Author Topic: how are you handling your 2021 tickets?  (Read 11960 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
how are you handling your 2021 tickets?
« Topic Start: February 24, 2021, 09:20:40 AM »
... with gloves and a mask :lol:

OK, now that I got that line out of the way, I'm curious about how other SPH are handling allocating their tickets this year.  I heard from my rep that the Nats have applied to DC to start allowing attendance.  No specific numbers and obviously a negotiation, but what would you do if, say, DC OKs 10-25% attendance with masks and maybe proof of injection or recovery from infection, or rapid tests, or sniffer dogs, or some other means of assurance to limit spread opportunities? 

I have 20+ in my full-season group of 4 seats in the NS Club, so it is a small section, mostly season ticket groups, and you pass through narrow indoor corridors to get to/from seats.  In West Palm, it seems they've opened with the concept of seating "pods" that are 2-6 seats with distance from other pods that a group in contact with each other caan obtain.  I could see the Nats trying that, but if they have more than 20,000 SPH, they could not give you tickets to every game and still maintain reasonable distance unless they are tetris masters. I do not see DC allowing that, at least in April - May.

In my mind, I've thought that there will be very few fans in before the all star break (10% or less), and maybe looser rules after mid-July when large percentages should have had an opportunity for their shots.  Based on that, I have not bothered my ticket group about allocating early seats, and if we get a chance to go to some games early, ad lib and email my members.

What other approaches are people who renewed / bought taking?  Anyone else with a large group thought about this?

Offline Five Banners

Re: how are you handling your 2021 tickets?
« Reply #1: February 24, 2021, 10:18:03 AM »
Holding off completely. Wearing extra gear that some will be deputizing themselves to monitor is not my idea of a recreational / social outdoor activity for which I would pay top dollar. They can carry the tickets over the next year if necessary

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #2: February 24, 2021, 03:03:58 PM »
Wearing extra gear that some will be deputizing themselves to monitor is not my idea of a recreational / social outdoor activity for which I would pay top dollar.

Never underestimate the value of a well placed smack to the face.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3: February 24, 2021, 07:24:51 PM »
I will be curious as to what accommodations they'll make got folks who bought tickets (renewed) but don't want to go before injections are for everyone

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #4: February 24, 2021, 07:30:20 PM »
I will be curious as to what accommodations they'll make got folks who bought tickets (renewed) but don't want to go before injections are for everyone

Same here.  I renewed, and let them keep my money in exchange for a credit for concessions.  I doubt my family or others in my group will be comfortable by April.  Maybe by July once more people (including us) have been vaccinated.  I hope we can continue rolling forward tickets, including to 2022 if necessary.  And I'd hope the credit wouldn't be wasted, which would be pretty crappy.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #5: March 01, 2021, 06:28:08 PM »
Same here.  I renewed, and let them keep my money in exchange for a credit for concessions.  I doubt my family or others in my group will be comfortable by April.  Maybe by July once more people (including us) have been vaccinated.  I hope we can continue rolling forward tickets, including to 2022 if necessary.  And I'd hope the credit wouldn't be wasted, which would be pretty crappy.

I opted for the ticket credit (roughly $600). If capacity/availability restrictions hinder my ability to use that for Diamond Club or Possibly Sky Club Tickets, I'll be livid.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #6: March 02, 2021, 06:35:02 PM »
I think you can mix & match the E-Cash and ticket credits too (?)

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #7: March 02, 2021, 07:06:40 PM »
I’ve been told our tickets and e cash will be put into a bank and we can use the cash equivalent of our plan to get seats every month as attendance is determined. Whatever isn’t used rolls to the next month and to next season.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #8: March 02, 2021, 07:09:36 PM »
Good info, thanks.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #9: March 02, 2021, 07:11:17 PM »
I’ve been told our tickets and e cash will be put into a bank and we can use the cash equivalent of our plan to get seats every month as attendance is determined. Whatever isn’t used rolls to the next month and to next season.

