Author Topic: When is it not good to be positive about something? COVID & the Nats  (Read 13837 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Makeup dates:

June 19, spilt DH
June 28 (mutual off day)
September 4, split DH

All at Nats Park

I do not like split doubleheaders if the games are only 7 innings. Really sucks to charge full freight for two-thirds of a game.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I saw that they all got put on the 10-day IL on the 6th (yesterday) but I didn’t see anything indicating they were retroactive moves. Maybe you’re not allowed to have an effective date prior to your first game?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/#month=4&year=2021&team_id=120

EDIT: I see Will Harris is retroactive to 3/29 but no one else is.
for covid, you don't go on  the 10 day or 60 day DL.  You go on for the length of time needed to deal with the positive or the exposure.

Offline eastie

I do not like split doubleheaders if the games are only 7 innings. Really sucks to charge full freight for two-thirds of a game.
Especially if you paid a premium for OD seats and get 7 innings of a mid-season Mets series to show for it  :shock:

Offline Duke of Earl

I no longer go to games, but if I did I'd be boiling mad if they rescheduled a postponed game that I had tickets for as a single 7-inning game.   There ought to be a fan revolt over this.

Offline Natsinpwc

I no longer go to games, but if I did I'd be boiling mad if they rescheduled a postponed game that I had tickets for as a single 7-inning game.   There ought to be a fan revolt over this.
I will assume that if they have a split DH both games will be 9 innings.  But that would make sense so who knows.

Offline nfotiu

I will assume that if they have a split DH both games will be 9 innings.  But that would make sense so who knows.
I thought it was an mlb rule all the DHs are 7 innings again this year.   They really should be traditional DHs though.   Ticket cost aside (and yeah that's a problem too), who even wants to go to all the trouble of getting to the game, parking, subway, etc for a single 7 inning game.   Traditional DHs would make for a pretty good fan experience, I'd think.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

All doubleheaders are 7 innings this year.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

They should reduce ticket prices accordingly.

Offline Natsinpwc

Wow. That’s sad.

Offline imref

Alex Avila, Yan Gomes, Brad Hand and Jordy Mercer all reinstated.

Which means we probably know who had COVID, and who was simply quarantined.

Offline Mattionals

Jon Lester, Patrick Corbin, Josh Harrison, Josh Bell and Kyle Schwarber. Let's hope they are all asymptomatic and test negative soon.

Offline rbw5t

This. 100%.

I don't like 7-inning games, but that's probably because we just lost two of them.  If we'd swept that double header, then maybe I'd love 7 inning games.

Offline rugbyflanker

• OllllllO

Guess we find out what happens to Lucroy (and his quest for 10 years service time) today...

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Guess we find out what happens to Lucroy (and his quest for 10 years service time) today...
Gotta think that if he does reasonably well, someone will pick him up

Offline imref

Nats approved for up to 25% capacity!!!

Good news for all the other teams as well:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/04/09/wizards-capitals-fans/

Offline imref

Per Camerato, Davey said he's 'hopeful' that the remaining four players out for COVID will get clearance to return in the next 24 hours, he expects Lester to go to Fredericksburg to get ready

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Bell, Schwarber, and Harrison back and in the line up. 

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Most of the team got vaccinated today. Shame they had a better opportunity on the road than in their home city...

Offline hotshot

Most of the team got vaccinated today. Shame they had a better opportunity on the road than in their home city...
Best news in a long time. The way things are in Florida, I'm surprised all the teams training there didn't get it done before breaking camp. Some did, I suspect.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

I'd have to hear a story about this from the Post or something before I'd believe that Mayor Bowser wasn't on board with vaccinating them in DC.  Maybe because most of them were already in quarantien?

Offline Copecwby20

I tagged the Nats on twitter and they have yet to respond regarding this. I fully plan on dragging my ticket rep into a broom closet this Friday and expressing my displeasure in how they handled it.

Offline imref

They got J&J. And this morning the CDC and FDA announced they recommend pausing that vaccine due to rare blood clots.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline imref

Per Dougherty, one vaccinated player has tested positive but is asymptomatic, one more is in quarantine.