Author Topic: Sexual assault allegations against FP  (Read 6996 times)

Offline nfotiu

Re: Sexual assault allegations against FP
« Reply #75: June 02, 2021, 07:28:06 PM »
The accuser did complain to MASN and the MLB is investigating that.  The accuser spoke with the woman who wrote the article a couple of weeks ago.  So she may be anonymous to you but not to those investigating.  And it seems like she switched her story from just bad behavior to actual sexual assault.  I have no idea if that is true.  If FP is terminated and feels that was unjust he has legal recourse also. 

And no this does not happen to people who behave themselves. 
I haven't read anywhere that she spoke to MASN or Washington Post.   The post article suggests MASN doesn't know the identity of the accuser.   I know there was an article in Athletic where they claimed to talk to the accuser, but not sure they know her identity, and it doesn't sound like a given that MLB knows her identity.   One part of the woman's complaints was that FP blocked her from contacting him at the time, which struck me as an odd complaint.   I don't think there is enough known about all of this to suggest it does not happen to people who behave themselves.   People can have all sorts of motives to post something like this, especially if they do it anonymously.