Author Topic: Sexual assault allegations against FP  (Read 6712 times)

Offline Duke of Earl

Re: Sexual assault allegations against FP
« Reply #150: June 08, 2021, 01:11:44 PM »
Quite expendable.
He's not expendable if the best they can do is the clowns they've been using.  If you want to say that there are plenty competent broadcasters available then why haven't they signed one yet?

And by the way where is Carpenter?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #151: June 08, 2021, 01:17:48 PM »
He's not expendable if the best they can do is the clowns they've been using.  If you want to say that there are plenty competent broadcasters available then why haven't they signed one yet?

Sounds like no decision made yet.  Perhaps the lawyers are negotiating a settlement?

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #152: June 08, 2021, 01:36:53 PM »

An anonymous instragrammer was offended when Carp told her he wrote a book on scoring.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #153: June 08, 2021, 01:46:55 PM »

I think I saw something in the twittersphere or on reddit that he had a couple days off planned. I think this is part of him mentioning earlier in the season that he would be taking more time off through the course of the season than normal.

Offline ajcartwright

« Reply #154: June 08, 2021, 04:07:44 PM »

If trying to get laid as often as possible with as many people as you could while doing so by the rules was illegal, I'd have been in jail a long time ago.

"Baby, It's Cold Outside"

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #155: June 08, 2021, 05:26:57 PM »

FP accused him of assault.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #156: July 16, 2021, 04:48:15 PM »
Chelsea Janes says FP is expected back on the air this weekend.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #157: July 16, 2021, 04:50:54 PM »

:clap: :couch:

Offline hotshot

« Reply #158: July 16, 2021, 05:02:23 PM »
I guess enough time has passed.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #160: July 16, 2021, 05:59:29 PM »
Never thought I'd say this, but thank goodness

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #161: July 16, 2021, 06:56:08 PM »

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #163: July 16, 2021, 07:03:27 PM »
You might not want to tune in tonight….

Too late...  :(

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #164: July 16, 2021, 07:26:29 PM »
Never thought I'd say this, but thank goodness

Didn't like JMax, or didn't like him losing his job for what seem to be spurious allegations?

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #165: July 16, 2021, 07:27:02 PM »
I'm going to check out Twitter tonight. lol

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #166: July 16, 2021, 07:35:37 PM »
Just turned on the game from scenic Santee SC.  Got to see Soto’s HR.  And couldn’t believe I heard FP. I thought the longer it went on without formal resolution the more likely they were to take him back. Probably the Lerner’s didn’t want to legal battle with FP. Hats off to JMax for filling in. Now time to switch to the SD broadcast.   :hysterical:

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #167: July 16, 2021, 07:49:09 PM »
Just turned on the game from scenic Santee SC.  Got to see Soto’s HR.  And couldn’t believe I heard FP. I thought the longer it went on without formal resolution the more likely they were to take him back. Probably the Lerner’s didn’t want to legal battle with FP. Hats off to JMax for filling in. Now time to switch to the SD broadcast.   :hysterical:

Or, as is reported by the Post, the anonymous accusation couldn't be corroborated?

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #168: July 16, 2021, 07:53:28 PM »
Didn't like JMax, or didn't like him losing his job for what seem to be spurious allegations?
JMax was so boring.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #169: July 16, 2021, 08:11:05 PM »
Or, as is reported by the Post, the anonymous accusation couldn't be corroborated?
Right, but I assume the Lerner's just wanted him gone for the bad publicity but MASN did not concur.  I mean an investigation does not take 6 weeks.  You talk to the woman.  You talk to FP.  The confusing thing is how it went from just bad behavior to sexual assault when the Athletic article came out.  I don't subscribe to that publication.  Wonder if the woman said that or was that just the reporter's interpretation? 

Justice was served.  I hope and assume he was paid during the entire time.  Now we can move on to Starlin Castro.  Never a dull moment. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #170: July 16, 2021, 08:17:34 PM »
Never.

Right, but I assume the Lerner's just wanted him gone for the bad publicity but MASN did not concur.  I mean an investigation does not take 6 weeks.  You talk to the woman.  You talk to FP.  The confusing thing is how it went from just bad behavior to sexual assault when the Athletic article came out.  I don't subscribe to that publication.  Wonder if the woman said that or was that just the reporter's interpretation? 

Justice was served.  I hope and assume he was paid during the entire time.  Now we can move on to Starlin Castro.  Never a dull moment.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #171: July 16, 2021, 08:47:24 PM »

Justice was served. 

I'm not sure that can be said. Per Janes reporting, the evidence was inconclusive. That doesn't mean the allegations were untrue. I don't know if "justice" is the criminal standard in a non-criminal employment matter.  There's no slander litigation either. It is more he is getting the benefit of the doubt. Not that that is wrong here, but let's not award FP a medal for saintly conduct

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #172: July 16, 2021, 08:52:47 PM »
I think that the best that can be said is that it's not illegal - and you can't lose your job - for being a hound dog. At least not for just one allegation of said behavior.

I'm not sure that can be said. Per Janes reporting, the evidence was inconclusive. That doesn't mean the allegations were untrue. I don't know if "justice" is the criminal standard in a non-criminal employment matter.  There's no slander litigation either. It is more he is getting the benefit of the doubt. Not that that is wrong here, but let's not award FP a medal for saintly conduct

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #173: July 16, 2021, 09:01:51 PM »
I think that the best that can be said is that it's not illegal - and you can't lose your job - for being a hound dog. At least not for just one allegation of said behavior.

NSF proof to establish his conduct was illegal, not that it didn't occur.  And you can lose your job for conduct that is less than illegal.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #174: July 16, 2021, 09:24:14 PM »
Not that what didn't occur? I think that the character of the behavior is at question too. The allegation I read is he didn't want to take no for an answer. But then he did.

You're right, of course, that you can lose your job for behavior that is less than illegal.

NSF proof to establish his conduct was illegal, not that it didn't occur.  And you can lose your job for conduct that is less than illegal.