Author Topic: WNFF M&G v4.0  (Read 4883 times)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Re: WNFF M&G v4.0
« Reply #125: September 20, 2021, 04:31:30 PM »
I'm glad we stayed for the Sunday game. By the time the M&G had broken up, Corbin had already blown away the game. What a difference to have Paolo E. start! And we sat almost directly behind the trajectory of Soto's 454 foot homer, which was a Frank Howard sort of drive.

More important, it was a delight to see the actual people behind the screen names!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #126: September 20, 2021, 04:57:55 PM »
I'm glad we stayed for the Sunday game. By the time the M&G had broken up, Corbin had already blown away the game. What a difference to have Paolo E. start! And we sat almost directly behind the trajectory of Soto's 454 foot homer, which was a Frank Howard sort of drive.

More important, it was a delight to see the actual people behind the screen names!
now be sure to take care of that Killebrew jersey!

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
« Reply #127: September 20, 2021, 07:07:37 PM »
Good to see the 'faces behind the names' - looks like a great time was had by all (aside from the result of the game...). Just a thought (albeit somewhat after the event) - I'm sure there are no end of technical reasons why not, but could thought be given to setting up a virtual link, for fans at distance, for future events? Then we could all 'attend', and say 'hello' (cats included...)  ;)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #128: September 20, 2021, 07:17:45 PM »
Good to see the 'faces behind the names' - looks like a great time was had by all (aside from the result of the game...). Just a thought (albeit somewhat after the event) - I'm sure there are no end of technical reasons why not, but could thought be given to setting up a virtual link, for fans at distance, for future events? Then we could all 'attend', and say 'hello' (cats included...)  ;)

Promise to wear pants?

Offline English Natsie

« Reply #129: September 20, 2021, 07:24:10 PM »
Promise to wear pants?

Absolutely - but, given my liking for exotic coloured / patterned trousers, those are dangerous words... :hysterical: 

Although we hope that, next season, Players Will Be Trying Sufficiently...

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #130: September 20, 2021, 07:51:18 PM »
I cannot help but think this is what we’ll see if you join us via zoom :lol:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #131: September 20, 2021, 07:51:59 PM »

Was wonderful to meet you, welch!

Offline English Natsie

« Reply #132: September 21, 2021, 05:33:34 AM »
I cannot help but think this is what we’ll see if you join us via zoom :lol:

(Image removed from quote.)

Depends on whether or not I could get my PC mouse out of Meowser's paws.... :D

Offline welch

« Reply #133: September 21, 2021, 08:28:02 AM »
now be sure to take care of that Killebrew jersey!

I wore it Sunday, when our new Killer hit that homer 454 feet. Harmon helps!

Offline welch

« Reply #134: September 21, 2021, 08:29:28 AM »
Was wonderful to meet you, welch!

And wonderful to meet you, Skippy!

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #135: September 22, 2021, 07:06:22 PM »
Postscript...NatNasty and Mrs. NatNasty were waylaid in Springfield by a tire issue that they couldn't get resolved prior to game time.  They send their regrets and said the steaks are on them next year...

Looks like a good time was had by all!  Nice tribute to MG & BiL.  We were sorry to have missed seeing everybody.  I had a terrible week last week, and the tire issue 3/4 of the way there was just the icing on the cake. 

I'll provide steaks next year if VaRK helps me tape them to my body before entering the park.

Offline wj73

« Reply #136: September 22, 2021, 07:16:14 PM »
Great pics and what a nice tribute to Mathguy and BIL. Looks like everyone had a great time.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #137: October 21, 2021, 06:24:13 PM »
A little delayed as I have been busy getting settled in down here in one of the "free" states, but I wanted to thank everyone again for such a fun time. As always, my mom had a blast and I hope to make it out there next season with a better record and I plan on dragging my folks along if possible.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #138: October 21, 2021, 11:38:49 PM »
Had a great time!  The sign was a great idea!