Author Topic: how are you handling your 2021 tickets?  (Read 12034 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: how are you handling your 2021 tickets?
« Reply #50: March 16, 2021, 12:02:03 PM »
I’ll probably be in DC sometime in may or June. I wonder if I’ll be able to go to a game by then.

Offline USF_Football

« Reply #51: March 16, 2021, 05:28:18 PM »
Looks like I have a ton of homework to do to figure this out.  I just hope any sales aren't for a few days so I can correspond with my group.  I imagine we are high on the priorities since our group goes back to 2005 and we have 4 seats full season.

Getting ticket(s) just got a bit more interesting. The question now becomes... how do I continue my streak of never missing an Opening Day game at Nats Park? My dad still hasn't gotten a vaccine. I've done what I could - however at some point, people need to be held accountable for their actions (or lack thereof) in this case. He's probably opting out. So, finding the individual pod seems like the next course of action for those of us still in the hunt (and not afraid to do go to a game by themselves). Not a chick... I don't need someone to go to the bathroom with me. I paid a couple thousand for WS tickets to see Game 1 in Houston (two rows back of the Nats dugout) and a couple thousand to see Game 5 in Vegas (go Caps - three rows behind where the Caps scored the winning goal). What will a Nats ticket cost me realistically in this socially distanced era of non-sense.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #52: March 16, 2021, 07:44:26 PM »
I'm curious about the bag rules.  I suppose if I'm not going from the work office I will not need as much of a change of clothes, but I might want to swap shirts, jackets, etc... if I bike over.

Gonna need to think about strategy on the return bike trip back to CC.  Do I go an extra couple of miles out to the Memorial Bridge and up 27 to avoid the Mt Vernon Trail between 14th St bridge and CC?  The trail is kind of isolated.

I'm curious how trading game dates will work...if at all...

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #53: March 17, 2021, 01:52:40 PM »
I'm curious how trading game dates will work...if at all...
the rules are complex.  On the bright side, I don't think you'll need to trade, at least in the 1st half of the year.  You get a credit for the seats you paid for, then you work through that credit by buying seats that are available in pods each month, then, once you exhaust your paid seats for the month, you can use your 50%  credit.  I think I've got to divvy out the stuff I can for my partners.  I'm hoping they can buy direct.  We get invites sometime next week to buy for April.  Got to get my act together for another mass email :(

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54: March 17, 2021, 01:57:36 PM »
here's much of my email. 

We will prioritize bringing our Season Plan Holders back to the ballpark first while our seating capacity remains extremely limited. We look forward to increasing our capacity in the coming weeks, and we will adjust our operations accordingly to welcome back more of our loyal fans at that time. We thank you for your patience and understanding in following these guidelines during this unprecedented time. Welcome home, fans.

Socially Distanced Relocation: April Games
Season plan holders will be invited to select new seating locations for April games during a one-time socially distanced relocation, which will begin the week of March 22nd.
Your typical Season Plan seating location will no longer be available for April games, due to the necessity of socially distancing Nationals Park in accordance with CDC guidelines. All fans will need to be relocated as part of this process.
Rest assured, your typical Season Plan seating location will be preserved on your account throughout the 2021 season, and into the 2022 Renewal process – regardless of any decisions you make related to Socially Distanced Relocation in 2021. Once we return to full capacity at Nationals Park, your typical Season Plan seating location will be waiting for you.
Your Washington Nationals ticket account has been automatically credited with the total dollar amount associated with April games in your 2021 season plan.
In addition, you have received an automatic credit for the value of the 2021 Exhibition Game that was originally included in your season plan. The Nationals will not host an Exhibition Game at Nationals Park in 2021.
The Socially Distanced Relocation process will allow you to apply the value of your season plan’s April games towards new socially distanced locations.
We will communicate your specific time slot for your Socially Distanced Relocation in advance so you have time to prepare.

The Socially Distanced Relocation will occur via an online purchase flow, similar to previous ticket pre-sales. But rather than paying for the tickets with a credit card, you will be applying account credits from your original April season plan, at no additional cost to you.
To provide the most flexibility to our Season Plan holders, you will be able to make your location decisions on a game-by-game basis, hand-picking the available games and locations that suit you best.
The number of games you will be allowed to select during the Socially Distanced Relocation will be in line with the quantity of April games that were originally part of your Season Plan.
Tickets will be sold in socially distanced pods of 1-6 people.  You will have access to select the pod size matching your quantity of Season Plan seats.
Orders will not be fulfilled through email or voicemail.
If you exhaust all your account credits for April games during the course of the Socially Distanced Relocation, you will be able to spend any 50% Bonus ticket credits* associated with your account.
Once you have secured your new locations for April games, you will be permitted to forward tickets to other members of your seating pod within your household. However, if transferring or selling tickets to your designated share partners or any other party outside of your seating pod, you must sell or transfer the entirety of the tickets from your pod.

If, during the Socially Distanced Relocation, you do not exhaust your full account credit from the April games on your original Season Plan, you will be able to retain the remaining amount as an account credit. This includes if you elect not to participate in the Socially Distanced Relocation for April games whatsoever. This account credit can be used towards future 2021 ticket purchases, including additional Socially Distanced Relocation opportunities that may become necessary in future months.

Additionally, we are excited to announce that we will be allowing our Season Plan Holders to carry any account credits that go unused in 2021 over to the 2022 season.

