Author Topic: Weather for upcoming Nats matches (2021-2022 Edition)  (Read 5131 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I think I saw a girl and her dog Toto just fly by

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
weather.com currently predicting 63% chance of precip (thunderstorms) at first pitch, with scattered thunderstorms (at least 40% chance throughout) the rest of the day.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

They'd better get it in. I've got tickets for the 4:00 Thursday game (where the weather looks great with a high of 68) and I don't want it changed to be part of split doubleheader where I get ripped off with only seven innings.

Severe Thunderstorm Watch just issued a minute ago. We'll see...

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Would they be able to do a split doubleheader without pushing up the 4:00 start?  I guess the place is easier to empty out these days. 
They'd better get it in. I've got tickets for the 4:00 Thursday game (where the weather looks great with a high of 68) and I don't want it changed to be part of split doubleheader where I get ripped off with only seven innings.

Severe Thunderstorm Watch just issued a minute ago. We'll see...

Offline Natsinpwc

weather.com currently predicting 63% chance of precip (thunderstorms) at first pitch, with scattered thunderstorms (at least 40% chance throughout) the rest of the day.
We will beat the odds. No problema. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
severe TS watch tonight until 8 PM per NWS
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 148 IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS

DC, PG, Montgomery, Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
wicked line of storms moving through western Prince William now, we're under a severe storm warning until around 4:45 PM, it looks like everything should be well clear of DC by 6:30 PM so hopefully the game starts on time or only has a short delay.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

wicked line of storms moving through western Prince William now, we're under a severe storm warning until around 4:45 PM, it looks like everything should be well clear of DC by 6:30 PM so hopefully the game starts on time or only has a short delay.

Just came here to post this. Looks like everything will move through from west to east over the next couple of hours.

Offline Natsinpwc

Storms going through eastern prince William county now. 

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
severe TS watch tonight until 8 PM per NWS
DC, PG, Montgomery, Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax

Rainin' like a MoFo in The Fashionable West End of Henrico County...

Offline imref

Storms going through eastern prince William county now. 

clear in the west

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
we were drenched in CC about 30 minutes ago but now it seems to have stopped.  If this is just a 1 and done storm front, then the game should start about on time.

Offline OldChelsea

Despite all the rain we're getting today, weather.com right now is only calling for 2% chance of precip at first pitch, and nil for the rest of today. Also 0% chance of precip all through normal match time tomorrow.

Offline OldChelsea

Looking pretty decent for games 1 and 3 of the upcoming Reds home series, but game 2 could be iffy with (currently) 50% chance of rain.

Offline OldChelsea

For Game 2, 26th May: now 40% chance of rain at first pitch and in the 30s-40s percentage range for the rest of the evening.

UPDATING AT 14.00: weather.com now calling for 59% at first pitch (scattered thundersorms) and 72% at 20.00 (thunderstorms), below 50% the rest of the way. So there may be a delay but they should ultimately get this in.

Offline imref

my weather app shows a decent cell passing over DC around 8-8:30 PM

Offline OldChelsea

Not looking too good for either tonight or Saturday...weather.com has chance of precip at 50% or higher from 15.00 today all the way into the wee hours Sunday morning; chances at 70% or higher all through this evening.

Offline Natsinpwc

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Might be tough to get in 2 Sunday with travel for both teams

Offline imref

Might be tough to get in 2 Sunday with travel for both teams

they'd have to start early, play a true DH (7 innings) starting at say 11 AM and they should be fine.

Offline imref

Postponed

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Forecast isn't much better tomorrow.  And this 7 inning rule is utter crap.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Postponed
rescheduled for Saturday 2 PM.  I figure  they get maybe one game in tomorrow, then maybe try to get some innings in on the other game?

Offline Duke of Earl

And this 7 inning rule is utter crap.
If I bought tickets for a single game, and a day before the game found out it was to be shortened to seven innings, I’d be furious. I don’t know why fans put up with this.

Offline Natsinpwc

If I bought tickets for a single game, and a day before the game found out it was to be shortened to seven innings, I’d be furious. I don’t know why fans put up with this.
Most fans leave at that time anyway.