That would make sense

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #10: March 02, 2021, 09:10:52 PM »
No problem; it’s a great approach and makes me very happy. If seats are limited to 10k a game there’s a chance we can sell seats for a mint.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #11: March 02, 2021, 09:53:18 PM »
The way the COVID shots are moving along, there may not be any limitations on game attendance after Memorial Day

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #12: March 02, 2021, 10:08:24 PM »
The way the COVID shots are moving along, there may not be any limitations on game attendance after Memorial Day

that assumes that the new variants and easing restrictions aren’t offset by rapidly increasing vaccines. As noted on the other thread, new cases nationally were up 2% last week

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #13: March 02, 2021, 10:17:24 PM »
I hear ya, but what occurred last week may not be representative of what going on nationally 30 days from now.  Despite Texas.

that assumes that the new variants and easing restrictions aren’t offset by rapidly increasing vaccines. As noted on the other thread, new cases nationally were up 2% last week

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #14: March 02, 2021, 10:32:49 PM »
I hear ya, but what occurred last week may not be representative of what going on nationally 30 days from now.  Despite Texas.

I hope so.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #15: March 03, 2021, 03:32:18 PM »

I hate to break this to you, but Texas isn't on the moon.  It's 3 hours from anywhere by air.  And there will be more similar insanity in coming days.

Offline USF_Football

« Reply #16: March 06, 2021, 02:51:26 AM »
Despite Texas? More insanity? Come on people, stop drinking the liberal Kool-Aid in DC. I live in Texas and will be at Opening Day in DC this year (assuming your politicians actually wake up and don't screw the players and fans with more COVID nonsense keeping the park closed). Texas is opening up because we didn't sit on vaccinations. When most of the state lost power three weeks ago, we were told by the global media that there would be another surge in COVID related illnesses (I'm still reading about it today and shaking my head). It hasn't happened (my wife is an OM/PM physician running COVID operations at BAMC in San Antonio where she reports directly to the Surgeon General). FWIW, she has not been vaccinated (unfortunate medical reasons) whereas I received my second dose on 1/20/2021 (not through the military at that or because of my wife - I was vaccinated through a typical hospital). I've been on my parents in Northern Virginia about getting vaccinated for the last three months as my mom and dad swear Fauci is the next greatest thing since Oprah - she'd wear five masks and latex gloves for life if that's what he would say would need to happen. They keep telling me that they can't get vaccinated yet (they're in their 70's). It's maddening how an area so progressive is so behind a "hick state" like Texas. I've offered to bring them to Texas to get vaccinated (other friends of mine in Maryland drove to Texas to get vaccinated when I told them in late December that vaccines were available and the local hospitals didn't want them to go to waste). Either way, you can keep believing the sensationalism coming from the MSM or you can wake up and realize we've already reached a point where herd immunity has been achieved in our country (a combination of the vaccinations administered and individuals that never realized they had COVID that already have the anti-bodies coupled with individuals that tested positive for COVID). I'm not a skeptic by any means. I've lived this insanity like everyone else for the last 15 months. You can get busy living or get busy dying. Go Nationals... see you at Nationals Opening Day in 2021 unless the local DC government denies me that opportunity again after never missing one in my lifetime (sans 2020).

JCA note on 3/9 - this does delve into covid and politics a bit, but I'm leaving this up b/c we've moved on at this point and leaving it as a one-off pop-off, which I let slide unless it bogs things down.  Comments should focus on the point about whether OD seating is available in DC, not the motivation for the restriction

Offline USF_Football

« Reply #17: March 06, 2021, 02:52:47 AM »
No problem; it’s a great approach and makes me very happy. If seats are limited to 10k a game there’s a chance we can sell seats for a mint.

