Author Topic: how are you handling your 2021 tickets?  (Read 12047 times)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Re: how are you handling your 2021 tickets?
« Reply #225: July 01, 2021, 05:46:58 PM »
I'm going to cross-post this in the WNFF M&G Thread...

Since RCR points are virtually worthless to individuals this year, would you Season Plan Holders be interested in pooling those worthless points to try and come up with a Party Suite for the 9/18 M&G game?

I've been able to accumulate points for the last 3 M&G's to get free tickets for dozens of folks, and it was my pleasure to do so.  There doesn't seem to even be a method to redeem RCR points for tickets this year, other than suites.  TBH, I don't even know if we can transfer points to one another, so this exercise may prove futile anyway.

If you are a SPH and would like to help pull this together for the good of all WNFFdom...chime in here and/or in the M&G Thread and let's see if we can get give this effort some legs...

TIA

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #226: July 02, 2021, 12:05:21 AM »
Since RCR points are virtually worthless to individuals this year, would you Season Plan Holders be interested in pooling those worthless points to try and come up with a Party Suite for the 9/18 M&G game?

Great idea varoadking.  And while we're thinking about pooling our resources together, perhaps we should all reach out to our Nats reps to express our distain for the complete castration of the RCR program.  This was honestly one of the biggest perks (for me at least) of being a season ticket holder.  While I totally understand that it was put on pause during the Covid restrictions, I see no reason why it shouldn't have come back in full force now that the ballpark has been opened up to full capacity.

Sorry - didn't mean to hijack the thread, so perhaps this needs to be split out to a separate discussion.  But to get back to your point, a meet-and-greet in a Party Suite for the 9/18 game sounds like a great idea!  There's not much else I can do with the limited points that the Nats are giving us this year.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #227: July 02, 2021, 10:44:51 AM »
CP...
Can you check with you ticker rep and determine if we can transfer RCR's?  I looked high and low on my account last night and didn't see that mechanism.

You didn't hi-jack the thread...the Nats totally hijacked the RCR's.

*  That 50% ecash bonus turned out to be 30% because the took away the 20% discount we had been getting.
*  They cut the RCR's from 50 per ticket to 5.
*  They dropped the daily RCR codes.
*  They eliminated the ability to use RCR's for individual seats.
*  And now it appears they may have eliminated the transfer option.

To get 4,000 points for a party suite, you'd need a full season of 10 seats now.  Pretty unlikely without being a ticket broker or pooling resources...

Offline MonsterUSMC

• GO NATS! GO TAR HEELS!!!
« Reply #228: July 02, 2021, 10:46:47 AM »
Is this the thread, or there a thread to buy/sell tickets?  I don't want to violate any rules, but I might have 4 tickets that I can't use.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #229: July 02, 2021, 02:04:19 PM »
we used to have a stickied thread either here or in the Red Loft for tickets to buy/ sell / borrow / beg.  Until another thread is set up, this is fine.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #230: July 02, 2021, 10:40:50 PM »
Can you check with you ticker rep and determine if we can transfer RCR's?  I looked high and low on my account last night and didn't see that mechanism.

I think I found where you can transfer points.  After logging into the Nats Rewards site, click on your name in the top-right corner and select Account.  Then click on the Points Management tab.  At that point it should let you choose between transferring points to a partner or non-partner and then just choose how much to send.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #231: July 02, 2021, 11:12:57 PM »
I think I found where you can transfer points.  After logging into the Nats Rewards site, click on your name in the top-right corner and select Account.  Then click on the Points Management tab.  At that point it should let you choose between transferring points to a partner or non-partner and then just choose how much to send.

Thanks...I will try that.  We may be on to something now...

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #232: July 03, 2021, 01:00:18 PM »

I don't have a Points Management tab...likely because I am a Partner and not the SPH of record.

Could they make this crap any more impossible?   :roll:

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #233: July 31, 2021, 04:15:02 PM »
Has anyone looked at your account credit balances this week?  I had about $2000 in credits from games in April and May before they fully reopened, and when I logged in today, I see that that credit isn't showing up anymore.  That was real money actually paid to the team, not bonus credit, so they can't have just taken it.  My wife has friend who got a check from the team this week, so I'm wondering if they decided (or were told) to refund unused credits.  If it's just a glitch in my account, that would be good to know sooner rather than later so I can try to start dealing with getting it fixed.  (crossing my fingers that's not the case, because what a pain that would be!)

