Author Topic: how are you handling your 2021 tickets?  (Read 11952 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: how are you handling your 2021 tickets?
« Reply #25: March 09, 2021, 03:47:50 PM »
Oriole Park at Camden Yards to open at 50% capacity per Governor Hogan.

Your move DC.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #26: March 09, 2021, 05:04:58 PM »
Best of luck with the twins!

I know you try to take in OD with your dad, so I'm hoping you'll get a chance for 3 generations in a few years. 

Offline USF_Football

« Reply #27: March 09, 2021, 08:57:18 PM »

Your move DC.

Truer words couldn't have been spoken.

Offline USF_Football

« Reply #28: March 09, 2021, 09:06:49 PM »
Best of luck with the twins!

I know you try to take in OD with your dad, so I'm hoping you'll get a chance for 3 generations in a few years. 

Fingers crossed.

Funny story. I told my dad I would always take him to Game 1 if the Nationals played in the World Series. I literally booked a cruise for them to Alaska for their 50th wedding anniversary in 2019. I flew my parents to Seattle and low and behold, they would not let them on the ship because they didn't have passports (military ID's aren't valid). They stood at the pier while the ship pulled away (my mother was in tears). I did everything I could do to book a second cruise for them immediately (this time I did Hawaii for them as I couldn't make Alaska happen again). Low and behold, the Nationals go on a heater. The cruise for Hawaii literally leaves a day before the World Series begins. I ended up at Game 1 in Houston. My dad was somewhere in the Pacific Ocean with no reception. I haven't seen my parents since Opening Day in 2019. Looking forward to seeing them in a couple weeks (assuming DC gets it together).

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #29: March 11, 2021, 09:17:28 AM »
The vaccinated crowd is increasing quickly - even working age people without a medical condition or a special job are scheduling their shot(s).

Your move DC.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #30: March 11, 2021, 10:19:43 AM »
The vaccinated crowd is increasing quickly - even working age people without a medical condition or a special job are scheduling their shot(s).
How? Other than lying.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #31: March 11, 2021, 10:21:30 AM »
How? Other than lying.

There's a trick people are using in which they are going to vaccination sites at the end of scheduled appointments to see if they can get jabbed with leftover shots that can't be refrozen. One of my neighbors used that trick to get a jab earlier this week at a local pharmacy.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #32: March 11, 2021, 10:53:05 AM »
There's a trick people are using in which they are going to vaccination sites at the end of scheduled appointments to see if they can get jabbed with leftover shots that can't be refrozen. One of my neighbors used that trick to get a jab earlier this week at a local pharmacy.
That’s fine. I know of others using other not so upright means.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33: March 12, 2021, 02:31:00 PM »
FWIW, the Nats have emailed out to SPH a notice on their 50% bonuses being credited to their accounts.  You had the opportunity to take eCash, extra tickets, or a kick to the Nats Foundation, or a combo.  My group went with a combo.  When I got the email noticing me that the eCash is in my account and the amounts of the split, it was way off in terms of total bonus and the allocation.  Contacted my ticket rep, and he said there were a lot of typos and the total amount was way off.  Correct amount is much more to my liking :) 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34: March 15, 2021, 01:23:06 PM »
Bowser says she expects 5000 fans to be let in for opening day.

https://twitter.com/segravesnbc4/status/1371505756059623425?s=21

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #35: March 15, 2021, 01:42:48 PM »
Bowser says she expects 5000 fans to be let in for opening day.

https://twitter.com/segravesnbc4/status/1371505756059623425?s=21

Remember that this year's opener is in prime time - let's hope Metrorail doesn't follow through on its threat to close at 21.00 nightly (one of a number of options they are considering to close a 'massive budget shortfall', according to WTOP news).

Meanwhile, the question is put: 'how are you handling your 2021 tickets?'

Per recent correspondence with my ticket rep, my tickets may soon become useless since the Nats (and apparently MLB in general) are going to 100% contactless ticketing via the MLB Ballpark App because of the Covid situation. Since I do not have a smartphone, that is not an option for me.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36: March 15, 2021, 02:08:40 PM »
I mean this with the utmost respect and you can throw the advice in the rubbish, but since you commented I’ll comment.

In 2021, maybe it’s time to get a smartphone, if the lack of one will cause you to miss things that you like.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #37: March 15, 2021, 10:05:09 PM »
Wouldn’t there be an rfid card option if you don’t want to watch we a phone?  Or printing a QR code?  I’d think there’d be other options.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #38: March 15, 2021, 10:39:55 PM »
Here's the letter from DC: https://twitter.com/falcicchio/status/1371624267876597763/photo/1

I wonder how the Nats are going to decide who gets to go.  While they could give the tickets to people who have season plans the longest, I assume there are more than 5,000 people who have had full-season plans since 2005, so I'm not sure what their plan will be.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #39: March 15, 2021, 11:52:19 PM »
Here's the letter from DC: https://twitter.com/falcicchio/status/1371624267876597763/photo/1

I wonder how the Nats are going to decide who gets to go.  While they could give the tickets to people who have season plans the longest, I assume there are more than 5,000 people who have had full-season plans since 2005, so I'm not sure what their plan will be.

