Author Topic: Former Nats Stinking it up  (Read 5929 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Former Nats Stinking it up
« Reply #50: August 15, 2021, 05:47:49 PM »
It’s amazing that someone might be performing at a level that was different than 2 years ago.

On an unrelated note, how are Strasburg, Corbin and Doolittle doing these days? I guess they weren’t essential to the WS run either.
Two of them were vital. Eaton wasnt.

Nope, 2 years ago we couldn't.  Now he ain't so good and we ain't either.
Lol, yes, we could. Eaton is perhaps the most overrated Nat in baseball history at this point. Dude piled up meaningless stats

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51: August 15, 2021, 05:58:19 PM »
Dude had an OPS of 1000 in WS with 6 RBI. “Meaningless stats”

Not sure why you want to troll on this.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #52: August 15, 2021, 06:32:06 PM »

OPS.   :hysterical:

Offline Slateman

« Reply #53: August 15, 2021, 08:15:02 PM »

Stat padding. Eaton sucked and the only real contribution he made to the WS was being driving buddies with Howie

Offline Slateman

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #55: August 17, 2021, 03:52:06 PM »
https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/08/17/felipe-vazquez-sentenced-prison-child-sexual-assault

Felipe going to prison

He's been in prison since September of last year. He is actually up for parole as early as next month. He does still have pending charges in Florida and Missouri though, so it's doubtful his parole gets him very far.

I bet he was also put in isolation in prison. It's true that the lowest rung on the prison totem pole is reserved for kid touchers, and prison rules dictate that kid touchers don't make it alive for very long if they aren't in isolation units.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #56: August 17, 2021, 05:22:17 PM »
He's been in prison since September of last year. He is actually up for parole as early as next month. He does still have pending charges in Florida and Missouri though, so it's doubtful his parole gets him very far.

I bet he was also put in isolation in prison. It's true that the lowest rung on the prison totem pole is reserved for kid touchers, and prison rules dictate that kid touchers don't make it alive for very long if they aren't in isolation units.
I'm pretty sure that rule is over now since there are like a BILLION freaking perverted monsters arrested daily it seems for this  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #57: August 17, 2021, 07:33:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure that rule is over now since there are like a BILLION freaking perverted monsters arrested daily it seems for this  >:( >:( >:( >:(

It's not. My BiL is a Corrections Officer and my sister is a Prison System Teacher. For instance, the filthy excuse for a human who was the reason Megan's Law was created (happened in my home town) is incarcerated in the prison my BiL works in. He is kept in isolation because he would be dead in a second if they let him go to general pop.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #58: August 17, 2021, 09:20:36 PM »
Brian Goodwin has fundamentally altered the AL Cy Young race by hitting Chris Bassitt in the head with a 100 mph line drive.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #59: August 18, 2021, 12:39:01 AM »

Agreed.  That is over the top trolling.  Eaton's game was to do the little things that helped his team win. 

He needs to retire because he dropped off a cliff.  Nobody wants to remember him the way he's hitting now.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #60: August 18, 2021, 12:45:16 AM »
Brian Goodwin has fundamentally altered the AL Cy Young race by hitting Chris Bassitt in the head with a 100 mph line drive.
At least he's not "stinking it up".  Just an unfortunate accident.  Not sure why you're drawing attention to Goodwin here, Count.

What ever happened to that experimental cap that absorbed shock?  Gotta consider bringing it back.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #61: August 18, 2021, 10:35:19 AM »
At least he's not "stinking it up".  Just an unfortunate accident.  Not sure why you're drawing attention to Goodwin here, Count.

What ever happened to that experimental cap that absorbed shock?  Gotta consider bringing it back.

Bassitt was hit in a spot where no helmet would have helped. Only thing that would have worked is a full face mask.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #62: August 18, 2021, 09:14:30 PM »
Brad Hand.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #63: August 19, 2021, 10:10:09 PM »
Lester...no surprise there, I guess...4 ER's in 4.1...6 hits, 3 BB's no K's...

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #64: August 19, 2021, 10:15:10 PM »
That’s a quality start for him.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #65: August 20, 2021, 01:59:14 AM »
He's had such a great career and is well respected.  I expect that he will retire sometime in October.  "It's over, Jonny".

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #66: August 20, 2021, 01:21:39 PM »

I only got to see him once for the Nats in I think his last home start.  I wore my Red Sox Lester 31 tee shirt.  A few folks asked about the mixed Sox / Nats gear (I had my red Nats hat), then I pointed to the name on the tee shirt and said I was hoping to bring him a flash back performance.  It was a pretty good start and I think a win.

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #67: August 20, 2021, 03:03:37 PM »
Update

Lucus Giolito - so so at 9-9 3.83. Nothing special.

Jesus Luzardo - Stinks. With Marlins now. 4-6 7.76

Rendon - Lost year. Hip surgery. UGH.

Eaton - Done.

Harper - Okay season but only 22 Home Runs and 50 RBI (horrible). Contract prevents others from being signed.

We used some of these guys to win a world series. Doesn't seem like we've given up much. Question, who is the most valuable guy we've given up not counting this years trade deadline moves?

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #68: August 20, 2021, 03:17:31 PM »
Update

Jesus Luzardo - Stinks. With Marlins now. 4-6 7.76

Rendon - Lost year. Hip surgery. UGH.

Eaton - Done.

Harper - Okay season but only 22 Home Runs and 50 RBI (horrible). Contract prevents others from being signed.

We used some of these guys to win a world series. Doesn't seem like we've given up much. Question, who is the most valuable guy we've given up not counting this years trade deadline moves?

Forgot Michael Taylor - He's doing what he does. 10 hr. .241 ba. Nothing special. Could have been so much more if he used the whole field.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #69: August 20, 2021, 03:21:35 PM »
Update

Let's be real here.

Giolito - better than ALL our current starters.

Luzardo - 23 and still has tons of upside, he's as valuable as Gray is right now.

Rendon - Yea, well, the injuries suck.

Eaton - Agreed, he's likely done.

Harper - You calling this year just an "Okay" season? He is basically lining up for a 5.0 fWAR season, and outside of Soto (who is also going to have a 5.0 fWAR season) nobody comes close. This isn't "Okay", this is very, very, good. Like, playing to that contract good. He's a guy I don't like, but let's not say his money is why the Phillies suck. They have spent outside of him, and he is holding up his end of the bargain.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #70: August 20, 2021, 04:43:46 PM »
Harper will get serious consideration for MVP, and might be the favorite if Philly wins the division.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #71: August 20, 2021, 06:20:07 PM »
Update

Weird way of saying Top 20 starting pitcher in baseball

Offline Slateman

« Reply #72: August 20, 2021, 06:20:25 PM »
Harper will get serious consideration for MVP, and might be the favorite if Philly wins the division.
Ironically, Soto has been better than him in most stats

Offline hohoho

« Reply #73: August 20, 2021, 06:37:38 PM »
17th in WAR in NL, 2nd in OPS, 18th in HR, 20th in BA, 48th in RBI.
I don’t think so.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #74: August 20, 2021, 06:51:34 PM »
17th in WAR in NL, 2nd in OPS, 18th in HR, 20th in BA, 48th in RBI.
I don’t think so.
Third in OPS and OPS+.  That what the voters look at. No one pays attention to batting average and RBIs. What century are you living in. Tatis will probably win.