God, I love capitalism. It smells of awesomeness. Any chance you work for Big Pharma?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18: March 06, 2021, 08:34:58 AM »
Despite Texas? More insanity? Come on people, stop drinking the liberal Kool-Aid in DC. I live in Texas and will be at Opening Day in DC this year (assuming your politicians actually wake up and don't screw the players and fans with more COVID nonsense keeping the park closed). Texas is opening up because we didn't sit on vaccinations. When most of the state lost power three weeks ago, we were told by the global media that there would be another surge in COVID related illnesses (I'm still reading about it today and shaking my head). It hasn't happened (my wife is an OM/PM physician running COVID operations at BAMC in San Antonio where she reports directly to the Surgeon General). FWIW, she has not been vaccinated (unfortunate medical reasons) whereas I received my second dose on 1/20/2021 (not through the military at that or because of my wife - I was vaccinated through a typical hospital). I've been on my parents in Northern Virginia about getting vaccinated for the last three months as my mom and dad swear Fauci is the next greatest thing since Oprah - she'd wear five masks and latex gloves for life if that's what he would say would need to happen. They keep telling me that they can't get vaccinated yet (they're in their 70's). It's maddening how an area so progressive is so behind a "hick state" like Texas. I've offered to bring them to Texas to get vaccinated (other friends of mine in Maryland drove to Texas to get vaccinated when I told them in late December that vaccines were available and the local hospitals didn't want them to go to waste). Either way, you can keep believing the sensationalism coming from the MSM or you can wake up and realize we've already reached a point where herd immunity has been achieved in our country (a combination of the vaccinations administered and individuals that never realized they had COVID that already have the anti-bodies coupled with individuals that tested positive for COVID). I'm not a skeptic by any means. I've lived this insanity like everyone else for the last 15 months. You can get busy living or get busy dying. Go Nationals... see you at Nationals Opening Day in 2021 unless the local DC government denies me that opportunity again after never missing one in my lifetime (sans 2020).

Save it for the Politics section. Also, get your facts straight. Texas is behind Virginia in vaccinations, no matter what metric you use. 

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #19: March 06, 2021, 08:42:21 AM »
Save it for the Politics section. Also get your facts straight. Texas is behind Virginia in vaccinations, no matter what metric you use. 

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html
Utility bills are lower too.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #20: March 06, 2021, 09:14:39 AM »
Utility bills are lower too.

POTY!   :hysterical:

Online Natsinpwc

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22: March 06, 2021, 12:17:32 PM »
Despite Texas? More insanity? Come on people, ...I've lived this insanity like everyone else for the last 15 months. You can get busy living or get busy dying. Go Nationals... see you at Nationals Opening Day in 2021 unless the local DC government denies me that opportunity again after never missing one in my lifetime (sans 2020).
I am very skeptical about DC allowing more than a token amount of fans in, if any at all, for OD this year.  I think it was noted up thread, but they are going to look at things in about another week or so, but for now, there's no fans.  I'd also thing that, if fans were allowed in, they would start with seating pods and a reduced capacity, like 5000 fans.  They might give preference to SPH, too, since there's 20,000-25,000 of those and the team has to start working off the bonuses and rollovers for SPH from last year. 

As to whether this is prudent or the product of some political agenda, that's for another thread.  We've generally discussed the COVID health status in the uncensored section because some folks share their health status and we've presumed that gets whatever extra confidentiality we can give it.  There is one thread in the Red Loft (so I've got covid) where one poster opened up a bit about his status that way.  As for the politics of the matter, those discussions are also in a hidden thread. 

We have very limited rules about what can't be discussed in WNFF threads, and have a thread on what mods look for stickied I think in either the red loft or the suggestions section.  Basically, nothing R-rated, no threats of violence, nothing political,and no transparent trolling in the public threads, and nothing that would lead to an EEO complaint were it at work, either.  If you'd like access to uncensored, there's a place you can ask in the Red Loft stickied threads. 

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #23: March 07, 2021, 09:15:07 AM »
I am very skeptical about DC allowing more than a token amount of fans in, if any at all, for OD this year.[...]

I'm afraid I have to agree - and not just for Opening Day but for well into the season. And add to that Metro's threat to shut down nightly at 21.00 (one of a number of proposals to cover the emperor's ransom they've lost since the pandemic began) and you have a most unpromising backdrop for re-opening the ballpark this season.

Offline USF_Football

« Reply #24: March 09, 2021, 03:02:20 PM »
I'll play nice and keep the politics out of this forum. Just received my electric bill for February since someone made a joke about it - the bill was $343.72 (single story house with a two car garage, a detached guest house/garage, pool/spa, sports court - roughly 4,000 sq ft of livable space). The month before, my bill was $444.70 (granted, I hung 400 strands of lights around my oak trees for Christmas - so I didn't help myself much). Either way, we never lost power and my bill isn't anything abnormal. We did lose water for the week, however my spa made for a great shower for our family.

On a different note, still scouring the news daily about Opening Day tickets... considered buying a full season plan, however I'd hate to see the remaining tickets go to waste. Found out my wife is pregnant with twins so priorities will be changing rather soon. Go Nationals!