Author Topic: how are you handling your 2021 tickets?  (Read 11949 times)

Offline USF_Football

Re: how are you handling your 2021 tickets?
« Reply #150: March 30, 2021, 04:45:56 AM »
And just like that, I have four tickets in my App. My faith in humanity is almost restored. Next questions...

1. Should I split the tickets up to my friends or just all meet in a group and scan them on my phone? Does that become problematic for bathroom runs?

2. I noticed the tickets stated Nationals Club Access is only allowed from 7 PM to 8:30 PM. Heck, who wants to go in the club during the game? I can understand 6 PM to 7:30 PM, but only opening the club from 7 PM until 8:30 PM essentially means NOT going in there at all.

3. My two can beer holder hat still hasn't come in from Amazon. Don't screw me Bezos. The one work around from wearing a mask is eating and drinking, so having the continuous flow of beer during the game is paramount to getting life back to normal.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #151: March 31, 2021, 12:44:38 AM »

Not gonna lie, when the tickets hit my account today and I started sending them to friends I low key felt like Oprah.

“You get a Nats Game! You get a Nats Game! EVERYBODY GETS A NATS GAMMMMMEEEEE!!!!!

Offline USF_Football

« Reply #152: March 31, 2021, 09:41:42 PM »
Not gonna lie, when the tickets hit my account today and I started sending them to friends I low key felt like Oprah.

“You get a Nats Game! You get a Nats Game! EVERYBODY GETS A NATS GAMMMMMEEEEE!!!!!

Hahaha!

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #153: April 01, 2021, 01:13:25 AM »
And just like that, I have four tickets in my App. My faith in humanity is almost restored. Next questions...

1. Should I split the tickets up to my friends or just all meet in a group and scan them on my phone? Does that become problematic for bathroom runs?

[/size]
[/size]I read the fine print and it seemed to read that splitting up the pod would invalidate the entire pod’s tickets. I had forwarded them to friends for convenience but recalled out of caution. I hope I didn’t screw myself for tomorrow. I’ll be chatting with my ticket rep in the future for further clarification. For now though, I’ll be linking up with friends outside the park and going in together.
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Anyone know if the bullpen is going to be open?[/size]

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #154: April 01, 2021, 10:49:56 AM »
They are going to get holy heck if they try invalidating seats.  IDGAF if there's a warning about splitting pods (I saw it and told my group members not to do it).  They have no way of knowing whether folks have been in contact with each other all along in small settings, or if they are vaccinated, or whatever.  Point is, it is outside and distanced, so there's no mass risk beyond the folks in each individual pod.  I hope if this is an issue they give you just a tsk tsk.

Good luck today and report back.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #155: April 01, 2021, 10:54:46 AM »
I think the splitting pods thing only comes into play if you’re trying to split the tickets on Stubhub or are in some way an jerk about this.

Offline eastie

« Reply #156: April 01, 2021, 12:18:18 PM »
Anyone know if the bullpen is going to be open?[/size][/font]
Bullpen had posted they were going to be open for the game today with covid-compliant distancing rules in effect

Offline USF_Football

« Reply #157: April 01, 2021, 12:22:54 PM »
This sucks. Game postponed and not being played tomorrow. What a bunch of BS!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #158: April 01, 2021, 12:28:33 PM »
This sucks. Game postponed and not being played tomorrow. What a bunch of BS!
wow.  Sorry for everyone, but tons of sorry for you.  At least you are going to see your family up here, right?

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #159: April 01, 2021, 12:47:16 PM »
I wonder how the Nats are going to handle this situation.  I assume they are going to do whatever it takes to ensure that people who had tickets to tonight's Opening Day game will still be able to go to the first game (whenever it is played).  So, if they end up playing the game on Saturday, does that mean that the people who have Thursday tickets can go and the people who had Saturday tickets will get postponed to a different date?  Or, would they consider a double-header?  But that also presents problems.  I don't think they'd do a split-doubleheader in these Covid times and have 10k people crossing paths.  So that would mean that one group (I assume the Thursday ticket holders) could stay for both games.  Ugh, what a mess!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #160: April 01, 2021, 01:01:41 PM »
I would guess that, with the long season, there will be an inclination to push one make-up game way out in the year, as far away from these cases as possible, with regular lineups, because there's no real need to play the game in the first week of a 26 week season.  The Mets will be in several more times and are relatively close to DC.

