Author Topic: Sexual assault allegations against FP  (Read 6707 times)

Offline vicki4471

Sexual assault allegations against FP
« Topic Start: May 08, 2021, 07:00:28 PM »
Apparently FP has been off tv so much lately because he is being investigated for sexual assault.

Online RobDibblesGhost

Re: Sexual assault allegations against FP
« Reply #1: May 08, 2021, 07:06:50 PM »
It’s being discussed in the MASN thread: https://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=39140.175

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2: May 08, 2021, 07:24:57 PM »
I don't care if this becomes the thread, so I'm not shutting it off here. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #3: May 08, 2021, 07:27:38 PM »
Apparently FP has been off tv so much lately because he is being investigated for sexual assault.

The on-again/off-again nature of this... makes no sense.

Offline vicki4471

« Reply #4: May 08, 2021, 07:38:25 PM »
He will probably be fine as long as he didn't hire any massage therapists in Houston.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #5: May 08, 2021, 08:07:05 PM »
MASN has released a statement:

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #6: May 08, 2021, 08:11:41 PM »
He will probably be fine as long as he didn't hire any massage therapists in Houston.

lol

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #7: May 08, 2021, 09:07:13 PM »
Post has an update:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/05/08/fp-santangelo-sexual-misconduct-allegation-nationals-broadcast/#click=https://t.co/hMJyuTo4QC

Looks like MLB found out first and had him removed from MASN, reinstated and then removed again following additional claims.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #8: May 08, 2021, 09:13:16 PM »
So this was about the sexual allegations all along, and there are multiple accusers now?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #9: May 08, 2021, 09:18:49 PM »
So this was about the sexual allegations all along, and there are multiple accusers now?

I believe it is just the one...

“What I have read in your recently published article from an anonymous individual about me is untrue and did not happen,” he texted The Athletic. “This is not representative of who I am as a man or a professional. I am confident that my name and reputation will be fully cleared.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/washington-nationals-broadcaster-fp-santangelo-accused-sexual-assault-pulled-from-games-233307639.html

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #10: May 08, 2021, 09:54:01 PM »
I believe it is just the one...

“What I have read in your recently published article from an anonymous individual about me is untrue and did not happen,” he texted The Athletic. “This is not representative of who I am as a man or a professional. I am confident that my name and reputation will be fully cleared.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/washington-nationals-broadcaster-fp-santangelo-accused-sexual-assault-pulled-from-games-233307639.html
It’s hard to know on this what to think. I thought what I read today on Twitter the woman accused him of bad behavior but I did not see anything about sexual assault.  So apparently she has told the Athletic or someone else there was an assault? 

This is almost making me feel like I want to defend FP.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #11: May 08, 2021, 10:02:13 PM »
You dont have to defend anyone. You can simply not give a crap and live your life.

Offline vicki4471

« Reply #12: May 08, 2021, 10:03:51 PM »
As a woman who spent years working in a group home with victims of sexual assault this entire me too movement is a bitter pill to swallow.  I get every woman handles it differently but waiting 4 years then talking to the press and not police.  Saying all she wants is to keep him from hurting another woman. He could have hurt a lot of women in the 4 years it took her to speak up

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #13: May 08, 2021, 10:16:13 PM »
As a woman who spent years working in a group home with victims of sexual assault this entire me too movement is a bitter pill to swallow.  I get every woman handles it differently but waiting 4 years then talking to the press and not police.  Saying all she wants is to keep him from hurting another woman. He could have hurt a lot of women in the 4 years it took her to speak up
I'm not sure if you are saying that makes her less believable or just insincere in her motives for coming forward?  Hopefully MLB has the resources to vet these kind of things and come up with a reasonable assessment.   I agree that going to the media and not police doesn't sit well.   I'd get not going to the police in situation where the man threatens the woman's career or has some other kind of power relationship, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.   I've always kind of liked FP and hope it doesn't turn out true.  He's not perfect, but he's been part of the Nat's fan experience for a long time.  If it all pans out to be true, and he's a crappy guy, then I'd be a bit bummed, but hope he gets what he deserves.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #14: May 08, 2021, 10:20:39 PM »
Swinging dick bruh tool does not equal rapist or (sometimes) even a harasser.  It's not a stretch to imagine him doing such a thing, but anonymous stuff on the internet is, well, anonymous stuff.  Le sigh 

Offline Duke of Earl

« Reply #15: May 09, 2021, 10:25:44 AM »
There is no legitimate allegation if it is simply posted to twitter or instagram.   Am I missing something?  Has this person come forward (I don't mean publicly, but at least to law enforcement or a journalist).

As for multiple accusers, they could all be from the same person, creating multiple fake accounts. It could even be a man, or someone who doesn't like him but never met him.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #16: May 09, 2021, 10:30:40 AM »
There is no legitimate allegation if it is simply posted to twitter or instagram.   Am I missing something?  Has this person come forward (I don't mean publicly, but at least to law enforcement or a journalist).

As for multiple accusers, they could all be from the same person, creating multiple fake accounts. It could even be a man, or someone who doesn't like him but never met him.

So FP disappears for three days, then comes back, then public allegations are made on Twitter and in The Athletic, and FP disappears again.

MASN says FP's second disappearance is so that a panel of former MLB players can look into the allegations. WaPo says that the first disappearance was also about sexual allegations and that he had been cleared to come back.

I infer from this that there must be at least two accusers: that is why he got suspended twice. The one that went public recently must be the second accuser.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #17: May 09, 2021, 10:33:57 AM »
So FP disappears for three days, then comes back, then public allegations are made on Twitter and in The Athletic, and FP disappears again.

MASN says FP's second disappearance is so that a panel of former MLB players can look into the allegations. WaPo says that the first disappearance was also about sexual allegations and that he had been cleared to come back.

I infer from this that there must be at least two accusers: that is why he got suspended twice. The one that went public recently must be the second accuser.

I infer they tried to do it quietly and then the story broke so they are hanging him out to dry

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #18: May 09, 2021, 10:40:24 AM »

Not necessarily. She may have told the Athletic more than what was posted on social media.  They looked into the social media post and the cleared him to come back. And then more came of the story.  Sexua assault versus just bad behavior.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #19: May 09, 2021, 10:41:17 AM »

It certainly seems the person came forward to a journalist and maybe others.

Offline vicki4471

« Reply #20: May 09, 2021, 10:41:27 AM »
She contacted masn and mlb first. They suspended him and investigated and he was cleared. Now she came forth on Twitter and Instagram so its been reopened. 1 accuser

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #21: May 09, 2021, 10:46:43 AM »
She contacted masn and mlb first. They suspended him and investigated and he was cleared. Now she came forth on Twitter and Instagram so its been reopened. 1 accuser
Thanks.

Offline catocony

« Reply #22: May 09, 2021, 10:49:02 AM »
Where's the police report?

Offline vicki4471

« Reply #23: May 09, 2021, 10:49:46 AM »
She didn't go to the police.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #24: May 09, 2021, 10:54:44 AM »
Hence the on-again/off-again TV appearances. Thanks. Makes more sense now.