That last bold on transferring outside the household is a bummer for me.  For OD, that means I can't send the 3 or 4 couples in my group that are vaccinated up a pair each. 

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #55: March 17, 2021, 04:03:44 PM »
Has there been any discussion from the Nats of Red Carpet Rewards or the Guaranteed Giveaways?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56: March 17, 2021, 04:52:44 PM »
Has there been any discussion from the Nats of Red Carpet Rewards or the Guaranteed Giveaways?
Somebody up thread I think said GGs are an open issue. 

Offline eastie

« Reply #57: March 18, 2021, 01:36:35 PM »
Your Washington Nationals ticket account has been automatically credited with the total dollar amount associated with April games in your 2021 season plan.
In addition, you have received an automatic credit for the value of the 2021 Exhibition Game that was originally included in your season plan. The Nationals will not host an Exhibition Game at Nationals Park in 2021.Your Washington Nationals ticket account has been automatically credited with the total dollar amount associated with April games in your 2021 season plan.
I know reality sometimes lags notice, but does anybody see this alleged credit in their account?  I see no ticket information at all in Access or the Ballpark app

Offline djnrook

« Reply #58: March 18, 2021, 08:16:53 PM »
I know reality sometimes lags notice, but does anybody see this alleged credit in their account?  I see no ticket information at all in Access or the Ballpark app

Mine is there.  Is incorrect, and my rep agrees it is incorrect, but it is there.  Also got my ecash credited (and was able to transfer some to a partner)

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #59: March 18, 2021, 11:17:17 PM »

I spoke with my rep today and they said they weren't doing Guaranteed Giveaways this year.  :( 

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #60: March 19, 2021, 04:02:15 AM »
I spoke with my rep today and they said they weren't doing Guaranteed Giveaways this year.  :(

Bummer...

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61: March 19, 2021, 07:35:23 AM »
Bummer...
further bummer. I suspect they'll have that detail in an upcoming announcement.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #62: March 21, 2021, 04:44:22 PM »
Has anyone heard from the Nats about when the online sale event will happen for April games?  I thought they were going to opening things up tomorrow (Monday) morning, but I'm getting concerned that I haven't heard anything yet.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63: March 21, 2021, 05:14:21 PM »
Has anyone heard from the Nats about when the online sale event will happen for April games?  I thought they were going to opening things up tomorrow (Monday) morning, but I'm getting concerned that I haven't heard anything yet.
not yet.  They said they'd give advanced notice so you could plan on your order.  I told my group to get me preferences by 9 AM Monday.  TBH, I have Monday off and am trying to plan things out.  I'm hoping for 24 hours notice. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64: March 22, 2021, 08:01:26 PM »
Got an email tonight that at least my time to buy starts tomorrow at 10 AM

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65: March 22, 2021, 08:34:02 PM »

Mine isn’t until 2. Doubt anything will be available by then.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #66: March 22, 2021, 09:29:02 PM »

Argh, I haven't received an email yet.  I was expecting to be in one of the first groups since we've been full-season ticket holders since Day 1 back in 2005.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #67: March 22, 2021, 09:30:52 PM »

The Astros sent me an email saying I could buy single game tickets at the same tomorrow...and I have never bought tickets from them...

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #68: March 22, 2021, 10:04:16 PM »
Mine isn’t until 2. Doubt anything will be available by then.
At least y'all got letters.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #69: March 22, 2021, 10:05:24 PM »
The Astros sent me an email saying I could buy single game tickets at the same tomorrow...and I have never bought tickets from them...

You bought tickets at Fitteam Park when the Astros were the home team.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #70: March 22, 2021, 10:09:21 PM »
Ok, I finally got the email just before 10pm.  What's weird is that it said that it was sent at 7:15pm.  This is concerning because the email said that "You will receive a separate e-mail immediately prior to your Socially Distanced Relocation with a link to select your new seats for April games".  Well, if I have a similar delay in getting that email tomorrow, I'm screwed!  This is one of my biggest pet peeves about the Nats.  They give you a ridiculously short notice before certain online events.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #71: March 23, 2021, 08:54:36 AM »
Argh, I haven't received an email yet.  I was expecting to be in one of the first groups since we've been full-season ticket holders since Day 1 back in 2005.

I'm a charter full STH and I'm going at 10.00 today.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72: March 23, 2021, 09:14:14 AM »
Ok, I finally got the email just before 10pm.  What's weird is that it said that it was sent at 7:15pm.  This is concerning because the email said that "You will receive a separate e-mail immediately prior to your Socially Distanced Relocation with a link to select your new seats for April games".  Well, if I have a similar delay in getting that email tomorrow, I'm screwed!  This is one of my biggest pet peeves about the Nats.  They give you a ridiculously short notice before certain online events.

What’s your time?

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #73: March 23, 2021, 09:32:55 AM »
What’s your time?

10am this morning.  And I just got the other email from the Nats with the link and instructions, so I'm good to go!   :woop:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74: March 23, 2021, 09:49:36 AM »
I've got members of my group that want to buy 2 tickets, but if I read the email right, I have to purchase the whole pod offered.  for me, that's 3 or 4 seats.  It says partial pods may be cancelled.  That's weird, but I don't think I'll take chances.  with the 50% credit, I don't need to charge my group member.