Offline eastie

« Reply #161: April 01, 2021, 01:03:58 PM »
I wonder how the Nats are going to handle this situation.  I assume they are going to do whatever it takes to ensure that people who had tickets to tonight's Opening Day game will still be able to go to the first game (whenever it is played).  So, if they end up playing the game on Saturday, does that mean that the people who have Thursday tickets can go and the people who had Saturday tickets will get postponed to a different date?  Or, would they consider a double-header?  But that also presents problems.  I don't think they'd do a split-doubleheader in these Covid times and have 10k people crossing paths.  So that would mean that one group (I assume the Thursday ticket holders) could stay for both games.  Ugh, what a mess!
That would go against how they've handled this historically, and it also means you are shuffling TWO sets of tickets around and not just keeping the OD game tickets intact for whatever the rescheduled date is.  My bet is that whoever scored pod seats for the first date where games are actually played will get "Opening Day", unless they do a split day/night DH with the OD tickets good for the day game as noted above.

Offline USF_Football

« Reply #162: April 01, 2021, 10:00:35 PM »
Fingers crossed for a day game on Saturday. Flying back Sunday morning... oh the drama...

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #163: April 02, 2021, 07:50:44 AM »
Fingers crossed for a day game on Saturday. Flying back Sunday morning... oh the drama...
hope you get your game in in pleasant weather :)

Offline eastie

« Reply #164: April 02, 2021, 09:54:25 AM »
I hope for your sake that if they don't try to fit it in as a DH tomorrow MLB will do the right thing and actually cancel the game and say that it will be re-scheduled AND re-ticketed at a later date when the park will be at more capacity.  I think that is the only way to force refunds across the board, including official resellers.  Otherwise people will have paid crazy money for a mid-June covid/rain date against the Mets ....  I feel for you  :(

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #165: April 02, 2021, 10:26:22 AM »
Some good news from my ticket rep.  I had some concern about the warning language regarding splitting up seats in a pod when you forward them.  There's some sort of warning that tickets could be invalidated if pod integrity is not maintained.  My rep said that this is mainly to prevent tickets from being resold individually.  They are trying to ensure that the folks in a pod know each other and are comfortable together.  You can forward tickets via the ballpark app to another couple you are going to a game with and not risk losing the tickets. This looks like it is designed to stop something I sometimes would do during normal times, which is to claim 4 seats to a game on my plan and sell 2 of them on stubhub.  That sort of splitting of the pod would result in the tickets being invalidated. 

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #166: April 03, 2021, 05:14:58 PM »
Have they released an official statement of how they are handling people who had opening day tickets?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #167: April 03, 2021, 05:17:16 PM »
Have they released an official statement of how they are handling people who had opening day tickets?

Of course not.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #168: April 03, 2021, 05:19:50 PM »
gonna guess they are holding off until they find out if they are playing any games against the Barves. 

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #169: April 03, 2021, 10:44:27 PM »
For those of you with ticket partners, how are you handling your April ticket credits?  I'm not aware of any way to transfer that money like we can for the e-cash bonus credit, so I guess I'll just need to manage it myself and people will need to contact me if they want to purchase extra tickets later this season.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #170: April 08, 2021, 12:37:07 AM »
Apparently my “opening day” tickets are being replaced with tickets to a one part of a half ass double header.

Fuggin’ lame

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #171: April 08, 2021, 09:22:06 AM »
I see there are Rewards available for redemption in the SPH accounts...anyone have word on RCR's and the daily codes?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #172: April 08, 2021, 10:26:23 AM »
I see there are Rewards available for redemption in the SPH accounts...anyone have word on RCR's and the daily codes?
reminds me I have to dish out the eCash bonus :couch:  I'm a lazy sod.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #173: April 08, 2021, 11:03:28 PM »

I was just looking at this last night.  According to https://www.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/season-tickets/red-carpet-rewards, the RCR program this year is "currently unavailable".  While I can understand them not issuing points for stadium attendance (due to the limited capacity), I'm not sure why they aren't giving out codes for things like listening to the radio broadcast and getting codes there.  If nobody can earn RCR points during the season, I guess the RCR Marketplace and Auctions will be pretty quiet.

Offline HondoKillebrew

« Reply #174: April 13, 2021, 10:20:26 AM »
Received email from team for presale (for April games) at 10 am today.  When I went to the presale site, it wouldn't accept the unique password provided in the email.  Bummer. 

Spoke too soon:  Tried again by typing in instead of pasting and worked.