Author Topic: Roster Moves - 2021  (Read 15043 times)

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Re: Roster Moves - 2021
« Reply #125: June 21, 2021, 09:01:20 AM »
Espino has been dfa’d the other times right?   He’s proving to be a useful mlb pitcher.  I wonder if we’d lose him if we did that again?

Yeah, I'd imagine he'd be gone.  There enough teams looking for help that he'd get a major league deal somewhere.  A 2.28 from a guy who can handle multiple innings is what it is, even coming from a short, thick, inexperienced 34-year-old junkballer. But Espino can be optioned if what is needed is a spot on the 26. 

for now, Rodriguez can be sent down when Max is back.  No immediate need to add to the 40 man.  Maybe Machado or Rodriguez, the recent adds, would be axed before Romero.  As for the next add, I think OF and Catcher are the thin spots on the roster that could require juggling.  Just Barrera and Yadiel for healthy depth off the active roster.

He's out of options.  Doesn't matter if you're trying to get a 40-man space at the same time.  But if you need a 26 space and not a 40, Espino might go first because he has options.  And Machado should go first from the 40 if that's the need.