Author Topic: Sexual assault allegations against FP  (Read 6842 times)

Offline hotshot

Re: Sexual assault allegations against FP
« Reply #75: June 02, 2021, 05:32:26 PM »
Yeah...that article was a rehash of the little bit they have revealed over the past month...

This crap happens all the time lately...especially in high-profile positions.  Nobody has to like it...there's plenty going on in the world of late that I don't like...but it's the new now.  Adapt or die, as they say...
VRK, agree. For celebrities (even minor ones like FP) you just can't take ANY chances. Gotta live a squeaky clean life or possibly suffer unforeseeable consequences. Marv Albert's timing was fortunate for him (he'd be long-gone today) but ... he should have served as the clarion call in the broadcast market.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #76: June 02, 2021, 06:48:26 PM »
VRK, agree. For celebrities (even minor ones like FP) you just can't take ANY chances. Gotta live a squeaky clean life or possibly suffer unforeseeable consequences. Marv Albert's timing was fortunate for him (he'd be long-gone today) but ... he should have served as the clarion call in the broadcast market.
Stop.  He was "accused" anonymously and the accusatory posts have since been deleted.  By saying "you can't take any chances," you are effectively judging him as guilty.  This can't happen in America.  This shouldn't be the new now.  As far as we know, there have been no complaints by the accuser made to the Nationals, MASN, or the police.  Nothing.  If he is guilty, tar and feather him, but as far as I can tell, he hasn't actually been accused of anything.  How does he defend himself against this.  Guess what - this can happen to you tomorrow.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #77: June 02, 2021, 06:55:16 PM »
Stop.  He was "accused" anonymously and the accusatory posts have since been deleted.  By saying "you can't take any chances," you are effectively judging him as guilty.  This can't happen in America.  This shouldn't be the new now.  As far as we know, there have been no complaints by the accuser made to the Nationals, MASN, or the police.  Nothing.  If he is guilty, tar and feather him, but as far as I can tell, he hasn't actually been accused of anything.  How does he defend himself against this.  Guess what - this can happen to you tomorrow.
The accuser did complain to MASN and the MLB is investigating that.  The accuser spoke with the woman who wrote the article a couple of weeks ago.  So she may be anonymous to you but not to those investigating.  And it seems like she switched her story from just bad behavior to actual sexual assault.  I have no idea if that is true.  If FP is terminated and feels that was unjust he has legal recourse also. 

And no this does not happen to people who behave themselves. 

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #78: June 02, 2021, 07:28:06 PM »
The accuser did complain to MASN and the MLB is investigating that.  The accuser spoke with the woman who wrote the article a couple of weeks ago.  So she may be anonymous to you but not to those investigating.  And it seems like she switched her story from just bad behavior to actual sexual assault.  I have no idea if that is true.  If FP is terminated and feels that was unjust he has legal recourse also. 

I haven't read anywhere that she spoke to MASN or Washington Post.   The post article suggests MASN doesn't know the identity of the accuser.   I know there was an article in Athletic where they claimed to talk to the accuser, but not sure they know her identity, and it doesn't sound like a given that MLB knows her identity.   One part of the woman's complaints was that FP blocked her from contacting him at the time, which struck me as an odd complaint.   I don't think there is enough known about all of this to suggest it does not happen to people who behave themselves.   People can have all sorts of motives to post something like this, especially if they do it anonymously.   

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #79: June 02, 2021, 07:31:50 PM »
She contacted masn and mlb first. They suspended him and investigated and he was cleared. Now she came forth on Twitter and Instagram so its been reopened. 1 accuser
Bumping this as this I guess is where she contacted MASN.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #80: June 02, 2021, 08:40:54 PM »
This can't happen in America.  This shouldn't be the new now.   

It happens every day, and it is the new now...like it or not...

As far as we know, there have been no complaints by the accuser made to the Nationals, MASN, or the police.

We know NOTHING...

How does he defend himself against this.  Guess what - this can happen to you tomorrow.

It very well may...get used to it...

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #81: June 02, 2021, 09:01:10 PM »
Problem is that it's hard to adapt your behavior two years ago to today.  Any hint of boorish behavior in your past? You're out. 

Hope that during the interviews they find someone that says "you know, that woman hit on men in bars all the time. ALL the time. She left with men regularly." Of course, that won't count somehow.

Because FP didn't do anything but act like kind of an jerk.

Yeah...that article was a rehash of the little bit they have revealed over the past month...

This crap happens all the time lately...especially in high-profile positions.  Nobody has to like it...there's plenty going on in the world of late that I don't like...but it's the new now.  Adapt or die, as they say...

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #82: June 02, 2021, 09:07:05 PM »
Problem is that it's hard to adapt your behavior two years ago to today.  Any hint of boorish behavior in your past? You're out. 

Hope that during the interviews they find someone that says "you know, that woman hit on men in bars all the time. ALL the time. She left with men regularly." Of course, that won't count somehow.

Because FP didn't do anything but act like kind of an jerk.
I don’t want to page back through all the comments but someone mentioned that the Ghiroli article said sexual assault.  So not sure where that came from? Because the tweets did not go that far. In the end probably just he said she said and it’s unfortunate if he loses his job because of that.  I dont want to victim blame but why would a grown woman meet someone on a first date at his house? I mean that’s a clear signal the guy is looking for more than just dinner.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #83: June 02, 2021, 09:25:45 PM »
Seems like that term was used in an article, but what was described could hardly be called assault. Perhaps it was a different woman and event.

