Author Topic: When is it not good to be positive about something? COVID & the Nats  (Read 13891 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
The purpose of a union is to protect the freedom and pay and best interestsof union members
Freedom is not what unions are about.  They're about compromising "freedom" to contract for collective protection. 

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
The Nats were one of the teams that early on got the J&J shot in St L. I think that Turner and a few others that got infected this summer said they were vaxxed. It is interesting that it now looks like the J&J is substantially less effective at maintaining anti bodies than the mRNA vaxxes. The data from the panel yesterday said that effectiveness starts to wane within 2months. In contrast to the mRNA, they are saying boost 2months out, and boost everyone, not just old and high risk. Personally, I think the Cards wereout to sabotage the other teams. ;) But it may explain the Nats continuing positives this summer

Online Natsinpwc

The Nats were one of the teams that early on got the J&J shot in St L. I think that Turner and a few others that got infected this summer said they were vaxxed. It is interesting that it now looks like the J&J is substantially less effective at maintaining anti bodies than the mRNA vaxxes. The data from the panel yesterday said that effectiveness starts to wane within 2months. In contrast to the mRNA, they are saying boost 2months out, and boost everyone, not just old and high risk. Personally, I think the Cards wereout to sabotage the other teams. ;) But it may explain the Nats continuing positives this summer
I think most teams in most sports took the J&J vaccine?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I think most teams in most sports took the J&J vaccine?
yes, and there just seemed to be a lot of break throughs on teams. The Red Sox had a big problem in late August/early September.