If they don't let me in the park for Opening day the entire front office and my ticket rep are about to catch some freaking hands.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #40: March 16, 2021, 01:01:00 AM »
More info from the Post on the Nats plan (although this isn't specific to Opening Day): https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/03/15/washington-nationals-fans-opening-day/

"The Nationals then provided a list of details about how the process will work. They will sell tickets in pods of one to six people, and suites will open at reduced capacity. Season ticket holders will be given the chance to purchase tickets first based on tenure and the size of their plan before any remaining single-game tickets are made available to the general public. All tickets will be electronic and will have a color-coded gate assignment, and fans will have to enter and leave the stadium through their designated gate. No cash will be accepted for parking or in any in-stadium purchases. Face coverings will be required at all times for any fan 2 years or older, except while eating or drinking."

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #41: March 16, 2021, 08:21:44 AM »

A few years ago I heard the Nats had a total of 22,000 planholders (or that that was going to be the maximum number of seats they would sell on a STH basis).

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #42: March 16, 2021, 08:23:21 AM »
Wouldn’t there be an rfid card option if you don’t want to watch we a phone?  Or printing a QR code?  I’d think there’d be other options.

One used to be able to pull up a ticket from My Nationals Tickets and print it out, but that's gone now - the MLB Ballpark App has replaced that.

Online rileyn

« Reply #43: March 16, 2021, 08:28:56 AM »
Remember that this year's opener is in prime time - let's hope Metrorail doesn't follow through on its threat to close at 21.00 nightly (one of a number of options they are considering to close a 'massive budget shortfall', according to WTOP news).

Meanwhile, the question is put: 'how are you handling your 2021 tickets?'

Per recent correspondence with my ticket rep, my tickets may soon become useless since the Nats (and apparently MLB in general) are going to 100% contactless ticketing via the MLB Ballpark App because of the Covid situation. Since I do not have a smartphone, that is not an option for me.

With only 5,000 fans, just drive (or walk/bike if close enough).  Parking should be available and traffic a non-issue.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44: March 16, 2021, 09:05:28 AM »
Looks like I have a ton of homework to do to figure this out.  I just hope any sales aren't for a few days so I can correspond with my group.  I imagine we are high on the priorities since our group goes back to 2005 and we have 4 seats full season.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45: March 16, 2021, 09:15:41 AM »
I don’t expect to be high on the list. Me of my 2 ticket plan since only 2017. At least I’ll be ahead of people who signed up for WS tickets.

Also, I wonder how many folks are going to opt out of this for now.

Offline eastie

« Reply #46: March 16, 2021, 10:08:24 AM »
More info from the Post on the Nats plan (although this isn't specific to Opening Day): https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/03/15/washington-nationals-fans-opening-day/

"The Nationals then provided a list of details about how the process will work. They will sell tickets in pods of one to six people, and suites will open at reduced capacity. Season ticket holders will be given the chance to purchase tickets first based on tenure and the size of their plan before any remaining single-game tickets are made available to the general public. All tickets will be electronic and will have a color-coded gate assignment, and fans will have to enter and leave the stadium through their designated gate. No cash will be accepted for parking or in any in-stadium purchases. Face coverings will be required at all times for any fan 2 years or older, except while eating or drinking."
Going by seniority and plan size I don't think they will be able to cover even the 2005 SPH, but it will be interesting to see the actual demand.  In my group there were only a couple of people who are fully vaccinated and say that they want to start attending ASAP; most are taking a wait-and-see approach.  I'm assuming based on the above that the Nats will refund/credit the SPH tickets for these early games, and offer SPH priority to purchase tickets for those same games in the new pods.  Here's hoping the credits are available immediately to purchase for the same game and at the SPH price.  I'm getting a headache thinking about re-distributing funds to the group for this until we reach enough capacity that our normal plan seats kick in again.

Offline Tim Cullen

« Reply #47: March 16, 2021, 10:24:41 AM »
A couple of other things that will be different:
-Depending on where your seats are you will have a designated entrance you must go to.  They describe it as color-coded so I don't know just how it works.  If you have seats on the 1B side do you have to enter at home plate or down by the river? That is a hike from Metro.

-No bags or coolers.  You can bring a 5" x 7" clutch purse. They say the reason is that checking bags at security causes a log jam and will impact social distancing.

-You can't bring in water and water fountains will be turned off.  You can bring in an empty water bottle and fill it at certain stations.

-Concessions will be operating at a reduced capacity and all food will be individually wrapped and served in a closable container.

-No cash for anything other than the 50/50 raffle.

-Food can be brought in as long as it fits in an "approved bag" or brought in by hand.

-Giveaways will be distributed at all gates and will be placed on a table in a grab-and-go format (FYI, I asked my rep just yesterday if the Guaranteed Giveway program will be offered this year and he said they are still determining that).

-Guests will not be permitted to seek autographs from players and must remain seated in their designated seating pod once inside of the stadium.

