Author Topic: how are you handling your 2021 tickets?  (Read 8083 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: how are you handling your 2021 tickets?
« Reply #275: September 07, 2021, 09:27:35 AM »
I'm outtathere (for reasons already discussed some months ago). TBSITH will have a new occupant-of-record next season.
That’s a darn shame. But you will still have Charlie and Dave.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #276: September 07, 2021, 09:32:35 AM »
That’s a darn shame. But you will still have Charlie and Dave.

That's true...I'll miss the ballpark, but having C&D to hand is quite adequate compensation.

Offline English Natsie

• Have you spotted it yet?..
« Reply #277: September 07, 2021, 10:13:06 AM »
In order to raise revenue, new video game announced - 'Grand Theft Nationals'... ;)

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #278: September 07, 2021, 10:22:12 AM »
very reluctantly I've come to a decision to at least not renew the 4 in the 2d floor club we've had since the stadium opened. It's really been priced out of the range I'm comfortable with and I got a lot of price resistance from about half of my group's heavy hitters.  Philosophically, the group started back 30 years ago when DC was up for an expansion franchise as an office group.  We ended up with Camden Yards tickets when it opened and DC didn't get a team, then switched back in '05.  WE got the Club seats in '08 as sort of a nice thing, but what has happened is that the price now is beyond what starting attorneys in our office feel comfortable paying.  I've got to rethink the package.  I still may end up buying back in with a different plan, maybe 4 seats in the Gallery for half a season and 2 seats in the Club for half, but I need to act now.  At least 9/9 forced me to act.

When they’re chasing away committed clientele, it’s tough to see how could one conclude anything other than they are making huge mistakes here and don’t appear to have sufficient alternate voices empowered enough to make the pros and cons clear to them.

If they chase away the most committed parts of ticket-buying fan bases, it figures to take quite a lot to bring them back and have them inclined to stay through thick and thin.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #279: September 07, 2021, 11:45:31 AM »
Those seats are a lot harder to just write off for a given game than my group's are (in IFG).  And even those are getting to the hmmm point. 

very reluctantly I've come to a decision to at least not renew the 4 in the 2d floor club we've had since the stadium opened. It's really been priced out of the range I'm comfortable with and I got a lot of price resistance from about half of my group's heavy hitters.  Philosophically, the group started back 30 years ago when DC was up for an expansion franchise as an office group.  We ended up with Camden Yards tickets when it opened and DC didn't get a team, then switched back in '05.  WE got the Club seats in '08 as sort of a nice thing, but what has happened is that the price now is beyond what starting attorneys in our office feel comfortable paying.  I've got to rethink the package.  I still may end up buying back in with a different plan, maybe 4 seats in the Gallery for half a season and 2 seats in the Club for half, but I need to act now.  At least 9/9 forced me to act.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #280: September 17, 2021, 07:08:28 PM »
I'm glad to see that the Post wrote an article about the falling attendance and the ridiculous price increases for next year... https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/09/17/nationals-fans-attendance-rebuild/