Thanks in advance for any input on others' experiences!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #234: July 31, 2021, 04:18:46 PM »
Has anyone looked at your account credit balances this week?  I had about $2000 in credits from games in April and May before they fully reopened, and when I logged in today, I see that that credit isn't showing up anymore.  That was real money actually paid to the team, not bonus credit, so they can't have just taken it.  My wife has friend who got a check from the team this week, so I'm wondering if they decided (or were told) to refund unused credits.  If it's just a glitch in my account, that would be good to know sooner rather than later so I can try to start dealing with getting it fixed.  (crossing my fingers that's not the case, because what a pain that would be!)

Thanks in advance for any input on others' experiences!
Actually, I think I had some credit toward tickets pulled, too.  Maybe because I'm on the Nats for life they are applying it to next year's bill?  Seems strange I haven't even seen an opt out message about the NFL plan or a message about next year renewals. 

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #235: July 31, 2021, 04:39:09 PM »
I bet you're right that they've applied it to next season's tickets.  Very crappy to do it silently right when they do the big firesale.  Not a coincidence of course.  They know a lot of people will be trying to not renew now, so they take the credit and apply it rather than let it sit until they send invoices.  And now, when they send the invoice in september, they'll say, "hey, lucky you, instead of $8k you only owe $6k because we generously applied a credit."  I'm annoyed because I was planning to use the remaining credit for a few games this month, and now I'll have to pay cash for those, even though the team already is holding over $2k of my money.

Also, have they confirmed that the bonus credit will continue to carry over to next year?  They originally said it had to be used in 2021, but then we couldn't get our normal seats for the first two months, and I think they announced the bonus credit (and all credit) would carry forward to 2022, but now I can't find it of course.  If the bonus credit (which I used for concessions) will carry to 2022, I'll let the ticket money ride to next year, but if they say the bonus credit expires, then I'll demand my real money back (since the quid pro quo for them keeping my money was them offering the credit).

I think with this week's trades, at least maybe the balance of power has shifted a bit in terms of hopefully being a little more planholder friendly (e.g., like restoring RCR points, etc).

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #236: July 31, 2021, 04:55:41 PM »
while I don't completely mind them applying credit to next year, it makes my accounting a lot worse.  I honestly haven't figured out my group members bills yet because folks bought different amounts of tickets than normal, the prices were not my regular prices for the seats we got before June, and some of my group already paid in 2020 (I kept their money if they didn't request a refund) and  some have not. 

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #237: July 31, 2021, 05:16:14 PM »
Just think of it as deferred credit.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #238: July 31, 2021, 05:50:45 PM »
I just logged into the My Nats Tickets site and, sure enough, the Account Credit page now says "There are currently no available account credits".  That's crap!  I have 5 partners and we had almost $4,000 in credits.  Some of my partners still wanted to use their credits this year.  And what happens if we decide not to renew next year?  I assume we'll get the money back, but I'm not sure. I just emailed my rep to find out what the deal is.  Very crappy that they did this without notice (or maybe it was buried in a notice they sent us 2 months ago).

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #239: August 01, 2021, 09:27:49 AM »
[...]I think with this week's trades, at least maybe the balance of power has shifted a bit in terms of hopefully being a little more planholder friendly (e.g., like restoring RCR points, etc).

...and not raising ticket prices. The roster we have left following Black Thursday is little better than the ones we had back in the lean years (2006-10)...I foresee a lot of season-ticket and partial-plan cancellations.

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #240: August 01, 2021, 12:55:02 PM »
I just logged into the My Nats Tickets site and, sure enough, the Account Credit page now says "There are currently no available account credits".  That's crap!  I have 5 partners and we had almost $4,000 in credits.  Some of my partners still wanted to use their credits this year.  And what happens if we decide not to renew next year?  I assume we'll get the money back, but I'm not sure. I just emailed my rep to find out what the deal is.  Very crappy that they did this without notice (or maybe it was buried in a notice they sent us 2 months ago).

No, they absolutely did it without notice, and it's absolutely related to "black Thursday", since they know they'll be getting a lots of cancellations. 

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #241: August 03, 2021, 11:57:23 PM »
FWIW, I checked with my ticket rep regarding the ticket credits that suddenly disappeared from my account.  I asked if they had been auto-applied to next year's tickets and here's what she said...

"We are in the process of preparing season plan accounts for the renewal process and 2022 season. Your ticket credit is still on your account just in a different location."

So, I guess we'll find out soon what their master plan is.