-No interaction with mascots or the Nat Pack will be permitted.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #48: March 16, 2021, 11:56:37 AM »
Fresh from Nats ticket services:   

Account ID: xxxxx

Dear xxxxxxx,

Last spring, when we normally would have been welcoming our fans back to Nationals Park for a new season of baseball, our stadium instead stood empty and quiet. We all dreamed of the day that fans would once again be able to come back to the ballpark. 

After extensive discussion and planning with the Government of the District of Columbia, health experts and Major League Baseball, the Washington Nationals will once again be opening our gates to a limited number of fans for the beginning of the 2021 season. In an abundance of caution, we will begin at a reduced capacity of 5,000 fans.

We will prioritize bringing our Season Plan Holders back to the ballpark first while our seating capacity remains extremely limited. We look forward to increasing our capacity in the coming weeks, and we will adjust our operations accordingly to welcome back more of our loyal fans at that time. We thank you for your patience and understanding in following these guidelines during this unprecedented time. Welcome home, fans.

Socially Distanced Relocation: April Games
•   Season plan holders will be invited to select new seating locations for April games during a one-time socially distanced relocation, which will begin the week of March 22nd.
•   Your typical Season Plan seating location will no longer be available for April games, due to the necessity of socially distancing Nationals Park in accordance with CDC guidelines. All fans will need to be relocated as part of this process.
•   Rest assured, your typical Season Plan seating location will be preserved on your account throughout the 2021 season, and into the 2022 Renewal process – regardless of any decisions you make related to Socially Distanced Relocation in 2021. Once we return to full capacity at Nationals Park, your typical Season Plan seating location will be waiting for you.
•   Your Washington Nationals ticket account has been automatically credited with the total dollar amount associated with April games in your 2021 season plan.
o   In addition, you have received an automatic credit for the value of the 2021 Exhibition Game that was originally included in your season plan. The Nationals will not host an Exhibition Game at Nationals Park in 2021.
•   The Socially Distanced Relocation process will allow you to apply the value of your season plan’s April games towards new socially distanced locations.
•   We will communicate your specific time slot for your Socially Distanced Relocation in advance so you have time to prepare. 
o   The Socially Distanced Relocation will occur via an online purchase flow, similar to previous ticket pre-sales. But rather than paying for the tickets with a credit card, you will be applying account credits from your original April season plan, at no additional cost to you.
o   To provide the most flexibility to our Season Plan holders, you will be able to make your location decisions on a game-by-game basis, hand-picking the available games and locations that suit you best.
o   The number of games you will be allowed to select during the Socially Distanced Relocation will be in line with the quantity of April games that were originally part of your Season Plan.
o   Tickets will be sold in socially distanced pods of 1-6 people.  You will have access to select the pod size matching your quantity of Season Plan seats.
o   Orders will not be fulfilled through email or voicemail.
o    If you exhaust all your account credits for April games during the course of the Socially Distanced Relocation, you will be able to spend any 50% Bonus ticket credits* associated with your account.
Once you have secured your new locations for April games, you will be permitted to forward tickets to other members of your seating pod within your household. However, if transferring or selling tickets to your designated share partners or any other party outside of your seating pod, you must sell or transfer the entirety of the tickets from your pod.

If, during the Socially Distanced Relocation, you do not exhaust your full account credit from the April games on your original Season Plan, you will be able to retain the remaining amount as an account credit. This includes if you elect not to participate in the Socially Distanced Relocation for April games whatsoever. This account credit can be used towards future 2021 ticket purchases, including additional Socially Distanced Relocation opportunities that may become necessary in future months.

Additionally, we are excited to announce that we will be allowing our Season Plan Holders to carry any account credits that go unused in 2021 over to the 2022 season.  Credits for actual money paid towards 2020 or 2021 games can be applied towards the renewal of your season plan for 2022. Any 50% Bonus Credits* can be used in 2022 towards seat upgrades, concessions, merchandise, additional tickets and more (based on your previous decisions regarding how to allocate your 50% Bonus Credit).

We will communicate any relocation plan for May games as soon as we have additional information. If you have any additional questions or need assistance with any of the above options, please call us at 202-675-6287 (NATS) or reach out to your Membership Service Representative. For Frequently Asked Questions, visit www.nationals.com/2021ticketinfo.

Thank you again for your dedication and continued support.

Sincerely,
The Washington Nationals

*The 50% Bonus Credit Program for 2020 customers is governed by, and subject to, its terms and conditions located at: www.nationals.com/creditterms. The New Buyer 50% Bonus Credit Program is governed by, and subject to, its terms and conditions located at: www.nationals.com/bonusterms.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49: March 16, 2021, 11:57:42 AM »
I'm curious about the bag rules.  I suppose if I'm not going from the work office I will not need as much of a change of clothes, but I might want to swap shirts, jackets, etc... if I bike over.

Gonna need to think about strategy on the return bike trip back to CC.  Do I go an extra couple of miles out to the Memorial Bridge and up 27 to avoid the Mt Vernon Trail between 14th St bridge and CC?  The trail is kind of isolated.