Author Topic: Way Back When  (Read 222 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Way Back When
« Reply #1: May 21, 2021, 07:31:19 PM »
Not sure where to put this but a good story.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/baseball/story/_/id/31474244/ron-darling-frank-viola-ncaa-baseball-greatest-game-ever-40-years-on

Only college baseball game I've gone to. Was the week of my graduation.  In addition to Darling, that Yale team also had an a super bowl special teamer / backup running back (Rich Diana for Miami), an Olympian / Rangers defenseman (Bobby Brooke), and an NFL backup QB (Joe Dufek, Bills and then Chargers). A friend I work with was a freshman on that team.  He said the team was huge but fielded that way.

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: Way Back When
« Reply #2: May 21, 2021, 07:51:15 PM »

Only college baseball game I've gone to. Was the week of my graduation.  In addition to Darling, that Yale team also had an a super bowl special teamer / backup running back (Rich Diana for Miami), an Olympian / Rangers defenseman (Bobby Brooke), and an NFL backup QB (Joe Dufek, Bills and then Chargers). A friend I work with was a freshman on that team.  He said the team was huge but fielded that way.
I knew you would be interested but had no idea you were actually there.  Must have been quite the match.