Author Topic: Nationals @ Twins, Game 3  (Read 20193 times)

Offline ronnynat

Re: Nationals @ Twins, Game 3
« Reply #425: June 10, 2007, 05:14:22 PM »
Nice but it better not take that long (considering ticket prices for the new stadium). I like the lion part of it better.

I have all of the patience in the world for this team. I could take (but, of course, don't want) some down seasons. It'll happen...eventually.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #426: June 10, 2007, 05:14:53 PM »
Ya, I'm def happy with 2 of 3 @ the twins! We just got done with the Twinkies now it's time to own the Oreos.

Pass the milk baby!

Offline nyexpofan

« Reply #427: June 10, 2007, 05:15:57 PM »
and here's Kearns - strike 1 - strike 2
but he's hanging tough

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #428: June 10, 2007, 05:17:13 PM »
Meh ... twins got a gift today - as much as they've been stinking up the yard lately i guess this is the only way they can win - looking forward to feasting on some yard bird in Camden ...  time to mow the lawn for me ... have a good day all!!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #429: June 10, 2007, 05:17:18 PM »
Kearns hits more hard shots right at fielders than anybody I've ever seen.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #430: June 10, 2007, 05:17:22 PM »
Game over:
Nationals 3
Evil Twins 6

Offline nyexpofan

« Reply #431: June 10, 2007, 05:17:34 PM »
but he's hanging tough
even tho he made another out - it was a major legue at bat - we took 2 of 3 we gotta be happy

Offline PC

« Reply #432: June 10, 2007, 05:17:37 PM »
...and it ends meekly, 1-2-3.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #433: June 10, 2007, 05:17:41 PM »
Well, 2 of 3 is great. See some of you on Tuesday on here.

Go Nats!

Offline nyexpofan

« Reply #434: June 10, 2007, 05:19:46 PM »
Kearns hits more hard shots right at fielders than anybody I've ever seen.
eventually some will fall in -

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #435: June 10, 2007, 05:21:36 PM »
It's a good thing we have an off day tomorrow.  With all the severe weather alerts that were popping up on the MN broadcast of the game, they aren't getting out of there anytime soon.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #436: June 10, 2007, 05:26:25 PM »
Ah well I'm not complaining about 2 out 3 of, especially after the robbery we committed last night.  A sweep would've been nice, but statistically we are very unlikely to get many of those.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #437: June 10, 2007, 05:36:41 PM »
I have all of the patience in the world for this team. I could take (but, of course, don't want) some down seasons. It'll happen...eventually.

I'm proud of our guys for this series, but as far as your statement: I demand a winner.  If you don't demand a winner, then you won't get one.  The Nats, as a major league team, have to field a major league product.  I'm not saying they will, or don't, but IMO that attitude gets you nowhere.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #438: June 10, 2007, 05:53:19 PM »
I'm proud of our guys for this series, but as far as your statement: I demand a winner.  If you don't demand a winner, then you won't get one.  The Nats, as a major league team, have to field a major league product.  I'm not saying they will, or don't, but IMO that attitude gets you nowhere.

In things which you have control, that is true.  Unfortunately, what we want has virtually no bearing in MLB and Selignomics.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #439: June 10, 2007, 05:58:07 PM »

My thought is that we, as fans, don't have as much to do with winning or losing as we may think. It comes down to the individuals on the team and how they work as a unit. You could demand a winner all you want, but you have as much of a chance as the next fan of actually getting one. IMO, the front office should be the ones making demands, not the fans. The whole "if you don't demand a winner, then you won't get one" thing doesn't do it for me...just look at the 2 World Series Marlins. It wasn't the demand from the fans by any means, it was all on the coaches and players.

Like I was talking about the other day w/ someone else on another board, the bandwagoners are the ones that make the New Yorks and the Bostons..those "extra fans". We'll have those once we get our team in place, there's no doubt about that. Just watch the change in attendance and even on these forums. The new, "devoted" fans will come from all corners of the country.

Anyways, I think we all want the same end product...a successful ballclub.

Go Nats!

« Reply #440: June 10, 2007, 06:08:24 PM »
My thought is that we, as fans, don't have as much to do with winning or losing as we may think. It comes down to the individuals on the team and how they work as a unit. You could demand a winner all you want, but you have as much of a chance as the next fan of actually getting one. IMO, the front office should be the ones making demands, not the fans. The whole "if you don't demand a winner, then you won't get one" thing doesn't do it for me...just look at the 2 World Series Marlins. It wasn't the demand from the fans by any means, it was all on the coaches and players.

Like I was talking about the other day w/ someone else on another board, the bandwagoners are the ones that make the New Yorks and the Bostons..those "extra fans". We'll have those once we get our team in place, there's no doubt about that. Just watch the change in attendance and even on these forums. The new, "devoted" fans will come from all corners of the country.

Anyways, I think we all want the same end product...a successful ballclub.

Go Nats!

:thumbs: :clap:

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #441: June 11, 2007, 12:43:26 PM »
My thought is that we, as fans, don't have as much to do with winning or losing as we may think.

I would hope fans don't think they have much of anything to do with winning and losing, period. I can't tell you how many times I have had Philly fans around me who suffer from the delusion that they somehow have an impact on what the team does. I shook my head and laughed at group of them one time when Ryan Howard got up to bat in the bottom of the 9th, and one of the ring leaders told his punk buddies, "Quiet, let's just let him do his thing." Unbelievable.

What fans can have an impact on ultimately is how an organization acts in terms of a commitment to building an organization. This can be a pretty complicated set of dynamics. Some owners are driven to be winners, some are driven by a combination of winning and money as the two are often intertwined. A community that seems to demand and respond to an organization committed to winning and general excellence can potentially have a different impact on an organization than a community that appears to tolerate and accept mediocrity. But ultimately, it is out of the control of the fan in so many ways. Certainly Steinbrenner is committed to doing whatever he thinks should be done to try and win at all cost, because he believes that his team should be in the WS every year. But does that come from his own desire, from an expectation that he believes the NY fan base has, or some combination? Then you have fans who want the same level of success but have an owner like Angelos who operates on a different level entirely. You never know.