Author Topic: Bauer accused of assault  (Read 2666 times)

Offline nfotiu

Re: Bauer accused of assault
« Reply #25: July 02, 2021, 03:44:50 PM »
Hey, guess who's not pitching Sunday.  7 day admin leave. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/trevor-bauer-put-on-administrative-leave
That seems like an appropriate move at this point.

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #26: July 02, 2021, 04:03:51 PM »
Here is the story from USAS Today:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2021/07/02/trevor-bauer-dodgers-investigation-assault-mlb/7843569002/

“If he weren’t Trevor Bauer, he’d be arrested already,’’ said Matthew Galluzzo, a former New York prosecutor who worked in sex crimes unit of the Manhattan District Attorney’s office.

Galluzzo, now a criminal defense attorney who represents victims of sex crimes, cited graphic photos that Bauer’s accuser said show injuries Bauer inflicted on her amount to “probable cause." The woman included the photos in her request for a temporary restraining order, which was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.

“What’s striking to me is photos of her in that complaint with black eyes, and she says that (Bauer) hit her,’’ Galluzzo said. “I’m not sure why this is so complicated for the police. Normally speaking, if a woman has black eyes and says somebody hit her, there’s going to be an arrest.

“You wouldn’t normally expect there to be a long delay in making an arrest with these facts, honestly. To me it seems like he’s getting special treatment.’’

Offline hohoho

« Reply #27: July 02, 2021, 07:00:20 PM »
That’s cause he didn’t have rough sex with them.
Rough sex is euphemistic for what this Cosby-like sadistic sociopath apparently did.

Offline hohoho

« Reply #28: July 02, 2021, 07:20:03 PM »
It is juvenile to hijack a thread like this to do a victory lap over a free agency debate.
Big crime: “Hijacking” a thread.

Online welch

« Reply #29: July 10, 2021, 09:31:15 AM »
Bauer's "leave" extended.

Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer will spend at least one more week on administrative leave amid investigations by the Pasadena (Calif.) Police Department and Major League Baseball into allegations of sexual violence.

Bauer's lawyers don't know the difference between "refute" and "deny". Fits.

Bauer’s agents, John Fetterolf and Rachel Luba, said Thursday they “continue to refute [the woman’s] allegations in the strongest possible terms.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/07/08/trevor-bauer-paid-leave-extended/

Offline hohoho

« Reply #30: July 15, 2021, 09:19:10 PM »
Bauer’s 3 rules of dating per a 2019 interview:
No feelings.
No social media.
Sleep with others.

Online welch

« Reply #31: July 25, 2021, 09:27:24 AM »

His messages to her were included in her application for a restraining order, including one in which she detailed injuries to her face and jaw and he allegedly wrote: “I feel so bad that this happened.”

Not "I feel so bad that I did this".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/07/23/trevor-bauer-hearing-restraining-order/

Offline hohoho

« Reply #33: July 26, 2021, 01:02:22 PM »
Per the LA Times and MLB Trade Rumors website:
“A majority of players do not want [Trevor] Bauer back under any circumstances,” writes Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times, who cites “two people with knowledge of Dodgers clubhouse dynamics... DiGiovanna describes Bauer as a pariah in his own clubhouse.” 

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #35: August 14, 2021, 03:57:47 PM »
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32021389/trevor-bauer-received-second-protective-order-2020-dodgers-pitcher-denies-report-allegations

According to sealed court records and other documentation obtained by the Post...

Perhaps for our WNFF Attorneys or Journalists...exactly how do they obtain "sealed" court records?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #36: August 14, 2021, 04:08:16 PM »
According to sealed court records and other documentation obtained by the Post...

Perhaps for our WNFF Attorneys or Journalists...exactly how do they obtain "sealed" court records?
Money?
Booze?
Sex?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #37: August 14, 2021, 04:15:25 PM »
Money?
Booze?
Sex?

Are Woodward & Bernstein still there?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #38: August 14, 2021, 04:24:34 PM »
Well, recall there were all kinds of leaks from one of the roids investigations, either Balco or maybe Lance,that led to disclosure of the 2003 "anonymous " mlb testing. Ultimately, those results were found to be illegally seized. There are attorneys who take their zeal for their agenda above their ethical duties, bar oaths, and, in the case of government attorneys,  their oaths as public servants.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39: August 14, 2021, 05:00:41 PM »
I assumed they got them from someone who was a party to the proceedings, obtained them illegally by bribing/cajoling/persuading some court official, or obtaining them legally by using their lawyers to file a motion to get them unsealed.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #40: August 14, 2021, 06:33:24 PM »
I would guess less bribing and more a court official or someone in the DA’s office leaking it

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41: August 14, 2021, 06:42:43 PM »
I would guess less bribing and more a court official or someone in the DA’s office leaking it
exactly. Someone with a mission that's bigger than professional ethics and the law. Just like the roid prosecution

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #42: August 19, 2021, 06:42:39 PM »
The California woman was denied a long term restraining order against Bauer today. This only means the court has determined he does not pose a continual threat to the woman. It still doesn't clear him of all the stuff he did to her.

I feel like this guy is one crazy rant away from being on the same level as Curt Schilling.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #43: August 19, 2021, 06:45:26 PM »
The California woman was denied a long term restraining order against Bauer today. This only means the court has determined he does not pose a continual threat to the woman. It still doesn't clear him of all the stuff he did to her.

I feel like this guy is one crazy rant away from being on the same level as Curt Schilling.
Curt Schilling as far as I know has not beaten any women.  This is just a whole different level of crazy.

I don’t think he will be indicted for various reasons. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a total pig.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #44: August 19, 2021, 06:51:55 PM »
Curt Schilling as far as I know has not beaten any women.  This is just a whole different level of crazy.

I don’t think he will be indicted for various reasons. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a total pig.

I would only assume he is indicted if there is definitive evidence of wrongdoing. Even if he isn't indicted, he is still probably labeled a pariah.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #45: August 20, 2021, 09:38:51 AM »
What has Schilling done that is remotely close to this?

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #46: August 20, 2021, 10:45:11 AM »
What has Schilling done that is remotely close to this?

Nothing. Schilling has said a lot of dumb stuff, but he has never physically assaulted anyone (assuming the allegations against Bauer are true).

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #47: August 20, 2021, 11:04:01 AM »
Nothing. Schilling has said a lot of dumb stuff, but he has never physically assaulted anyone (assuming the allegations against Bauer are true).

the assault isn't alleged, he just said that he agreed to him beating the crap out of her while they were screwing. Even if you believe his filings, he's still a piece of crap. Schilling is just a gas bag- not even remotely comparable

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48: August 20, 2021, 01:23:57 PM »
the assault isn't alleged, he just said that he agreed to him beating the crap out of her while they were screwing. Even if you believe his filings, he's still a piece of crap. Schilling is just a gas bag- not even remotely comparable
Schilling also bilked Rhode Island out of a ton of money, but he's not committing assault.  Gasbag is a good word for him.  Still should be in the HoF.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #49: August 20, 2021, 01:46:52 PM »

he's saying it was consensual, she's saying it wasn't.