Author Topic: 2021 Trade Discussions/Rumors/Deadline - buy or sell  (Read 35841 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I think Gorman is an overpay by St. Louis. There would have to be a pretty crazy bidding war. Or the Nats would have to eat all of money. I would think Walker and Hence would be more likely.

The Cubs overpaying for Chapman probably serves as a warning to others about a deal like that.
I honestly have done a market break down for comparables to Max.  Maybe Greinke?  He's better than JV when he was traded.  Heck, Jon Lester in 2014 brought back I think Cespedes with some control (who was then traded for Porcello at the end of the season). 

Feinsand seems to be the one most sold on this because there's a sense Gorman's blocked and also says Theo knew what he gave up to get  Chapman.  Yes, were Max on the block, there'd be a bidding war.  I'd imagine the acquiring team would not be on the hook for the prior deferrals and would at most be responsible for his remaining cash due for this year (which is deferred, too).