Author Topic: Harrisburg Senators - AA (2021)  (Read 1057 times)

Offline wj73

Re: Harrisburg Senators - AA (2021)
« Topic Start: May 14, 2021, 01:18:28 PM »
Welp - saw my second no hitter last night. My first was Jordan Zimmermann’s, which was wonderful to see. Last night, was not so wonderful as it was the Senators who were no hit in a combined no hitter. The Senators looked lost at the plate all night, and now have a team batting average of .118. A bright note was the pitching - Shannon Sharpe looked, well, sharp.

As for the ballpark, it’s a lovely little ballpark, located on a island in the middle of the Susquehanna River. It was very easy access off the interstate, with plenty of parking ($5). Staff were friendly and helpful, and beers were cheap compared to a major league park ($7.50 for a 16 oz Yeungling). Elvir was right about the sun - it sets over the 1st base side, and if you’re sitting on the 3rd base side you look directly into it as you look towards the batter. I will definitely get tix either behind home or on the 1st base side next time. I had better luck than you did, Welch, with the food. I got something called the Smoky Joe, which was a spicy smoked sausage with peppers and onions. It was very good. Mr wj73 got a slice of pizza which he said was hot and pretty good for ballpark pizza. There was a stand called The Spot, which had all kinds of hot dogs with various fancy toppings. I may try one of those next time.

Despite the no hitter, I had a good time and am looking forward to going back. This was my first ballgame since the 2019 M&G. It was a glorious feeling to be back in a ballpark.

(Edited -Sterling Sharpe, not Shannon Sharpe. Doh!)