Author Topic: What could Robles get the Nats  (Read 330 times)

Offline Turnertheburner

What could Robles get the Nats
« Topic Start: June 28, 2021, 06:12:29 PM »
Up-front I have to admit I'm not a Victor Robles fan. I have watched to many brain-fog base running stunts that have cost the Nats runs and probably wins. That being said there are probably teams looking for his talents. Could the Nats get an additional fielder/pitcher for him that could be the missing piece?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: What could Robles get the Nats
« Reply #1: June 28, 2021, 06:38:11 PM »
Up-front I have to admit I'm not a Victor Robles fan. I have watched to many brain-fog base running stunts that have cost the Nats runs and probably wins. That being said there are probably teams looking for his talents. Could the Nats get an additional fielder/pitcher for him that could be the missing piece?
For this year contention, it'd be like trying to lengthen a quilt by stitching a foot of material to the top of the quilt by cutting it off from the bottom.  It would not make this team better this year. Now, if you are talking about trade for prospects, which I guess you are, are you saying this is a sell-high moment on a guy who's going to eventually lose his reputation for being multi-tooled stud and be more perceived as not being a major league starter?  A couple of nice cautions are Manny Margot and Hunter Renfroe. Of course, giving up on those two didn't kill the Padres, so maybe we should run the risk.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #2: June 28, 2021, 06:49:37 PM »
:lmao:

Offline ZimW1N

• ResignSoto2025
« Reply #3: June 28, 2021, 08:13:59 PM »
As our teams biggest issue is the lack of young, talented hitters I dont see how trading a potential young, talented hitter makes sense. If nothing else at least wait until he gets hot to dump him.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #4: June 29, 2021, 03:43:26 PM »
Even though Robles is a weak hitter, often fooled by breaking pitches, he needs at least the 2022 season before the Nats conclude that he is a backup CF.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #5: June 29, 2021, 03:45:31 PM »
gerardo parra has more home runs than him

he'll be dealt this winter IMO

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #6: June 29, 2021, 03:50:47 PM »

Lol, not a chance dude. Not a chance.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #7: June 29, 2021, 03:55:06 PM »
I think they will give a (former) top prospect time to get past his braindeadedness.