Author Topic: Sports Betting  (Read 217 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Sports Betting
« Topic Start: February 26, 2021, 12:34:31 PM »
Has anyone used to GambetDC App in the district. It’s awful. Awful interface, awful odds, just awful. I guess it’s what happens when you don’t have a real competition.

Has anyone used anything else?

Online HalfSmokes

Re: Sports Betting
« Reply #1: February 26, 2021, 01:55:55 PM »
Has anyone used to GambetDC App in the district. It’s awful. Awful interface, awful odds, just awful. I guess it’s what happens when you don’t have a real competition.

Has anyone used anything else?

If you go to va, FanDuel is good. I have figured out how to bet certain thing (season mvp, that kind of thing), but the app is user friendly

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2: February 26, 2021, 02:47:36 PM »
I’ll check it out next time I’m in VA. It also might be worth it for me to ride my bike to Capital One and check out their book.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #3: February 27, 2021, 08:36:48 AM »
I’ll check it out next time I’m in VA. It also might be worth it for me to ride my bike to Capital One and check out their book.

I believe William Hill operates that. They have an app too.

I don’t know a darn thing about sports betting. I’d be throwing money away.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #4: February 27, 2021, 09:01:00 AM »
I put in 25 for the super bowl and lost, but then got $5 back and now I bet parlay with parlay insurance. I haven’t won, but my bet keeps getting refunded. I have no plans of putting more money in

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #5: February 27, 2021, 12:35:37 PM »
I believe William Hill operates that. They have an app too.

I don’t know a darn thing about sports betting. I’d be throwing money away.

I can't got about more than a minute on the web or social apps without seeing an ad for William hill.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #6: February 27, 2021, 01:29:03 PM »
I can't got about more than a minute on the web or social apps without seeing an ad for William hill.

Brick-and-mortar too - in central London there's practically one on every block.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #7: February 27, 2021, 01:47:46 PM »
Constant sports betting ads on TV lately, too, though maybe not quite as constant as GEICO and Liberty Mutual.

While I don’t plan on doing any betting, what is a good website to learn about it? I wouldn’t mind understanding what the various terminology means so it would make more sense when I hear references to it on TV.

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #8: February 27, 2021, 03:07:28 PM »
Watching the Caps / Devils game on Devils MSG, I've noticed that about half of all commercials are for one of three or four (!) sports betting systems. All arm-twisting sport of advertising, including one for Fanduel promising that "you" can still bet on this game, between 1st and 2nd periods. Suggesting all the different things you can bet on.

The game seems almost secondary to the betting.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #9: February 27, 2021, 04:44:57 PM »
Watching the Caps / Devils game on Devils MSG, I've noticed that about half of all commercials are for one of three or four (!) sports betting systems. All arm-twisting sport of advertising, including one for Fanduel promising that "you" can still bet on this game, between 1st and 2nd periods. Suggesting all the different things you can bet on.

Well. Yeah.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10: February 27, 2021, 06:04:43 PM »

I’m not watching Abeline Christian vs Central Arkansas because I’m a fan of the Southland Conference.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #11: February 27, 2021, 07:08:56 PM »
I’m not watching Abeline Christian vs Central Arkansas because I’m a fan of the Southland Conference.
You shouldn't be watching that even if you bet on it.