Author Topic: MASN is killing Nat's fan base  (Read 5777 times)

Offline Turnertheburner

MASN is killing Nat's fan base
« Topic Start: April 02, 2021, 09:05:45 PM »
I live in North Carolina and a BIG Nat's and Trea Turner fan.

MASN keeps cutting out options for fans to see Nat's games. Where I live I only had 2 TV providers who carry MASN because of contract disputes, Directv and Dish. I can't watch Nats games by subscribing MLB.TV because Nats games are blacked out here.

Because of increased rates I switched from Directv to Dish on 3/16/21. Two days ago after signing a 2 year agreement I was notified Dish and MASN couldn't come to a contract agreement so MASN would no longer be provided. What a crock of _hit .... I'm stuck with a 2 year contract with Dish and can't see Nat's games. That is 90% of the only thing I would have watched with Dish service.

MASN can't/won't agree to contracts with Spectrum or any other providers so fans are left with almost no options. I love the Nats but hoping Trea elects FA and plays elsewhere in 2023 so I can follow/watch him.   

Offline Mattionals

Re: MASN is killing Nat's fan base
« Reply #1: April 03, 2021, 12:41:38 PM »
Have you considered paying for a VPN service? They are pretty easy to use nowadays and fairly inexpensive. You can log into a server in a non-blacked out area and watch on MLB.TV.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #2: April 03, 2021, 12:43:17 PM »
Its 2021. If you havent figured out how to watch games and get around MASN'd bullcrap, you dont really care about this team

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #3: April 03, 2021, 12:44:17 PM »

MASN keeps cutting out options for fans to see Nat's games. Where I live I only had 2 TV providers who carry MASN because of contract disputes, Directv and Dish. I can't watch Nats games by subscribing MLB.TV because Nats games are blacked out here.

Because of increased rates I switched from Directv to Dish on 3/16/21. Two days ago after signing a 2 year agreement I was notified Dish and MASN couldn't come to a contract agreement so MASN would no longer be provided. What a crock of _hit .... I'm stuck with a 2 year contract with Dish and can't see Nat's games. That is 90% of the only thing I would have watched with Dish service.

MASN can't/won't agree to contracts with Spectrum or any other providers so fans are left with almost no options. I love the Nats but hoping Trea elects FA and plays elsewhere in 2023 so I can follow/watch him.   
I wonder if there's an out so quickly.  The corporation had to have had knowledge of negotiations with MASN at the time you signed up and they did not disclose it to you. Ought to ask them and CC either the NC AG, any relevant regulatory bureau (consumer protection or public utilities).  They probably aren't so desperate to keep your money that they will not let you out or offer something.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #4: April 03, 2021, 12:53:51 PM »

I agree with JCA.  That doesn't seem right, and I'd think that you could get out of it if you made a big enough stink.

AT&T no contract streaming service for $85 including hbo for a year, is a decent option if you get out of the dish contract.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #5: April 03, 2021, 09:54:23 PM »
Have you considered paying for a VPN service? They are pretty easy to use nowadays and fairly inexpensive. You can log into a server in a non-blacked out area and watch on MLB.TV.

Tried and failed. the MLB.TV app now knows that your browser is running VPN spoofing software.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #6: April 04, 2021, 09:47:22 AM »
So where do you live in NC ?  Those of us in OBX are seeing the Nats on MASN through the Norfolk area

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #7: April 04, 2021, 10:40:30 AM »
Tried and failed. the MLB.TV app now knows that your browser is running VPN spoofing software.

Does it?  I have two computers - one work (runs on a VPN) and one home (doesn't).  MLB.tv doesn't say boo when I watch stuff on the work computer. 

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #8: April 04, 2021, 10:50:02 AM »
They are forcing people to free streams.  And the best news is they are free.   :)

Offline Turnertheburner

« Reply #9: April 04, 2021, 12:38:23 PM »
Well I called and spoke with several Dish people. They wouldn't budge on the termination fee ($480.00). Thankfully I use virtual CC #'s when doing any business over the internet so I just deleted that card. When they go to hit it for $480 + postage for returning their equipment (insult to injury) it will just fail. My current credit score is 830 so if I decide to not eventually pay it I will take a hit but not sure I care at this point in my life.

