Author Topic: Weather for upcoming Nats matches (2021-2022 Edition)  (Read 5134 times)

Offline Copecwby20

Not looking too promising for tonight on weather.com: currently predicting 48% chance of precip at first pitch and over 70% continuously from 20.00 to midnight.

Looking better for Saturday and Sunday thus far, with no higher than a 20% chance of precip from 09.00 Saturday morning through 12 noon Sunday.

Thank you, I was wondering if I should get on the train tonight but it looks like I'll stay home.

Offline Duke of Earl

Thank you, I was wondering if I should get on the train tonight but it looks like I'll stay home.
What I'm seeing right now on weather.com is 45, 46, 40, 32 percent chance of rain at 7, 8, 9, and 10 respectively. I think there's a better than 50% chance they get the game in.

Online Five Banners

Not looking too promising for tonight on weather.com: currently predicting 48% chance of precip at first pitch and over 70% continuously from 20.00 to midnight.

Looking better for Saturday and Sunday thus far, with no higher than a 20% chance of precip from 09.00 Saturday morning through 12 noon Sunday.

They can just keep lopping off innings

Offline nfotiu

They can just keep lopping off innings

Just go with time limits.   Can't start an inning after 1:45.  My son's u13 team got 3 games in on Sunday.

Offline Duke of Earl

Just go with time limits.   Can't start an inning after 1:45. 
Slaughter rule too. Team up by 7 runs, game over.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Slaughter rule too. Team up by 7 runs, game over.

can we get a Corbin handicap on that?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
can we get a Corbin handicap on that?
Only in Colorado.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Should be OK by gametime:

Philadelphia PA
Today: Showers, mainly before 5pm. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 74. Northwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Tonight: A chance of showers, mainly before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 55. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Offline Turnertheburner

Should be OK by gametime:

Philadelphia PA
Today: Showers, mainly before 5pm. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 74. Northwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Tonight: A chance of showers, mainly before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 55. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

as long as they don't forget to put the darn tarp on  :mg:

Offline imref

more than a 70% chance of thunderstorms from 7 PM onward tonight. Friday looks good.

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/dc/washington

Offline aspenbubba

more than a 70% chance of thunderstorms from 7 PM onward tonight. Friday looks good.

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/dc/washington

Is the storm over or is it a line of storms lasting into the evening. I need to know if there isn't a game tonite so I can start drinking now.

Offline imref

according to my Storm Radar app, the next line of storms should hit DC around 8-8:30 PM, so I assume they at least start the game on time.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Better play it safe and get started.
I need to know if there isn't a game tonite so I can start drinking now.

Offline imref

Better play it safe and get started.

that's always the correct choice.

Offline Dave in Fairfax

The updated forecasts seem to be lowering the chance of rain between 7 and 10 PM, though still in the 40-50% range, with the 90-100% forecasts being pushed back to 11 PM on. I suppose this means they will try to play and hope for the best?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

It's pouring in the Fashionable West End of Henrico County...

Offline Dave in Fairfax

Angels @ Yankees and Marlins @ Phillies have been postponed. Their forecasts were worse, though. The first wave of storms passed through Fairfax a while ago and the sun is actually peeking through, though it is mostly cloudy.

Offline Natsinpwc

It's pouring in the Fashionable West End of Henrico County...
Raining in Orlando also.  But that happens every day at this time.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

I remember it well...lived there from 1985 to 1997...

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
And OKC

Offline Natsinpwc

I remember it well...lived there from 1985 to 1997...
I knew it rained here but assumed it was those light afternoon mauka showers. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
There is a line out in W. Va. I am not sure when it is due

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
I knew it rained here but assumed it was those light afternoon mauka showers.

Nah, brah...

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Not looking too promising for Saturday's match (a 19.05 first pitch)...weather.com has 64% or higher chance of rain from 15.00 through 21.00.

Offline imref

Not looking too promising for Saturday's match (a 19.05 first pitch)...weather.com has 64% or higher chance of rain from 15.00 through 21.00.

Wunderground shows rain / scattered t-storms through most of Sunday afternoon as well.