Author Topic: MASN is killing Nat's fan base  (Read 5799 times)

Offline nfotiu

Re: MASN is killing Nat's fan base
« Reply #25: May 01, 2021, 02:48:31 PM »
Where is FP?  I know Bob talked about taking time off, but they don't seem to be saying much about FP?   Was he too mean to Kolko?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #26: May 01, 2021, 03:31:27 PM »
Where is FP?  I know Bob talked about taking time off, but they don't seem to be saying much about FP?   Was he too mean to Kolko?

He’s off social media as well. Hope he’s ok.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #27: May 01, 2021, 03:34:13 PM »
Might be contractual reasons?

Could be, but they've used him before on telecasts.  He did a fine job, certainly better than anyone else who's ever filled in for Carp.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #28: May 01, 2021, 03:36:20 PM »
Not using Dave Jaegler is just dumb

Except for the radio audience. Plus you really don't need to see Dave Jaegler.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #29: May 01, 2021, 03:38:39 PM »
He’s off social media as well. Hope he’s ok.
I heard Czaban say this morning it’s some sort of Covid tracing issue.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #30: May 01, 2021, 03:51:16 PM »
I heard Czaban say this morning it’s some sort of Covid tracing issue.
Weird, he had talked about getting his vaccinations a while ago.  I thought that removed the need for isolation.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #31: May 01, 2021, 03:54:53 PM »
Except for the radio audience. Plus you really don't need to see Dave Jaegler.
How much have we really seen Kolko?

Offline CynBeth

« Reply #32: May 01, 2021, 05:12:30 PM »
Thank you for asking that I have been wondering where FP is.  I also had heard about Bob being off but no mention of him so was concerned.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #33: May 02, 2021, 09:58:59 AM »
MASN should really get at least one experienced person in the booth. Nothing against Kolko, Justin or Grant (who’s in again today) but they shouldn’t have two people in the booth who haven’t done games before. You need one experienced broadcaster who can help carry the rookie in the booth. Otherwise it’s really the blind leading the blind. I missed Grant yesterday but he does at least know his stuff. Curious as to what others thought.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #34: May 02, 2021, 10:14:29 AM »
MASN should really get at least one experienced person in the booth. Nothing against Kolko, Justin or Grant (who’s in again today) but they shouldn’t have two people in the booth who haven’t done games before. You need one experienced broadcaster who can help carry the rookie in the booth. Otherwise it’s really the blind leading the blind. I missed Grant yesterday but he does at least know his stuff. Curious as to what others thought.
It's apparently an emergency.  What would you have them do?  How many experienced baseball broadcasters are in town.  We can survive for a few days.  It's not really a big deal.  Listen to the radio broadcast. 

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #35: May 02, 2021, 10:33:26 AM »
It's apparently an emergency.  What would you have them do?  How many experienced baseball broadcasters are in town.  We can survive for a few days.  It's not really a big deal.  Listen to the radio broadcast. 

I’m really just bashing MASN, not seriously complaining. I haven’t been able to watch much lately but it was a bit tough to watch Dan and Justin the other night. That’s where someone like Johnny Holiday would’ve been good. And, like others, I’m curious as to why Dave didn’t slide over to the TV booth.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #36: May 02, 2021, 10:40:54 AM »
I’m really just bashing MASN, not seriously complaining. I haven’t been able to watch much lately but it was a bit tough to watch Dan and Justin the other night. That’s where someone like Johnny Holiday would’ve been good. And, like others, I’m curious as to why Dave didn’t slide over to the TV booth.
I understand.  Johnny was not so great his last time in the booth. 

Offline Slateman

« Reply #37: May 02, 2021, 11:10:00 AM »
Dave Jaegler is right next door and he's done more TV broadcasts than everyone else they've sub'd in combined

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #38: May 02, 2021, 11:12:02 AM »
Dave Jaegler is right next door and he's done more TV broadcasts than everyone else they've sub'd in combined
I guess Charlie would be lonely.  Knowing MASN probably cheaper the way they did. 

Offline Slateman

« Reply #39: May 02, 2021, 11:13:45 AM »
I guess Charlie would be lonely.  Knowing MASN probably cheaper the way they did. 
Charlie has done a solo booth before. And Pete Methurst is more than capable of filling in.

This is about MASN not giving a freak about the quality of their broadcast

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #40: May 02, 2021, 11:16:59 AM »
I wonder if MASN has a succession plan in place. It sounds like Bob may be nearing retirement and, at the very least, he’s going to be taking more time off. Are they grooming Kolko for his job?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #41: May 02, 2021, 11:59:57 AM »
I wonder if MASN has a succession plan in place. It sounds like Bob may be nearing retirement and, at the very least, he’s going to be taking more time off. Are they grooming Kolko for his job?

AFAIK...Kolko is no longer a MASN employee, but a Nats employee.  Don't know what difference that may make though...

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #42: May 02, 2021, 12:25:22 PM »
I think Kolko could grow into a pretty decent play by play guy. 

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #43: May 02, 2021, 12:51:57 PM »
I think so.  I would rather see Dave take Bob's place.  Dan could do radio with Charlie. 

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #44: May 02, 2021, 12:52:30 PM »
AFAIK...Kolko is no longer a MASN employee, but a Nats employee.  Don't know what difference that may make though...
MASN will hire anyone who works cheap. 

Offline Duke of Earl

Pee Wee Herman
« Reply #45: May 02, 2021, 02:32:21 PM »
Not a Bob and FP fan but these two jerks really make me appreciate them.  Pee Wee, not so bad but just plain boring, puts me to sleep.  It's that other slob (who is it? I don't even know) his voice is so annoying I've finally turned off the sound.

Offline hvillehokie

Re: Pee Wee Herman
« Reply #46: May 02, 2021, 02:55:40 PM »
Grant Paulsen is fantastic.  One of the few local journalists who really covers the nats.  He understands the modern game and all the analytics.  I'd love to have him in the booth full time.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #47: May 02, 2021, 03:25:40 PM »
CSB

Offline Duke of Earl

« Reply #48: May 02, 2021, 03:34:06 PM »

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #49: May 02, 2021, 03:37:06 PM »
Christian Standard Bible?

:shrug:

Anyway, it’s Grant Paulson who hosts afternoons on 106.7. He’s done PxP for arena football, he hosts a baseball show on Sirius XM and done TV pre/post game for the Caps. He knows his stuff but his voice is hard to take sometimes.

And by sometimes I mean almost all the time.