Author Topic: Sexual assault allegations against FP  (Read 6945 times)

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Re: Sexual assault allegations against FP
« Reply #100: June 03, 2021, 10:15:56 AM »
I don't read that as acknowledging he knows who is accusing him.  You can't really deny knowing an anonymous person.

Huh?

Offline catocony

« Reply #101: June 03, 2021, 06:30:55 PM »
The whole you have the right to face your accuser and have her recount what she says made her uncomfortable is just silly.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #102: June 03, 2021, 08:07:06 PM »

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence

The first 4 words don't apply here...yet...

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #103: June 03, 2021, 09:30:07 PM »

VARK already pointed out the error in your assumption.  However I welcome many more comments from you on this and any other topic as your avatar is great.

Offline catocony

« Reply #104: June 04, 2021, 02:36:09 AM »
Where's the police report?  Why did she care if FP blocked her if she was the victim of his?  Why was the first word of it a post on Instagram years after the date?

This screams bad hookup and nothing more.  If she hasn't/won't file a criminal complaint then it's pure BS. 

Online Copecwby20

« Reply #105: June 04, 2021, 02:58:59 AM »
I probably won't make any friends with my take in this argument, but I really think this is a weaponized claim made during the height of the "me too" or "cancel culture" time frame.

The original accusations were made through an instagram account that has CONSISTANTLY been deleted for violations of Terms of Service and keeps resurfacing in slightly tweaked formats.

I really don't care if FP stays or goes because it doesn't hurt my wallet, but I do think this might be a little bit of bullcrap that super woke folks are now grasping on to in order to right all the wrongs in the world. I saw this crap happen time and time again in the Marine Corps. Even if proven falsely accused, male Marines had their careers ruined while the false accusers suffered no repercussions.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #106: June 04, 2021, 07:03:43 AM »
What about the "I Gottcha" mentality ?  Another perspective is the "Whatever I Can Get Away With" perspective.

It's interesting that your concern here is tied to your wallet, as opposed to the ability of FP to be successful or not.

I probably won't make any friends with my take in this argument, but I really think this is a weaponized claim made during the height of the "me too" or "cancel culture" time frame.

The original accusations were made through an instagram account that has CONSISTANTLY been deleted for violations of Terms of Service and keeps resurfacing in slightly tweaked formats.

I really don't care if FP stays or goes because it doesn't hurt my wallet, but I do think this might be a little bit of bullcrap that super woke folks are now grasping on to in order to right all the wrongs in the world. I saw this crap happen time and time again in the Marine Corps. Even if proven falsely accused, male Marines had their careers ruined while the false accusers suffered no repercussions.

Offline catocony

« Reply #107: June 04, 2021, 10:51:08 AM »
My read of the initial report was:  they met somewhere, set up a future date, she went to his place in Old Town, they went to a restaurant, he got at least half drunk, they went back to his place, he put the moves on her, she shot him down, he got sour, then she called an Uber and left.

If the bar to fire a guy and ostracize him is that he went on a date, got some liquor in him, tried his best moves to get laid and failed, then we have some serious problems.  Because that's happened to just about everyone at some point in their lives.  Most of us just aren't wealthy, kinda famous ex pro athlete/sports media guys who have a profile high enough for the ticked off chick to give a damn about afterwards.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #108: June 04, 2021, 07:26:01 PM »
Understandably the woman was upset after their encounter.  She said he yelled “there goes the no hitter”.   

Offline hotshot

« Reply #109: June 04, 2021, 08:47:48 PM »
Wonder if FP is still in town. Or, back in Cali awaiting the final word?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #110: June 04, 2021, 11:47:46 PM »
Jammage
Understandably the woman was upset after their encounter.  She said he yelled “there goes the no hitter”.   

Online Copecwby20

« Reply #111: June 05, 2021, 07:42:40 AM »
What about the "I Gottcha" mentality ?  Another perspective is the "Whatever I Can Get Away With" perspective.

It's interesting that your concern here is tied to your wallet, as opposed to the ability of FP to be successful or not.

I’m just saying that none of this has any impact on my personal life, so it’s relative significance to me is low.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #112: June 05, 2021, 08:01:36 PM »
Except that I haven't seen many people supporting this on Twitter (and Nats Twitter is the most woke Twitter). And the claim seems to have been made after the apex of cancel culture. This seems to be completely in the hands of the Nats - MASN approved his return to the air waves and the Nats canceled it.