I don’t want to page back through all the comments but someone mentioned that the Ghiroli article said sexual assault.  So not sure where that came from? Because the tweets did not go that far. In the end probably just he said she said and it’s unfortunate if he loses his job because of that.  I dont want to victim blame but why would a grown woman meet someone on a first date at his house? I mean that’s a clear signal the guy is looking for more than just dinner.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #84: June 02, 2021, 09:27:15 PM »
Seems like that term was used, but unless it was a different woman, what was described could hardly be called assault.
I don’t have a subscription for The Athletic so could only read the intro. Maybe she changed her story some.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #85: June 02, 2021, 09:29:46 PM »
I guess. But the original story was not lacking in details and conclusions on her part.

I don’t have a subscription for The Athletic so could only read the intro. Maybe she changed her story some.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #89: June 02, 2021, 09:50:35 PM »
What a mess

Offline rileyn

« Reply #90: June 02, 2021, 09:58:57 PM »

So you have also already judged him as guilty, based on.......something?  Not sure what.  FP, and everybody else, you included, have to have the opportunity to defend yourself of allegations and face your accuser.  All we know is that FP has vehemently denied all of this.  In fact, that is the only thing we are 100% sure of.  Does that mean anything to you?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #91: June 02, 2021, 10:06:39 PM »
So you have also already judged him as guilty, based on.......something?  Not sure what.  FP, and everybody else, you included, have to have the opportunity to defend yourself of allegations and face your accuser.  All we know is that FP has vehemently denied all of this.  In fact, that is the only thing we are 100% sure of.  Does that mean anything to you?
Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby vehemently denied allegations also. The article from the Athletic says sexual assault. We know that. We also know the Nats suspended him and have not let him back yet. The whole you have the right to face your accuser and have her recount what she says made her uncomfortable is just silly.

At this point you are assuming that because the whole story has come out that he is innocent. I don’t really know. If you read the article I posted also makes it sounds like there is more than one accuser.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #92: June 02, 2021, 10:41:48 PM »

This isn't a criminal matter...yet.  He has no rights, other than to sue the accuser(s) if he sees fit to do so, and potentially MASN for wrongful termination, if it comes to that.

It is apparent that he knows the accuser(s)...and has his version of the events.

I don't think the Nats will take him back regardless of the outcome...but what do I know...

Public opinion can be a nag...

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #93: June 03, 2021, 08:34:09 AM »
If something truly occurred, I have MASN or the Nationals have more evidence than they’ve let on, because this would be infuriating if not.

This to me reads like the Nationals organizations hates MASN and at a moment when one side needs the public support of the other, the response is to float them down the River.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #94: June 03, 2021, 08:56:51 AM »
Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby vehemently denied allegations also. The article from the Athletic says sexual assault. We know that. We also know the Nats suspended him and have not let him back yet. The whole you have the right to face your accuser and have her recount what she says made her uncomfortable is just silly.

At this point you are assuming that because the whole story has come out that he is innocent. I don’t really know. If you read the article I posted also makes it sounds like there is more than one accuser.

The article was pretty wishy-washy on whether there were multiple accusers.   Does the The Athletic have the same editorial review and source vetting as a paper like the WaPo?   The article was written by Brittany Ghiroli who accused an Oriole player of assaulting her in a hotel room when she thought the was there for an interview.   Is it possible that she is projecting some of what happened to her on to FP's accuser?   

FP may well be guilty, but having to face significant consequences for anonymous Instagram accusations is not right.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #95: June 03, 2021, 09:44:11 AM »
The article was pretty wishy-washy on whether there were multiple accusers.   Does the The Athletic have the same editorial review and source vetting as a paper like the WaPo?   The article was written by Brittany Ghiroli who accused an Oriole player of assaulting her in a hotel room when she thought the was there for an interview.   Is it possible that she is projecting some of what happened to her on to FP's accuser?   

FP may well be guilty, but having to face significant consequences for anonymous Instagram accusations is not right.
She went to MASN with her allegations before the Instagram posts. Those seem to be in response to her being unhappy with the initial investigation. You have no idea if she is anonymous to MLB or MASN or the Nats.  FP did not deny knowing the woman so they obviously had some interaction. I don’t see how making her identity public helps any investigation.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #96: June 03, 2021, 09:50:30 AM »
She went to MASN with her allegations before the Instagram posts. Those seem to be in response to her being unhappy with the initial investigation. You have no idea if she is anonymous to MLB or MASN or the Nats.  FP did not deny knowing the woman so they obviously had some interaction. I don’t see how making her identity public helps any investigation.
You quoted a poster saying she went to MASN, but that post didn't reference any sources.   The WaPo article from yesterday says that MASN only heard about it from the Instagram posts.  I didn't see FP acknowledge he knew the person or even acknowledge that he knew who was making the accusation.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #97: June 03, 2021, 09:54:14 AM »
You quoted a poster saying she went to MASN, but that post didn't reference any sources.   The WaPo article from yesterday says that MASN only heard about it from the Instagram posts.  I didn't see FP acknowledge he knew the person or even acknowledge that he knew who was making the accusation.
You may be right about the initial source.

If FP didn’t know the woman he would have said that.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #98: June 03, 2021, 09:59:28 AM »
You may be right about the initial source.

If FP didn’t know the woman he would have said that.
“What I have read in a recently published article from an anonymous individual about me is untrue and did not happen,” Santangelo said in a text message Saturday. “This is not representative of who I am as a man or a professional. I am confident that my name and reputation will be fully cleared.”

I don't read that as acknowledging he knows who is accusing him.  You can't really deny knowing an anonymous person.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #99: June 03, 2021, 10:08:47 AM »
I don't read that as acknowledging he knows who is accusing him.  You can't really deny knowing an anonymous person.
I disagree. However that’s just my opinion.  I also think if those investigating didn’t have an identity the issue would have been resolved by now. Just my opinion.

You said the reporter might have been projecting her own experiences and you have no support for that either.