I thought about using a VPN with MLBTV a long time ago but heard they had gotten much better at detecting them so didn't want to throw $200 away to watch 29 other teams play.

Anyway thanks to poster who mentioned ATT-TV. I totally overlooked the fact that they carry MASN. I got it up and running this morning so now if we can just get the players well I'll once again be a happy camper. I still feel like MASN is the Nationals worst enemy.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #10: April 04, 2021, 12:48:05 PM »
Well I called and spoke with several Dish people. They wouldn't budge on the termination fee ($480.00). Thankfully I use virtual CC #'s when doing any business over the internet so I just deleted that card. When they go to hit it for $480 + postage for returning their equipment (insult to injury) it will just fail. My current credit score is 830 so if I decide to not eventually pay it I will take a hit but not sure I care at this point in my life.

I thought about using a VPN with MLBTV a long time ago but heard they had gotten much better at detecting them so didn't want to throw $200 away to watch 29 other teams play.

Anyway thanks to poster who mentioned ATT-TV. I totally overlooked the fact that they carry MASN. I got it up and running this morning so now if we can just get the players well I'll once again be a happy camper. I still feel like MASN is the Nationals worst enemy.

Call or go on line with your credit card company to challenge the charge when it occurs.  That will at least slow them down and you never know.  Can't hurt. 

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #11: April 04, 2021, 01:33:13 PM »

Look through your contracts for the arbitration provision and send whatever letter to them that you have to to start the process. I’d personally say that I’m willing to settle for them waiving the cancellation fee, but if they aren’t willing to settle, I’ll want treble the fee based on their fraud. Honestly, it’s not worth it for them to take the time to respond - they’ll probably just let you cancel

Online Five Banners

« Reply #12: April 04, 2021, 01:41:22 PM »
I still feel like MASN is the Nationals worst enemy.

When you learn the history of its formation, you may see much that might reinforce that feeling

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #13: April 04, 2021, 01:49:36 PM »
When you learn the history of its formation, you may see much that might reinforce that feeling

My telly at home has never been tuned to MASN. As long as I've got Charlie and Dave, I've got Nats baseball.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #14: April 04, 2021, 03:59:36 PM »
I've almost fallen asleep at the ballpark urinal listening to the dulcet tones of C&D  :lol:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #15: April 04, 2021, 04:07:23 PM »
You can do MLB.TV monthly. I was able to stream a half an inning of an Os game this afternoon.  I'm going to get an old Chromebook I have set up with a VPN program and Chromecast to the TV - I'll use it for nothing else so nothing will disturb it's location. I think I've figured out the wrinkles, but this will work.

I'll go month-to-month, so if they tighten the screws, well.

Offline Turnertheburner

« Reply #16: April 07, 2021, 09:30:56 AM »
Look through your contracts for the arbitration provision and send whatever letter to them that you have to to start the process. I’d personally say that I’m willing to settle for them waiving the cancellation fee, but if they aren’t willing to settle, I’ll want treble the fee based on their fraud. Honestly, it’s not worth it for them to take the time to respond - they’ll probably just let you cancel

Thank you for that recommendation, I did just that and received a call from DISK corporate yesterday saying they were waving the $480 termination fee.  :w:

Online Slateman

« Reply #17: April 07, 2021, 09:49:27 AM »

Uh .... they will mail you a bill and then send it to a collection agency

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #18: April 07, 2021, 11:47:55 AM »

This Sports Betting pre-game segment blows...

Online Five Banners

« Reply #19: April 07, 2021, 12:06:21 PM »
This Sports Betting pre-game segment

Perhaps they can have kids from the Nationals Academy have a Junior Bookie segment to complete the ever-tilting focus

Online Kenkeni

« Reply #20: April 07, 2021, 12:44:30 PM »
forget about MASN and MLBTV using a VPN.  I'm using KEMO IPTV.  Both MASNs and all sports channels.  $12/month. 

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #21: April 07, 2021, 01:43:35 PM »
Crackstreams

Any sport nearly foolproof.

Great for screwing over Dana white and his $70 pay per views for ufc

Online Slateman

« Reply #22: May 01, 2021, 01:39:07 PM »
Not using Dave Jaegler is just dumb