Author Topic: 2021 Trade Discussions/Rumors/Deadline - buy or sell  (Read 36370 times)

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024

We've had quite a few here. We've had fans of John Patterson, Jason Bergmann, Elijah Dukes, Ryan Church (:poke:), Ryan Zimmerman and, if you can believe it, Julian Tavarez.
I still think someone on this Board should have reached out to law enforcement about the Bryce Harper super fan. Possible stalker. I was creeped out by his posts.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I still think someone on this Board should have reached out to law enforcement about the Bryce Harper super fan. Possible stalker. I was creeped out by his posts.

BH34Natural, how could I forget about that clown :doh:

Offline Air Desmond

Can we count Strasburg into the future plans? He’s having surgery that some pitchers don’t bounce back from. I fear his arm might be shot.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Was that Boss Dealwiler? Oh, I totally forgot about Kurt Studzuki. Still really bizarre to follow one dude around.
Studzuki was a sock puppet account I think for a regular who liked to bust folks by absurd idol worship. I have a hunch that Boss Dealwiler was MDS.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
The fans of one player often come across as either being family members or psycho stalkers.
actually, there was one really good one who I guess knew Dustin (?) Hood from his home town who had some nice posts.  Hood was that spectacular athlete who turned down an Alabama football scholarship to sign with the Nats but never made it.  I think Saban kept the offer open for him and in his mid-20s went back to Alabama.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
And didnt Balester's dad post here?
father in law. Spinman.  Bally, Bally's wife, and Spinman used to drop by.  Spinman continued to post updates on Bally's adventures after he left here.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Can we count Strasburg into the future plans? He’s having surgery that some pitchers don’t bounce back from. I fear his arm might be shot.
Strasburg is coming back this season to pitch in the playoffs

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
"Wangshington Nationals" IIRC (wasn't me, although I am the proud owner of a XXXL Wang mumu I got for $5 at the team store)

Chien Ming Wang

• babble on
I seem to recall Mike O'Connor's dad coming by a few times, although O'Connor's giving up a first-pitch HR to the Marlins did not make for a hospitable environment here and I don't believe he returned after that.  C'est la guerre.     

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
This one individual following isn't so strange - I nearly gave up on the Nationals, in '09, when Felix Klutz left the ground crew - no-one hauled a tarpaulin like Klutz. But I got over it - after all, a tarp's a tarp... ;)

• babble on
The tarp derp last August was pretty spectacular, I'd say that the field has been left in pretty incapable hands  :D
This one individual following isn't so strange - I nearly gave up on the Nationals, in '09, when Felix Klutz left the ground crew - no-one hauled a tarpaulin like Klutz. But I got over it - after all, a tarp's a tarp... ;)

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
"Wangshington Nationals" IIRC (wasn't me, although I am the proud owner of a XXXL Wang mumu I got for $5 at the team store)
Something to grow into.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
The tarp derp last August was pretty spectacular, I'd say that the field has been left in pretty incapable hands  :D
Everyone was blaming the rank and file for that debacle.  That was a failure of leadership! 

Offline Kurt Studzuki

Studzuki was a sock puppet account I think for a regular who liked to bust folks by absurd idol worship. I have a hunch that Boss Dealwiler was MDS.

I might be a meme poking fun at the other accounts getting blasted on here, but I did predict our World Series win!

Two year contract = two year window. Let's go boys!

:gunz:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I've never disputed the insights of Studzuki in any matter,  whether it is Arab-Israeli peace negotiations,  Covid response, or use of relief pitchers.  You know, stuff of comparable magnitude.

Offline DPMOmaha

Suzuki had some pretty big moments on the field. I’ll always that homer vs the Mets and the one in Game 2 off Verlander that opened the floodgates.

Offline Natsinpwc

Yan Gomes was The Man, not Suzuki.  ...
Oh cmon,  Don't care about athletes poliactial views. 

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Oh cmon, Don't care about athletes poliactial views.
I don't think Suzuki knew he was making a political statement.  That's how dumb he is.

Offline Natsinpwc

I don't think Suzuki knew he was making a political statement.  That's how dumb he is.
I don't care how dumb they are either.  I mean we have had Werth and Harper.  Those guys are not rocket scientists either.  Just play well and don't beat women or commit other crimes and I am with you. 

Offline Slateman

More of an offseason question, but what would we have to trade to the Padres in exchange for Hosmer and Gore?

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
More of an offseason question, but what would we have to trade to the Padres in exchange for Hosmer and Gore?

Good question.  Personally, I wouldn’t take on hosmer unless it’s either straight up for Corbin or we get abrams or hassell instead of gore.  Gore’s value is really down.  I’d give them Harris ($8M for 2022) for hosmer and one of those two guys.

Offline Slateman

Abrams is pretty unrealistic. About the way I could see that is they got something good in return.

Personally, I'd trade Robles for Hosmer, Hassel, and one of Gore, Morejon, or Weathers

Offline UMDNats

I would do that too but that's because I think Robles is a lost cause at this point.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Robles is 3KEspi v2.0...

Offline Mattionals

Robles is 3KEspi v2.0...

He strikes out less than Espinosa did, so I'd call him 2.5KRobles. Or at this point we can just call him "Auto-Out".