Author Topic: When is it not good to be positive about something? COVID & the Nats  (Read 13645 times)

Online Natsinpwc

And Yadiel Hernandez and a catcher.

https://twitter.com/dougherty_jesse

So, catcher, OF, Middle infielder, LHP so far.

Soto and Max are the only 2 who've said it isn't them.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
He might need to be short stop the way this is going.

He played it in college iirc.

Online imref

Barrera and Clay are called up per Dougherty.

Online imref

Braves going to 50% capacity starting 4/23. Hopefully the Nats increase attendance as well.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Braves going to 50% capacity starting 4/23. Hopefully the Nats increase attendance as well.

I don't see Bowser going to 50% anytime soon. It took them until almost the last minute just to get 5,000 approved. They're not going to quadruple that in a matter of just a couple of weeks.

Offline nfotiu

I wonder if they'll ever roll out verified vaccinated sections.   

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
I wonder if they'll ever roll out verified vaccinated sections.   

There is one team that's doing just that thing.  I *think* it might've been Tampa. Or was it Oakland? But it is just coming online.

Edit - found it. The Miami Heat.

Online imref

I don't see Bowser going to 50% anytime soon. It took them until almost the last minute just to get 5,000 approved. They're not going to quadruple that in a matter of just a couple of weeks.

Lerner says the team is already in talks with DC to increase capacity as soon as April 15 - https://curlyw.mlblogs.com/a-letter-to-nationals-fans-from-mark-d-lerner-49f174abf89d

Offline Duke of Earl

I understand and sympathize with privacy concerns, but isn't it futile (and silly) to try to keep it a secret who these players are.  We'll know as soon as we know the current roster.

Online Natsinpwc

I understand and sympathize with privacy concerns, but isn't it futile (and silly) to try to keep it a secret who these players are.  We'll know as soon as we know the current roster.
You won’t know which one has Covid and which ones are just in quarantine.

Online Natsinpwc

Still no line on the Nats game.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline nfotiu

https://www.oddsshark.com/mlb/odds

Are those places actually taking bets?  I don't know how you could allow betting on a game where not everyone has the same information.

Online imref

Olney tweets that today's game is postponed due to COVID issues, hopefully it's not an April Fools joke.

Offline UMDNats

Game postponed. Cardinals are 80% vaccinated but our stupid asses are postponing opening day.

Online imref

Manfred confirms the postponement on ESPN, not an April Fools joke.  This is why we can't have nice things.

Offline nfotiu

If we can't play today, we probably can't play for a week, can we?   I guess there were more positive tests?

Online Natsinpwc

I am shocked anyone caught the virus in Florida. We conquered it here.

Online imref

Passan: "there are concerns about at least one more positive COVID-19 test with the Nationals"

If we can't play today, we probably can't play for a week, can we?   I guess there were more positive tests?

Yeah, i'd guess we aren't playing for a week at least. If you had infected people on that charter flight, everyone will need to be quarantined.

Online Natsinpwc

The funny thing about this is that the geniuses at ESPN and MLB has no other games scheduled at 7. So ESPN has a big hole in its opening day lineup.

Online imref

The funny thing about this is that the geniuses at ESPN and MLB has no other games scheduled at 7. So ESPN has a big hole in its opening day lineup.

I'm sure they can just have Stephen A Smith rant for an hour.

Online Natsinpwc

I'm sure they can just have Screamin A Smith rant for an hour.

Online Natsinpwc

I’m sure no one could have caught it on the flight because the airlines have told us how great the air circulation systems are.

Online Natsinpwc

A little confused by this as to where they actually got the vaccine. And they certainly would not have immunity after a couple of days even with the J&J vaccine.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/sports/mlb/stl-cardinals/st-louis-cardinals-covid19-vaccines/63-1bcaedb7-86d1-49dd-b87c-931c1fe2a184