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #70: February 09, 2022, 09:29:09 AM »
They can still impose disciplinary measures.
I take it he doesn't mind discipline when he dishes it out, but here he'd need to take it.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #71: February 09, 2022, 10:29:32 AM »
I take it he doesn't mind discipline when he dishes it out, but here he'd need to take it.
It will be time served. The MLBPA would immediately file a grievance for a suspension longer than 80 games, particularly without a criminal charge. Bauer will have to pay some money, but he will be available to play for the 2022 Opening Day (whenever that is).

Now we find out how committed the Dodgers are to not having him. Their rotation is crap right now. Theres garbage left in free agency to backfill it. May is the only MLB ready prospect and he wont join the team until mid-season. Dodgers need him. Badly.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #72: February 09, 2022, 11:30:07 AM »
If the Dodgers cut him, the bigger thing to me will be whether or not there's a team that would want to take on that PR right now. It might be a couple years before he finds a team willing to sign him.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #73: February 09, 2022, 11:36:45 AM »
If the Dodgers cut him, the bigger thing to me will be whether or not there's a team that would want to take on that PR right now. It might be a couple years before he finds a team willing to sign him.
Angels will absolutely pounce on him.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74: April 29, 2022, 03:32:25 PM »
Bauer suspended 324 games by MLB.