Offline hohoho

« Reply #113: June 05, 2021, 10:38:18 PM »
Except that I haven't seen many people supporting this on Twitter (and Nats Twitter is the most woke Twitter). And the claim seems to have been made after the apex of cancel culture. This seems to be completely in the hands of the Nats - MASN approved his return to the air waves and the Nats canceled it.
What is with the code words “woke” and “cancel culture”? It adds nothing to the discussion of the event and just is an attempt to discredit the allegations by appealing to a certain political attitude instead of dealing in facts. The facts are we (1) don’t know if the allegations are true or not and (2) if true, how serious they are. The rest is supposition.

Offline hohoho

« Reply #114: June 05, 2021, 10:44:38 PM »

I’m just saying that none of this has any impact on my personal life, so it’s relative significance to me is low.
Now that is a great standard. So why are you posting on this?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #115: June 06, 2021, 09:13:01 AM »

I think it is and will remain a he said/she said and no one will every know what happened. I don’t think the nats view him as important enough to take a pr hit for, so they won’t approve his return

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #116: June 06, 2021, 04:40:23 PM »
Probably. Unfortunate. Shouldn't be that facile about destroying a guy's career.
I think it is and will remain a he said/she said and no one will every know what happened. I don’t think the nats view him as important enough to take a pr hit for, so they won’t approve his return

Offline Duke of Earl

« Reply #117: June 07, 2021, 09:41:25 AM »
What is with the code words “woke” and “cancel culture”? It adds nothing to the discussion of the event and just is an attempt to discredit the allegations by appealing to a certain political attitude instead of dealing in facts. The facts are we (1) don’t know if the allegations are true or not and (2) if true, how serious they are. The rest is supposition.
Neither term is useful in this context (or nearly any context) and,  as you say, neither adds anything to the discussion.

I have only the vaguest idea what 'woke' means, and from what I can tell it is not well-defined.  It is used primarily by leftists, but also as a pejorative  by right wing loonies.    'Cancel culture', quite different, is a term use by right wing-nuts to describe anything they don't like. Its usage has completely lost its original intent, to describe leftists' tendency to "cancel" anything that makes them uncomfortable.

So cancel culture has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.  As for "woke",  someone could claim to be woke by defending FP because nobody knows what happened; someone else could claim to be woke in the name of "mee-too" and want to put FP in jail. So woke is also a useless term for this discussion.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #118: June 07, 2021, 10:10:12 AM »
does anyone actually care that FP is off the air? he's so small time i don't see anyone publicly caring either way. there's no mob calling for him to be fired. no one cares. people want to make believe this is WOKE CANCEL CULTURE just because, if nothing else, it seems like someone has an axe to grind with FP and the team doesn't care about him.

• babble on
« Reply #119: June 07, 2021, 10:12:29 AM »
Those words no longer carry any meaning beyond being flags and signals.
Neither term is useful in this context (or nearly any context) and,  as you say, neither adds anything to the discussion.

I have only the vaguest idea what 'woke' means, and from what I can tell it is not well-defined.  It is used primarily by leftists, but also as a pejorative  by right wing loonies.    'Cancel culture', quite different, is a term use by right wing-nuts to describe anything they don't like. Its usage has completely lost its original intent, to describe leftists' tendency to "cancel" anything that makes them uncomfortable.

So cancel culture has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.  As for "woke",  someone could claim to be woke by defending FP because nobody knows what happened; someone else could claim to be woke in the name of "mee-too" and want to put FP in jail. So woke is also a useless term for this discussion.

Offline Duke of Earl

« Reply #120: June 07, 2021, 10:13:37 AM »
does anyone actually care that FP is off the air? he's so small time i don't see anyone publicly caring either way. there's no mob calling for him to be fired.
Yeah I care. These broadcasts are deadly bad. Say what you will about FP, and i don't like him, but he's a professional, and I want him back.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #121: June 07, 2021, 10:25:37 AM »
Yeah I care. These broadcasts are deadly bad. Say what you will about FP, and i don't like him, but he's a professional, and I want him back.

that's more of an issue with MASN/the nats not caring about the quality of the broadcasts. every other team in baseball has a backup color guy who is legitimate. we're the only ones without one. it's just MASN being lazy and cheap and the nats not caring at all because  they're lazy and cheap.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #122: June 07, 2021, 11:09:15 AM »
does anyone actually care that FP is off the air? he's so small time i don't see anyone publicly caring either way. there's no mob calling for him to be fired. no one cares. people want to make believe this is WOKE CANCEL CULTURE just because, if nothing else, it seems like someone has an axe to grind with FP and the team doesn't care about him.

That’s why he won’t be back, he’s not worth even a minimal pr hit to the nats

• babble on
« Reply #123: June 07, 2021, 11:13:27 AM »
Allegations aside, a swinging-dick bruh probably isn't the guy you want for this market. 
That’s why he won’t be back, he’s not worth even a minimal pr hit to the nats

Offline rileyn

« Reply #124: June 07, 2021, 11:50:14 AM »
I care.